Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BF Series II

BF Series II

I'm assuming we will see a BF Series II before the Orion Falcon 'takes the wheel' in 2007. Does anyone have any concrete info on it? I guess you could just about work it out by logic - I think an exterior makeover is in order (no changes since 2002) plus a couple of little power hikes in the sporty models (particularly the XR8). The key would be timing (I'd release it just before the VE Commodore is released - to try and steal its thunder), and a sharp marketing campaign- something Ford aren't renowned for.
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

The Orion Falcon's actually being released in early 2008, when Holden delayed the VE 6 months, Ford did too.

Dont expect more than new wheel designs and perhaps a minor trim update. There "might" be a tweak to the bodykit but it'll essentially be carryover from BF, think BA mk2 here.

Power upgrades depend on what is expected for VE. Obviously the SS will be 260kw or a bit more, evident by the early release of the new engine. Im not expecting anything severe though.

The smart money would be on a late 06 release to align itself with VE, but that would put the BF2 model like longer than the BF.
    I am the Stig

i think any changes would most likely be minor tweaks and some power upgrades, though i think Ford might maybe change the design a tad to move toward whatever the Orion will look like, but that prolly won't happen, but definately some level of design tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    though i think Ford might maybe change the design a tad to move toward whatever the Orion will look like, but that prolly won't happen, but definately some level of design tweaks
    Theyve done it in the past, like the EL gaining the oval grille to fit in with Fords global design (think Taurus) so i guess it depends on how long they take to release everything. Holden seem set on doing the reverse, make the VE initially look like the VZ as they'll integrate the ute and wagon over a period of time. Ford's likely to release the ute at the same time as its a major seller of theirs (consider that the last 3 years its stayed at 20K units py, whilst the Falcon has dropped that amount) which is also what Holden will be doing with the Statesman/Caprice. By that logic it hinges on their LWB and wagon sales, which arent that big a deal, although Ford would certainly have a plan to reinvigorate both markets. Who knows, we might see Ford release the entire range at the same time. Would that be a first for either maker?
    I am the Stig

They got to be careful in what they do, I believe ford is planing to make the car better under skin not skin. They won't it to feel every bit as good as anything on the road feel like a 2008 model car kind of thing. But the down side could be in looks they might start to look outdated next to cars like the 380 VE New Toyota's etc. But then again some might like there looks rather then the new cars.
    But then again if they dont start to shift towards there 08 Falcon they wont be able to soften the blow, EL to AU. Holden has been shifting towards the VE for years it will fit in pretty easy,
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

That would be a bad thing if the public doesnt like Orion. If its well recieved then it wouldnt be an issue, but they wont know any of that without first making the decision then going for it
    I am the Stig

It might have some of the 380 VE Fusion yeah?.
    I don't mind all them looks, The vectra i liked it, The 380 took some time then i seen one and liked it to, So far the VE looks good.
    I went onto FoMoCo's website to look at the Fusion it's nice but could be meaner, That 500 car? I don't think i like that one.
    I seen a 300c in the city the other night that i still dont really like,
    But how is this, When it came out of a underground carpark it's lights came on, This is 9.30pm fully dark, Anyway it went infront of us drove around the corner and it's lights flicked off in the middle of the street, 2sec later came back on fast. There seemed to be a fault there somewhere it would have auto lights you would think.

I cant honestly say what direction Ford are taking style wise. Obviously, the raised bonnet look of the Vectra and Fusion is popular now, but thats only the current incarnation of the design. Ford will be surely hoping to develop it unique to the Falcon
    I am the Stig

Take some of the 500 and Fusion stuff in some BF FPV

Well it seems to be the case that Orion will be alot sportier than AU/BA, but theyve got obvious restrictions to how far they can afford to go. If they go too sporty they compromise their luxury models, and they still need a basic model regardless.
    I am the Stig

As for BFII, Id say ford will give it some minor changes, and as you all know, ford look to their customer feedback for their model changes...so aslong as the BA design works they wont venture too far away from it...

And as for Orion...we can be sure that itll somehow incorporate fords global look..the 3 bars...spaced out for larger intake because our climate is gay . I remember a ford rep saying it would take the fusion design "A step further"...but thats only design...what really counts is under the skin and ford is VERY good at that
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

I think that could be a little bit of a mistake to listen to owners of BA's, They have already bought there cars but what about the future buyers the ones that might need something extra to buy a Falcon?.
    I look at it like this real car buyers not fleets and stuff will buy new cars every 5 years or so. Not many who own BA's will buy the new models as they come out most people maybe on average stick with the same car for maybe 5-10 years. Most because they have finance to pay off, And the rest buy Second hand off fleet.
    I think you need to go outside to the person that is thinking of getting a BF but something holds them back what is it that holds them back. Why ask a BA owner what they want in a new Ford when they bought what they want.

They will probably do what they always do which is make more options standand on most of the models and maybe change the grill or spoiler. At this point after all the changes they made to the BF, there is little they can do to the mark II.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

They could do a VT to VX not a massive change but a real difference you can see.

That wasnt just a Ford rep saying that ADRENALINE, that was J. Mays, the global design boss

For the customer feedback theyd target current owners, Focus owners, Commodore owners and anyone else they feel is likely to upgrade to a new car, larger car or who decided against buying one, and just generally ask what they liked and didnt like, and what they'd change. For that reason, BA owners are the best target
    I am the Stig

Thread Information