Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Worst type of driver

Quote Originally Posted by KM2
    Very many German drivers for not using the rear view mirror on highways.

People changing into the overtaking lane when there is a vehicle in front that they will reach in 5 minutes at the current speed differential and need another 3 minutes to pass...
    and you also must have epxerienced how often Germans just stay in the middle lane, without any other vehicle being in front of them.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Drivers who think theyre in an exclusive minority because of their car, drivers who position their car continually in your blind spot, drivers who speed up to go past you when you put your blinker on, most taxi drivers as well. My experience with truck drivers so far has been pretty good so far though.
    I am the Stig

Very many German drivers for not using the rear view mirror on highways. There is no general speed limit in Germany and for long journeys it really makes a difference at what speed you drive. Some of those idiots just put on an indicator and get out, no matter that you might be 60 or 70 mph faster than them and just behind. Making most driving in Germany very stressful. If you slow down, on the other hand, everybody gets very agressive. Behind a truck is probably the most relaxing place to be apart from two reasons, you don't see a thing and you're getting nowhere.

Germans for another reason. There is a car in front of you in the left lane. It's overtaking traffic at a less than light speed pace and you need to wait for him to pass in order to pass as well (both the vehicle you are both overtaking and the car in front). Then invariably some idiot shows up behind you flashing their lights, turning the indicators on and driving an inch from your bumper. The fact that you want to drive faster and do so (on most occasions faster than the bully behind) and are going to do so once circumstances permit, is irrelevant.

Old drivers with no reflexes and situational awareness. I guess my neighbour would be the worst driver at all. He passed his test at 18, is now 85 and hasn't driven once since passing, yet still extends his licence regularly

BMW drivers generally are overly agressive, not nearly as much in command of their vehicles as they think they are. It tends to decrease with the size of the BMW, though

Drivers of the new breed of road biased SUVs. The Cayenne and X5 might sell but the buyers seem to be people with little driving skills, a vulnerable ego and no driving culture.

People changing into the overtaking lane when there is a vehicle in front that they will reach in 5 minutes at the current speed differential and need another 3 minutes to pass...
    if you find this german driving stressful, i suggest you driving through Holland.It is THE most demanding country in europe to drive through. With idiots,as you describe all over the place.

At least in Holland you all drive at a similar speed
    And being in the middle lane with no reason I find acceptable, as long as there is a third lane to overtake. When there isn't is when it really gets upsetting.

At least in Holland you all drive at a similar speed
    And being in the middle lane with no reason I find acceptable, as long as there is a third lane to overtake. When there isn't is when it really gets upsetting.
    being in the middle lane is not acceptable, when the law is to keep to the right and overtaking on the right side is not allowed. Many times you have make a sort of slalom around a car glued to the middle lane.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Very many German drivers for not using the rear view mirror on highways. There is no general speed limit in Germany and for long journeys it really makes a difference at what speed you drive. Some of those idiots just put on an indicator and get out, no matter that you might be 60 or 70 mph faster than them and just behind. Making most driving in Germany very stressful. If you slow down, on the other hand, everybody gets very agressive. Behind a truck is probably the most relaxing place to be apart from two reasons, you don't see a thing and you're getting nowhere.

Germans for another reason. There is a car in front of you in the left lane. It's overtaking traffic at a less than light speed pace and you need to wait for him to pass in order to pass as well (both the vehicle you are both overtaking and the car in front). Then invariably some idiot shows up behind you flashing their lights, turning the indicators on and driving an inch from your bumper. The fact that you want to drive faster and do so (on most occasions faster than the bully behind) and are going to do so once circumstances permit, is irrelevant.

Old drivers with no reflexes and situational awareness. I guess my neighbour would be the worst driver at all. He passed his test at 18, is now 85 and hasn't driven once since passing, yet still extends his licence regularly

BMW drivers generally are overly agressive, not nearly as much in command of their vehicles as they think they are. It tends to decrease with the size of the BMW, though

Drivers of the new breed of road biased SUVs. The Cayenne and X5 might sell but the buyers seem to be people with little driving skills, a vulnerable ego and no driving culture.

Refreshing to read, seeing that others too hold such behavior in contempt...

Sadly only one country has the speed limitless Autobahn but most of your points are probably valid worldwide, especially where there are large freeways. Seems to me that sometimes people instead of facilitating freer flow of traffic, try and flex their "ego" muscles by getting in the way. At least taking a little longer than needed to get out of the way to establish that some how you haven't "dishonored" them by passing so quickly.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

On one of those police chase programs they showed a man "dangerously undertaking" a long row of cars all in the middle lane traveling at around 40mph. Of course the police stopped the man undertaking.

Drivers who don't use turn signals. My friend got in an accident today because of one and hes the one getting blamed. Just plain wrong. On a side note I got my permit today.
    My Photography robneill.deviantart.com

Also anyone using fog lights (front or rear) during conditions of normal visibility. I can hardly wait for the day that sensors will be installed in cars, automatically determining, when fog lights go on.

It seems to be a national sport in some places in Europe (and with some car brands, Audi and BMW leading) and is a major annoyance, especially the rear ones

Also anyone using fog lights (front or rear) during conditions of normal visibility. I can hardly wait for the day that sensors will be installed in cars, automatically determining, when fog lights go on.

It seems to be a national sport in some places in Europe (and with some car brands, Audi and BMW leading) and is a major annoyance, especially the rear ones
    Don't be silly. Having low beams on all time makes you more aware of the car, as you just proved.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Volvo drivers, do they ever turn their lights off?

Volvo's are supplied with "day running lights" ie on all the time.
    When they first did it in the UK, many Volvo owners became annoyed at being constantly flashed to be "reminded" they left their lights on.
    Most I know removed the fuse and solved the problem
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I hate DRL's. I killed mine. I'll decide when and which lights I have on. But GM's really annoy me. They use their high beams at about 60%. Really irritating when it's just dark enough for them to be distracting, but still bright enough out that people don't turn on their real headlights. Die GM, die.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

people who don't give you room when you indicate that you want to move over. I was driving in sydney a couple of days ago, it was two lanes each way and i was in the middle lane and wanted to move over so i could turn off, and the guy in ahead in the lane to my left was being an idiot and not maintaining any speed and the guy behind him was camping in my blind spot, i had my blinker on for a good 10-15 seconds and then started to move, and the guy behind honked a flashed his lights and sped up. Why got to the bother of doing that when you could just move over. Its alright though, he ended up parking in the same car park as me and gave to give me serve but then he realised that i was f*ing pissed off and had 4 mates with me and he apologised

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Volvo's are supplied with "day running lights" ie on all the time.
    When they first did it in the UK, many Volvo owners became annoyed at being constantly flashed to be "reminded" they left their lights on.
    Most I know removed the fuse and solved the problem
    What is the point of them, could they just not be arsed taking them out of the cars destined for Sweeden?

Thread Information