Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Pontiac GTO

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!

2008 Pontiac GTO

i just saw this on another forum, but there wasn't a pic. google'd it and found this pic, with story. http://www.dragsource.com/index.php?...ticletoview=62 . its really ugly now, imho.
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

Eurrgh. Looks way too short. They need to stretch it out a little.

Poor chop, descent though.

I dont think GM would take such a hugh risk. They only sold aprox. 2800 2004GTO and there in finacial troubles i don think it will happen.

i have to agree with rev. The new one did so poorly and the company as a whole is doing so poorly, why woudl they do that to themselves
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

That thing is groudy.

It's a shame the current GTO hasn't sold well. Does anyone know if GM is gonna discontinue it's production? They should have built the RAM AIR 6.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Strange hodgepodge of angles, nasty. Couldn't leave good enough alone, sad.
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 12-20-2005 at 06:13 PM.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Gto

Remember guys that the Current Pontiac GTO is built and manufactured in Australia. GM is going bust in the US, but Holden is in AUS is still doing well...so there is not much risk involved with the continued sales of the GTO.
    Nissan Pulsar N15 S2 SSS
    Nice basic Mods
    Mad Sound system

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    It's a shame the current GTO hasn't sold well. Does anyone know if GM is gonna discontinue it's production? They should have built the RAM AIR 6.
    The current Monaro (GTO) will not be continued in Australia when Holden launches the VZ however they are apparently continuing with export versions and HSV versions.

Holden has hinted there will be another Monaro in the future but has not confirmed the on-sale date of the next-generation model, which will use the underpinnings of the all-new Commodore due in August. Drive understands the next Monaro could be on sale by 2008 and that it will be built locally.

Earlier this year there was speculation that production of the Monaro would move to the United States, where the bulk of the cars are sold (Pontiac will sell more than 10,000 GTOs in the US this year compared with about 2000 Monaros in Australia).

In the US however, GM has undergone a massive restructure and plans to build the Monaro there were put on hold. Instead, GM will focus on a new range of four-wheel-drives and pick-ups.

Local buyers who miss out on a Monaro will be able to buy a coupe through the performance division, Holden Special Vehicles, whose GTO shares the Pontiac's

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/ar...f=2&bg=24&pp=1
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Ive heard that it goes out of production this yea. But I could be wrong. With the Ls2 in the car now its more desirable but with the Mustang outselling it bad its not a big hit right now. I think they should put the LS1, LS2 and the LS7 in limited production Solstices that would be a pretty cool car to replace the GTO for those chevy speed lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Ive heard that it goes out of production this yea. But I could be wrong. With the Ls2 in the car now its more desirable but with the Mustang outselling it bad its not a big hit right now. I think they should put the LS1, LS2 and the LS7 in limited production Solstices that would be a pretty cool car to replace the GTO for those chevy speed lovers.
    You like that better than the GTO?!
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    I dont think GM would take such a hugh risk. They only sold aprox. 2800 2004GTO and there in finacial troubles i don think it will happen.
    Oops your 2800 figure is from fantasyland

Merely through July '04, 2004 GTO sales amounted to 4663. To the end of model-year 2004 it seems the '04 GTO sold exactly 9487 units

GTO production figures 1971-2005
    1971 10,532
    1972 5,811
    1973 4,806
    1974 7,058
    2004 15,728
    2005 11,069

The current-gen Monaro has been a great success for Holden. Being a niche model, Holden's original business plan for the 2door was for a total production run of "under 10,000" units to model-end. But well over 30,000 Monaros (also badged as Pontiac GTO, Chevrolet Lumina Coupe & HSV GTO/GTS) have been built and sold since model-intro in December 2001

For Aussies a decent overview of current-gen Monaro
    http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/porta...opDefault.aspx

Apparently LS1/2 will not fit Solstice 'architecture'

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Eurrgh. Looks way too short. They need to stretch it out a little.
    Exactly. Way too short-looking.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

other muscles look way better
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Thread Information