Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10 Million dollar Typhoon?

It's been defrauded. Bidding is back at $500.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

$500 and 3 days to go. Want to guess what it sells for? I'm guessing it'll pass the buy-now price and sell for $12,250.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

This is amazing. I'm putting my sock up on ebay. It's dirty, and smelly, but it's one of two made. I'm thinking maybe... 3 mil....
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    wait you got rid of the bmw? i thought you had it AND the saturn then the saturn blew up?
    Yeah, the BMW needed a better home than I could give it right now. With the Saturn gone, I was putting about 1k miles on it a week, it's getting to be wintery and I don't have a garage. So, Dill is off to a nice home where he's going to be restored from the ground up. And the new owner said he will never sell it - unless I want to buy it back from and I can buy it back anytime I want.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

haha you named it dill? cool

you should buy it back in the spring, and get a small garage, that was a sweet car

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    haha you named it dill? cool

you should buy it back in the spring, and get a small garage, that was a sweet car
    For a few years, until I'm done with school, I need something that's more reliable and practical. But, someday I'll have him back - and if not him, another CS.

Typhoons are not that sweet. They weigh damn near 4K ibs. and have the aerodynamics of, literally, a brick. They also make 280 Horsepower. Acceleration times are respecatable, but it won't kill ferrari's*, ever, seeing as it can barely hit 200 KPH and, being an SUV, can't corner worth a shit. In fact, it'll probably roll if you try to drive fast with it

Not saying it's totally worthless, some people like the idea that it can keep up with many high-end sports cars in the lower range, at least in a straight line. Obviously somebody was just BSing. With it's rarity in mind, that thing is probably worth around 12-15K.

*Drag racing? screw that.

radoman your an idiot. first of all i dont think it was anybodies intent to ever make the typhoon compete with ferraris. second they dont handle nearly as bad as you think as they have all sorts of handling upgrades over standard blazers. third it was made in the early 90's. look at any car from back then none of them were too aerodynamic and certainly not an SUV and nobody back then had to balls to build a 4.6 liter v6 turbo with AWD. thats sweet as hell not to mention they look bad ass in an old school sort of way. 280 horsepower? thats not too bad either. hell my mustang only makes 260 from the factory. plus there is plenty of room for improvement. typhoons are slick as hell and i would love to own one. their biggest downfall (and it is a big one) is they are one of the least reliable vehicles made. you really have to baby em to keep em runnin good. but man they are awesome....
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Somewhere I have an old C&D which compared the accelerative performance of Typhoon against an expensive new Ferrari, probably the 328 IIRC. The trucklet wiped the Fazz - not a bad achievement for a cheapish vehicle, and an SUV at that

In their era a great little factory Q-Ship; GMC deserve credit for bringing such an unlikely beast to market. Typhoon & Syclone were engineered by a McLaren offshoot, were affordable and lots more practical than any supercar for 90% of real-world USA motoring

Juggs would a Typhoon prove as reliable as a Ferrari?
    Last edited by nota; 12-24-2005 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Somewhere I have an old C&D which compared the accelerative performance of Typhoon against an expensive new Ferrari, probably the 328 IIRC. The trucklet wiped the Fazz - not a bad achievement for a cheapish vehicle, and an SUV at that

In their era a great little factory Q-Ship; GMC deserve credit for bringing such an unlikely beast to market. Typhoon & Syclone were engineered by a McLaren offshoot, were affordable and lots more practical than any supercar for 90% of real-world USA motoring

It was a 348.

Quote Originally Posted by nota

it depends on the model of ferrari your talking about but i dont even know. im not a ferrari expert by any means. id prob say most ferraris are prob more reliable than a typhoon tho haha. thanks for saying what i was trying to say.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Thread Information