Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferrari's 60th anniversary.

I hope this is actually properly stripped out like the F40, and unlike the Enzo. What's the point in all of these luxuries when, as a road car, the Enzo is rubbish. I also hope it has a proper gearbox, but I can guarentee that it won't.
    On a Good day, Chris Bangle designs the Fiat Coupe.
    On a Bad day, he designs a BMW.

R.I.P Richard Burns.

The Enzo is a very well engineered car but I think it's way too overpowered. Only Schumacher can possibly control all that power. What makes you think the rich boys can do so? The Enzo is great on paper and on a track, but a rich man will never wring every last bit out of it. Something even more powerful than the Enzo will be made but will be even more uncontrolable.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    I don't think the Enzo style fits into F40's or F50's, hoping to see a F60. Lol I remember when they just started developing the Enzo it looked like the MC12.
    ..the mc12 was built based on the enzo..AFTER the enzo. So how could the enzo have looked like the mc12 while being built?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    The Enzo is a very well engineered car but I think it's way too overpowered. Only Schumacher can possibly control all that power. What makes you think the rich boys can do so? The Enzo is great on paper and on a track, but a rich man will never wring every last bit out of it. Something even more powerful than the Enzo will be made but will be even more uncontrolable.
    True, horsepower it seems is just becoming a status symbol, something to used for bragging rights. The reasoning goes: if the Veyron has 1001 hp, how could the top Ferrari only have 600?

When it comes to wringing the last bits of performance out of any car, its only the pros that can do that. Most people can't even wring the most out of their normal cars.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

PerfAdf
    your absolutely right
    i think that ferrari will make a light weight car with massive amounts of bHP
    but if they want to go after the veyron's hp numbers they should make it heavier imo
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

i think they should just strip a mc12 of all comforts lighten it, raise horespower 50-100BHP, paint it red and slap a ferrari emblem on it.

Rummor has it the next ferrari will have revolutionary elctronics such as high speed internet and a stove, while keeping weight below a tone.
    do I smell a new Batmobile?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

yes, ive also heard that, but the inside scoop also hints at a deep fryer and the worlds smallest 2,000,000,000GBKB microproccessercomputationalaerospaceengineer
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

I reckon if they do anything at all, it'd just be a special edition car, like a limited edition 430, 575 or 612 or something along those lines. Or they might reveal something, like the 600

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    True, horsepower it seems is just becoming a status symbol, something to used for bragging rights. The reasoning goes: if the Veyron has 1001 hp, how could the top Ferrari only have 600?

When it comes to wringing the last bits of performance out of any car, its only the pros that can do that. Most people can't even wring the most out of their normal cars.
    This the future they have chosen for themselves : a rich man's wow-machine-toy.
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    JC was wrong. If they do make an F60, I'm hoping for a hearkening back to the head days of the F40. A stripped out, no-nonsense track machine that'll tear your face off. None of that air-con as standard crap.
    The car's origional name is the F60. But they decided it was the ultimate Ferrari so they named it after Enzo.
    "There is no doubt about when people began racing automobiles. It was the day they made the second one." - Richard Petty

All Throttle, No Bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Why do you think they'll celebrate their 60th anniversary with a car? They have only done that in 1987 when they launched the F40. The F50 was unveiled in 1995, so the 'F60' should have been unveiled in 2003. I would highly doubt there will ever be a F60. IIRC the Enzo is known internally as the F140 and the Modena F131.
    True but the F50 sold until 1997, the Anniversary year.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidStradale
    The car's origional name is the F60. But they decided it was the ultimate Ferrari so they named it after Enzo.
    Uh no, magazines rumor and guessed it was the next F60.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    I hope this is actually properly stripped out like the F40, and unlike the Enzo. What's the point in all of these luxuries when, as a road car, the Enzo is rubbish. I also hope it has a proper gearbox, but I can guarentee that it won't.
    I would like to see you shift faster than Enzo's auto-clutch.

Thread Information