Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drifting vs. Any other type of Motorsport

Quote Originally Posted by PrevlingPushrod
    "Whats so great about rally? They are racing the clock. What are they trying to do? Defuess a bomb?
    Rallying is about beating the best time ANYONE can make on the stage.
    Hill climbing is closest to "racing" the clock to match teh time you posted earlier.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Reese Mullen (sp on the last name).

He's from New Zealand and was a rally driver before D1.
    Rhys Millen, he's the nephew of IMSA GTS great Steve Millen.

Looks like he has been playing too much underground, Whats up with that spoiler?
    "There is no doubt about when people began racing automobiles. It was the day they made the second one." - Richard Petty

All Throttle, No Bottle

rally is the king of motorsport...the drivers have to know every kind of surface...
    drifting ? i think you mean those D1 GP drifters ,, thats all for show... not really a competition..
    its more like figure skating vs. ice hockey

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    Everyone one who enjoys cars and driving, loves to see a drift and loves to drift. Anyway, I value a lot more a guy driving a rally car on the limit, and therefore drifting because he has to, than a guy inside a circuit, driving with almost no space limits, with a good surface, knowing the corners he will encounter and driving a car that is made to go sideways and not to be fast or efficient. Of course the drifting drivers need to have lots of skills, but you get sick of watching such exagerated and long drifts.

When the cars are prepared to drift (stupidly stiff suspension, ungrippy tires, etc..) is like you cheating. It's not that fantastic what they do. I like to see when a drift is something the driver is fighting against and controlling, rather then making it long.
    I know the drifters i've seen definitely do not use ungrippy tyres for the drifting, it makes it much too easy, they like a challenge. Drifting originated in the mountain roads of Japan, where it was a huge rock face, a narrow road, then a fence (or sometimes not even a fence) by a huge steep drop, so it required incredible skill, precise timing, and a whole lotta balls to drift there. Its certainly been toned down a little in America and what not. They are prepared to drift, but not as if it to make it easy as shit to drift.The cars are often made quite fast and alot of them could certainly hold their own racing around the circuits. I've been to my fair share of Drift Meets down at the track, have walked through the pits, examined cars, and watched keenly, and its obvious they don't make it easy for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidStradale
    Looks like he has been playing too much underground, Whats up with that spoiler?
    Thats definitely functional, that GTO is hella powerful.

1 Don't judge me based on my avitar, I just thought it was funny.
    2 F*** You! You live in the middle of Redneck, USA.

Every time someone makes a post like that, my moderator side makes me hitch. I advice you to watch the way you talk to fellow members of UCP.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

just ban the bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    just ban the bastard
    Who wants to join him?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

his brother ?

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    but seriously, its just so boring to watch, if it takes skill, which i know it does, it doesnt look like it, it just looks like they are going around in ovals

Have you ever seen the in-car cam? They have a very limited veiw. And they don't even have a spdomiter. Sure Indy or rally may not but it is loud in that type of car, You can't listen to the engine noise, unlike the indy cars that are open and the engine is right behind them. But hay, it is only a joke.
    Fords suck, Chevys rule, but its Ferrari that makes me drool

Have you ever seen the in-car cam? They have a very limited veiw. And they don't even have a spdomiter. Sure Indy or rally may not but it is loud in that type of car, You can't listen to the engine noise, unlike the indy cars that are open and the engine is right behind them. But hay, it is only a joke.
    They have no less view than a rally driver does. The last part of your post doesn't make any sense to me but...It is just as loud in a rally car as in a nascar car, especially with the turbo and wastegate noise and all the back firing.

I hate drifting

yeah, drifting came from rallying but they just took out alot of the rallying stuff. so i dont see how you can say its harder or takes more skill as rally drivers do the same things, but combined w/ alot of other things as well.
    You can call me scott.

Guest Guest
    quite a few single seaters dont have a speedo, secondly, you only need to chane up when you start, after that you just cruise

Thread Information