Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XBox 360 vs. PS3 ... now with specs (non-poll)

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!

XBox 360 vs. PS3 ... now with specs (non-poll)

specs for PS3, go here, http://hardware.gamespot.com/Sony-Pl...-3-15015-S-4-4

specs for xbox 360, go here, http://hardware.gamespot.com/Microso...60-15016-S-4-4

i couldn't copy and paste onto here, its was getting too clustered when i previewed it .
    please don't flame me for bringing up an old thread, where as this one i've done for people to see the specs.
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

i want a PS3 REALLY badly! but i bought a PSP coz my mum always takes my PS2 away from me... i only want it for GT5! which has been previewed, and looks amazing! does anyone know if/when GT5 is coming out on PSP? because i know that its out on PS3 in 07, but GT4 is out for PSP in March

thanks, theres hardly anything to tell them apart. But due to the games lined up for the ps3 next year compared to the 360's, I'll be sure to go for sony. Just something about it theres more hype somehow, because we have to wait longer.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    How can this ever be stopped...............................
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Sony have more than corrected the old problem with controllers, the current Playstations always needed that really expensive multitap, so PS wasnt the choice for multi-gamers... but now... 7!!! And the Xbox is still 'stuck' on 4.... I really like the idea of them being wireless, i know you can get them for the current consoles but I was always a bit behind!!

Really looking forward to the PS3, roll on '07 for GT5!!
    Porsche!

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    Sony have more than corrected the old problem with controllers, the current Playstations always needed that really expensive multitap, so PS wasnt the choice for multi-gamers... but now... 7!!! And the Xbox is still 'stuck' on 4.... I really like the idea of them being wireless, i know you can get them for the current consoles but I was always a bit behind!!

Really looking forward to the PS3, roll on '07 for GT5!!
    Agree, not only are they wireless, they're using Bluetooth, which I assume I can use my K750i as a remote control just like on this PC.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

even with a 60 inch widescreen plasma, 7 people on one screen would SUCK! So I really dont see the point of having more than 4.

On another note PS3 will have slightly better graphics, but with 52BG capacity on blue ray disc they will be way more able to put in more game content as well as some streching room so they dont have to sqeeze in great graphics.

For example Gears of War for 360 is going to be on 4 DVD's according to ign.

and....repost
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    ...For example Gears of War for 360 is going to be on 4 DVD's according to ign.....
    Oh dear, thats it a huge kick in the nuts for Xbox users... I remember I got a bit miffed when gt2 i think came on 2 cds, one arcade one gt mode. But having 4 is a lot more intrusive...

About the bluetooth controllers, I really like the idea of going round to someones house with my controller, walking in and automatically being connected to gameplay.

Also, whats with the 6 USB slots on the PS3!?!? Are there that many things you could put on at once??
    Porsche!

6 DFP? lol

If PS3 will still support DFP then I might just take the plunge when GT5 comes out...I used to have the urge of buying PS2 for GT4 but I got over that as I don't think its wise....I'll stick my DFP on PC for now...
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 12-22-2005 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac
    6 DFP? lol

If PS3 will still support DFP then I might just take the plunge when GT5 comes out...I used to have the urge of buying PS2 for GT4 but I got over that as I don't think its wise....I'll stick my DFP on PC for now...
    if ps2 prices drop, you still might want to consider it though, the DFP shows its true potential with GT4!
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

PS2 now is dirt cheap....Lowest I've seen is 130 CAD(~90 USD?) for the new, slim unit. But to buy that now is like buying Super NES when Playstation is around the corner...and I am not that big on console games in general...

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    Oh dear, thats it a huge kick in the nuts for Xbox users... I remember I got a bit miffed when gt2 i think came on 2 cds, one arcade one gt mode. But having 4 is a lot more intrusive...

About the bluetooth controllers, I really like the idea of going round to someones house with my controller, walking in and automatically being connected to gameplay.

Also, whats with the 6 USB slots on the PS3!?!? Are there that many things you could put on at once??
    the other problem with this difference in disc space is for games like GTA or NFS, where it has open ended worlds...those arent gonna work with multiple disc's, so sony can have it on one disc with superb graphics while 360 has it on 2-4 with semi-good graphics

I'm not saying 360 is bad, Microsoft is supoosedly scrmbling to find a way to cram more info onto a dvd, and I even have a 360, and i love it! But we will see when PS3 comes out.

the other problem with this difference in disc space is for games like GTA or NFS, where it has open ended worlds...those arent gonna work with multiple disc's, so sony can have it on one disc with superb graphics while 360 has it on 2-4 with semi-good graphics

I'm not saying 360 is bad, Microsoft is supoosedly scrmbling to find a way to cram more info onto a dvd, and I even have a 360, and i love it! But we will see when PS3 comes out.
    Agreed, but Sony always hypes all of their products, and will fall much shorter than the specs they claim now. It'll be 5% better than the 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Agreed, but Sony always hypes all of their products, and will fall much shorter than the specs they claim now. It'll be 5% better than the 360.
    I think too much is at stake for this next generation of console's to not deliver what they say they will. So i beleive that the specs you see now are for real.

I think too much is at stake for this next generation of console's to not deliver what they say they will. So i beleive that the specs you see now are for real.
    Sony doesn't care. What they're doing now is probably their goal, for internet nerds like us to scan the specs and go, 0mG, t3h pS3 is 1337 h4x0r > x-b0x36o. L00k at deh spekz! I'm sure most of the specs will match, but running a 120 fps rate over 60 fps probably would make little to no difference.

It's like in cars, most average car buyers will think.. this car has 250 hp/240 tq, and the other has 190hp/190tq, so they'll buy the first. What they never took in mind was that the second car is half as heavy as the first, cheaper, and has better overall performance.

With stuff like this, it just comes down to the numbers, while performance can't 'necessarily' be graphed on a spec sheet.

Thread Information