Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need everyone's help for this.

I need everyone's help for this.

Well, if any of you remember one of my last few posts, I mentioned that I was planning on starting my own business. Well, I'm on my way for that to become a reality. I now am getting ready to start up a basic, starter version of my final business by going out and just doing basic work and modification of peoples cars and/or computer/electronics. Where I need your help in is to see if my prices are fair and not too much or even if they are too little. So, tell me where I'm too high and where I can increase the prices. This will act as additional income for the time being so I can start to modify my new 2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V and really prove what I can do as a "Tuner," and this car can also demonstrait my electrical skills (I know, I know! I said I was going back to Ford, but this Nissan dealer bought the old 1996 "Purple People Eater" 200SX, so I went back to Nissan). The name is the one I'm banking on later.

Price List:
    BANNER ELECTRONICS AND RACING, LLC

Automotive Services and Price List
    (if parts provided, parts are extra if not provided and other services are $65 per hour)
    Work is warrantied for up to 30 days after service is done

Engine Compartment Dress Up - $35-100
    Engine Degrease and Clean Up
    Cover wires with Color Split Loom
    Paint or Polish Valve Cover(s)
    Install Braided Line(s) and Hose(s)
    Replace Dip Stick and Oil Cap
    Install Colored Silicone Vacuum Hoses
    Install Colored Silicone Spark Plug Wires
    Replace the Accelerator Cable with a Braided Stainless one
    Paint exhaust Heat Shields with High Temperature Paint
    Paint Brackets
    Install Hood Props

On Board Diagnostics Check - $45

Aftermarket Ignition Coil Installation - $75-120 (Depending on amount of Coils)

Engine Tune Up -$55-135
    Install new spark plugs
    Oil and Filter Change
    Coolant Change
    Air Filter Change
    PCV Valve Change (if required)

Aftermarket Short Ram Air Intake Installation - $35-45

Aftermarket Cold-Air Intake Installation - $45-100 (higher for custom shields)

Aftermarket Intake Manifold Installation - $80-120

Aftermarket Throttle Body(ies) and/or Spacer(s) Installation - $45-60

Aftermarket Fuel Pressure Regulator Installation- $55-65

Aftermarket Fuel Pump Installation - $80-150

Aftermarket Fuel Injector and/or Rail Installation - $50-125

Aftermarket Exhaust Header(s) Installation - $75-100

Aftermarket Cat-Back Exhaust Installation - $85-125

Aftermarket Cooling Radiator Upgrade Installation - $75-200
    Aftermarket Fan extra, see price below for fan installation cost

Aftermarket Electronic Fan Installation - $55-95

Aftermarket Gauge Installation - $35 per gauge
    Bung installation for O2 and EGT gauge are $15 extra
    Taps into block are $20 extra
    Tachometer is $45, Shift Light is $5 extra

Computer and Electronics Repairs and Services are $35 per hour and parts are extra if not provided

All Services must be paid in full before any vehicle is released to customer.

All work is not guaranteed, nor is Banner Electronics and Racing, LLC. liable for legality or smog proofing
    Last edited by DodgeNitroBIRM; 11-09-2005 at 06:47 PM.
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

paint or polish the valve cover could be expensive and dont' think you shoudl "bundle" it. Degreasing some of them can be a nightmare !!! and if it were a casting then you'd have a LT Of work polishing it !!

Also, dont' think you've a chance in hell anyone will pay UP FRONT for it and not guaranteeting or warrantying when you're adding new parts ? Nope. You'll need to revisit your T&Cs
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well, they would be providing the parts themselves, I'm not offering to sell parts just yet. I'm thinking about a 30 day warranty, so that probably will change. I'll also probably reword the payment part to "The car will not leave my possession until paid in full." How does that sound?
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

ah, ok, if they supply parts then you need to point out that warranty is as per their supplier. You still sit on slightly dodgy ground if for example you damage a lead whilst installing it
    Car not leaving possession, yep, do that for sure Maybe not quite so threatening tho'
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Ok, I'll edit that, then.

If you want to do an effective market study, I'd suggest you check the prices of your local competition. It's not that I don't want to give an oppinion on your prices, it's just that prices will vary from one location (city, country) to another. What may be cheap in one location may be expensive in another.

Good luck with your start up!!!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I did some research and my prices are within $5-20 of most of the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeNitroBIRM
    I did some research and my prices are within $5-20 of most of the competition.
    Cool, concentrate on the quality of your work and customer service and you'll do just fine.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Cool, concentrate on the quality of your work and customer service and you'll do just fine.
    too be honest I think that is important.However it is also important that you can do the stuff cheap (in the beginning). People will talk to their friends/family and neighbours etcetera like "Go there, he did a good cheap, and you know what , it even was cheaper as X ". This will be good mouth-to-mouth advertising. Also i suggest you place a small ad in your (local/regional) newspaper. Creating a good website with the information people really NEED is important. If you could understand Dutch, i would suggest you to have a look at my uncle's website; www.classicpassion.nl. It is (one of) the place(s) where he gets a lot of customers (=money) from.

Nice. I wish you all the luck.

But:
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeNitroBIRM
    Engine Compartment Dress Up - $35-100
    What the hell is that ?

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    too be honest I think that is important.However it is also important that you can do the stuff cheap (in the beginning). People will talk to their friends/family and neighbours etcetera like "Go there, he did a good cheap, and you know what , it even was cheaper as X ". This will be good mouth-to-mouth advertising. Also i suggest you place a small ad in your (local/regional) newspaper. Creating a good website with the information people really NEED is important. If you could understand Dutch, i would suggest you to have a look at my uncle's website; www.classicpassion.nl. It is (one of) the place(s) where he gets a lot of customers (=money) from.
    I'd say the opposite. Don't be too cheap unless you deliver bad work. If you know you're good an you work likt a pro then don't whore yourself with cheap prices. Because once you start jackin' up your prices your clients will flee.

Oh an NEVER EVER do anything for free for friends or family. It goes around and WILL damage your business.

Are you 15 years old, or is your sig some obscure quote. I wouldn't go anywhere near a garage run by a 15 year old.

It say in his prof he was born in '84.

15 is the hexadecimal number for 21.

Engine dress up is mostly described by the items under the price. It's no performance upgrade, but it will make the engine compartment cleaner and nicer looking.

What about instaliing parts?
    Naturally quality control should be your biggest concern.
    People need to be told "my products are best because........", that's how they start buying.
    Also try setting up a website/phone hotline for quieries or information.
    Try advertising on the net.
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

Thread Information