Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lexus problems already

well this is my take on Lexus

I just got rid of my 2002 LX470, nice truck, but what a pain in the ass! Got me a new 06 Chevy K3500 Crew Cab Dually 4x4 diesel with the new Allison 6 speed tranny. Black and loaded to the gills (LT3). I love it. Lexus is nice, but I wont own another one

wait, why was teh LX a pain?
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

My problems with the LX470

Drivers side window (power) broke had it replaced, Lexus at first didnt want to honor the warranty but they did. (part was almost 800 bucks)

The truck would not start intermittenly. Lexus said it was either the starter (1000 bucks) or the ignition tumblers were bad (1000 bucks), and this is after I dump 700 on the 60000 miles service. I had enough of the truck, very nice, elegant, but too much of a pain in the ass. I bought it because I thought since Lexus is owned by Toyota I would not have BS issues, but I was wrong.

the wind noise is the same after getting it serviced at the dealer but most of the road noise has gone away. if any of you are getting an LS430 DONT get 2004 or before. the keyless entry system is a SOB!!! i'll stand outside the car and hit the button on the doorhandle to unlock
    and itll unlock and lock again. then sometimes if you have your key in your pocket (as apposed to in the ashtrey or somehwere in the car) the steering locks and you cant start the car for 10 minutes. then omfg the trunk. the only two ways to open it is pop it from inside the car or have the key in your pocket and press that up to where the tag is and press an impossible to get button. if your driving with multiple people in the car and one needs the trunk its just so damn gay. i hate the car but my dad loves it. man i wanna mini.

oh btw new noise i forgot to tell you guys about.. now when we start to accelerate from low (idle) revvs to a slow speed before getting up in the 20's we can hear the belt or something else groaning.. kinda annoying
    Last edited by Zondaboy1; 03-12-2006 at 05:10 PM.
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Quote Originally Posted by ATIBlownZ06
    Drivers side window (power) broke had it replaced, Lexus at first didnt want to honor the warranty but they did. (part was almost 800 bucks)

The truck would not start intermittenly. Lexus said it was either the starter (1000 bucks) or the ignition tumblers were bad (1000 bucks), and this is after I dump 700 on the 60000 miles service. I had enough of the truck, very nice, elegant, but too much of a pain in the ass. I bought it because I thought since Lexus is owned by Toyota I would not have BS issues, but I was wrong.
    Is that all? Because if it is, I don't see how that is TOO bad. You should try a couple british and french cars before you moan about any japanese car again, specially Honda and Toyota products, specially when they are already 4 years old. Land Cruisers (your LX470 is only a variant) are one of the toughest cars in the world.

I recommend going to the EVO magazine website, and look at their recient experience with the long term Jaguar X-Type and the Aston Martin Vantage. Those problems are really a b**** and worth selling the cars!
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by Zondaboy1
    the keyless entry system is a SOB!!! i'll stand outside the car and hit the button on the doorhandle to unlock
    and itll unlock and lock again.
    If your LS is anything like my IS, you're not actually meant to press the button on the handle to unlock it - you're simply meant to put your hand on the handle and open it Pretty easy! The button's actually there to LOCK the car, so maybe that's why it's unlocking then locking again.
    - IS250fied -

Quote Originally Posted by fa22_raptor
    If your LS is anything like my IS, you're not actually meant to press the button on the handle to unlock it - you're simply meant to put your hand on the handle and open it Pretty easy! The button's actually there to LOCK the car, so maybe that's why it's unlocking then locking again.
    yeah, don't Lexus's have proximity unlocking?

Well, the car recognises the presence of the key within about half a meter, but you actually have to physically place your hand on the handle for it to unlock Otherwise it would be pretty damn difficult to lock and you might unintentionally unlock it by walking nearby
    - IS250fied -

Quote Originally Posted by fa22_raptor
    i sometimes its just a bitch. ive found myself outside yanking the door off i dont always press the button but now i know
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

first of all about your wind noise problems... well my lexus IS300(2008 model) has quite the same problem, but you get used to the wind noise, however i have been in a LS430(not sure of year model) and its really quite...i think your over complaining

about the belt? how many km/miles does the meter have? maybe its time for a belt replacment

also as some1 said earlier the button on the door is ment for you to lock the car when u leave it instead of pressing the lock button on the key itself

the LS430 is a beauty and i hvnt seen any LS430 owner who has that problem, or in infact ANY problem !
    Xbox360 Gamertag: UAE BOSS
    PS3 ID: UAE

Thread Information