11 61.11%
  • Chris Atkinson

7 38.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mikko Hirvonen Vs Chris Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by lukehow
    maybe in Holland.
    look on google for Mirko, you'll be surprised
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

I presume that his real name is Mirko (I also saw Markko) but his popular name, easier for the general public may have become Mikko
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I presume that his real name is Mirko (I also saw Markko) but his popular name, easier for the general public may have become Mikko
    Eh, I'm not sure if your serious or not...
    Yes there are many sites that say Mirko Hirvonen, non of which in Finnish.... (Mirko is a name here, but it's very rare)
    Markko on the other hand is not a name in Finnish, although Marko and Markku is. Mikko again is one of the most popular names in Finland... I'm not an expert on Hirvonens past, so I guess it would be possible that he had hippie parents that decided to give a eccentric name to their son, like Mirko, that he later in life changed to the more obvious Mikko.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Eh, I'm not sure if your serious or not...
    Rare are the moments that I am not serious

No it's mikko lol, and are you kidding? Atkinson will blow him off the road, he is inconsistent and doesn't make me feel excited watching him drive. But if you take a look at japan, chris was amazingly fast and even faster in auzzie land. I think he will be very boss next year.
    Taking in donations for a Lancia Delta Integrale, please be considerate of a fellow forum member....:)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ewok
    No it's mikko lol, and are you kidding? Atkinson will blow him off the road, he is inconsistent and doesn't make me feel excited watching him drive. But if you take a look at japan, chris was amazingly fast and even faster in auzzie land. I think he will be very boss next year.
    Actually Atkinson was alot faster in Australia, in Australia he took 9 stage wins and was leading the rally until SS6 where he bent a steering arm without doing anything wrong. He could of easily won Rally Australia if it wasn't for a steering arm problem.

The general consesus is Atko will be faster and more impressive, but mikko will be more reliable thanks to his considerable experience advantage. I generally agree with this. Atkinson can be incredibly quick when he is 100% comfortable with the car and he understands the roads. Realistically, except for Japan, New Zealand and Australia Chris would have been very uncomfortable with the roads he was driving on this year simply because he had never seen them before! With a year of experience under his belt he will be a much more consistant finnisher and much more consistantly quick in my opinion. However i still think he will make the odd mistake, his young and still relitively inexperienced and thats what young inexperienced drivers do!

Miko on the other hand will be consistantly fast and a reliable finnisher, however i honestly believe he will lack the out-right pace of a solburg, loeb or gronholm, and will never have the pace of those leading drivers, however i believe Chris has the potential to match there speed in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by lukehow
    Actually Atkinson was alot faster in Australia, in Australia he took 9 stage wins and was leading the rally until SS6 where he bent a steering arm without doing anything wrong. He could of easily won Rally Australia if it wasn't for a steering arm problem.
    Re-read my post, I'm pro atkinson entirely, and definetly do not like mikko at all. Atkinson is going to be great to watch this coming season.
    Taking in donations for a Lancia Delta Integrale, please be considerate of a fellow forum member....:)

Thread Information