Thread: SpeedTV - Petition for more diversity/better progs.

SpeedTV - Petition for more diversity/better progs.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...5&postcount=81

Found in link above...
    http://www.petitiononline.com/SpdTV/petition.html

Even if you're not getting SpeedTV, help out fellow enthusiasts.

EDIT: Thanks for y0ur cooperation
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 01-23-2006 at 04:58 PM.

Save your clicks. Speed TV will continue to follow the money -- they don't need the support of sporty-car people, they need the support of NASCAR people.

And I'd remind you that if they didn't have redneck racing coverage most of the time, we wouldn't get any F1 coverage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77
    Save your clicks. Speed TV will continue to follow the money -- they don't need the support of sporty-car people, they need the support of NASCAR people.

And I'd remind you that if they didn't have redneck racing coverage most of the time, we wouldn't get any F1 coverage at all.
    the cynical truth
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

what a dream it would be though not to have to sit through all the Nascar stuff and like this past weekend non stop Barret Jackson auction stuff we could see all the great racing they only show once in a while.. i.e. DTM, Australian V8 supercars, WRC and the best of all more coverage and better coverage of F1

Why does everyone think NASCAR is a redneck sport? Its far from that.
    "There is no doubt about when people began racing automobiles. It was the day they made the second one." - Richard Petty

All Throttle, No Bottle

back your statement up say more

I'm getting Eurosport but I'll sign it anyway I want better coverage of ALMS especially Sebring and Petit Le Mans

I previewed speed 2 years ago and all they talked about most of the time was nascar, the people who race it, their affairs, and what they ate for breakfast. The only interesting shows were the Toyota atlantic races,WRC,and the making of the movie Le Mans.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    what a dream it would be though not to have to sit through all the Nascar stuff and like this past weekend non stop Barret Jackson auction stuff we could see all the great racing they only show once in a while.. i.e. DTM, Australian V8 supercars, WRC and the best of all more coverage and better coverage of F1
    turn the channel when that comes on, all your doing is supporting it w/ your viewership which attracts more ad dollars which makes them want more nascar shows, if you dont like it or want less of it, dont sit through it.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    turn the channel when that comes on, all your doing is supporting it w/ your viewership which attracts more ad dollars which makes them want more nascar shows, if you dont like it or want less of it, dont sit through it.
    I don't know how it is in other countries, but in Finland it doesn't actually matter since all viewer ratings aren't actually measured from the public but from a smaller group concisting of 1000 people chosen to represent the nation but on a smaller scale though percentually accurate(family size, region, education, income rate, race etc etc). These people have information-sending-device-thingy's(im so technical today) on which they select how many people in their houshold were watching what and send the information forward. These people's identities also remain hidden and they have to sign confidentiality agreements to join the group. So it doesn't actually matter what I watch, since I'm not in the group.

This whole thing is something surprisingly few know about.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by SolidStradale
    Why does everyone think NASCAR is a redneck sport? Its far from that.
    Because in all reality it is

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    I don't know how it is in other countries, but in Finland it doesn't actually matter since all viewer ratings aren't actually measured from the public but from a smaller group concisting of 1000 people chosen to represent the nation but on a smaller scale though percentually accurate(family size, region, education, income rate, race etc etc). These people have information-sending-device-thingy's(im so technical today) on which they select how many people in their houshold were watching what and send the information forward. These people's identities also remain hidden and they have to sign confidentiality agreements to join the group. So it doesn't actually matter what I watch, since I'm not in the group.

This whole thing is something surprisingly few know about.
    eh true, but still dont watch it. its harmful.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    eh true, but still dont watch it. its harmful.
    good, who knows, it might be contagious...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Thread Information