Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BF Series II

It's wrong cause most BA owners are disgruntled AU owners Anything looks good to them.
    Like ones that bought VT's cause they didn't like the AU's looks went back when the BA came out.
    It might sound shallow but the world really goes on exterior rather then whats inside. Like shallow hal
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Pfft, thats BS. Any AU owners that went on to buy a BA wouldve liked the car for what it was. If they were that disgruntled they wouldve gone straight for a VX and not wait.

Your right the world does go on exterior. Thats why the Commodores the biggest seller in the country
    I am the Stig

A lot of people were not that happy with the VX, Some said it was plan.
    Take my brother he had his EF he wouldn't buy a AU for anything, He drove them and was happy to but wouldn't own one, Then he got his BA and he is a little shitty with it's performance, It went to Ford for a serves and to fix the engine light that was coming on and it came back not like it was, You know how i said it was pulling over 150kp/h in 2nd gear, It doesn't anymore and he's pist right off with it he thinks someone took something out of it.

I'm glad you think the Commodore is a good looking car to

Well the BA across the board was faster than the AU, but the weight killed the seat of the pants feeling and its initial response, which is pretty hard to fix without a decent shot of torque.

How fast IS it doing in 2nd now btw? At the time i was surprised cuz i thought 2nd in the BTR auto only done about 130km/h..

Dont worry, i said exterior
    I am the Stig

Before it was well over 150kp/h, But now it hits 150kp/h and it's cut off, And he is pissed of hard about it.
    He is going to get that piggy back thing from Cappa cause he says it's way to slow off the mark, He got done to 100 by a VP. But worst was to come he got done by a celica he told me it was only slighty in front of him even into 2nd gear but as they got going he said he would have killed it, But it's not that he wants it's off the mark power he Misses.

Is he running the stock 3.23 diff? Swapping to a 3.45 or 3.7 will help the low down as well.

Nizpro and Herrod also have the flash tuner if hes interested
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    That wasnt just a Ford rep saying that ADRENALINE, that was J. Mays, the global design boss
    If the global design boss said it i think its pretty likely

Where did the talk of the orion / iosis originate?? Unless a major figure said it i dont think its really that likely...the iosis is too radical and i dont see how they could incorporate aspects of it into a falcon...if they did it would be awsome
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

I think with us being in such a unique position globally and management wise, J.Mays is involved more in an advisement role than at the top of the authority ladder. Obviously after AU, you'd hope Detroit would realise the need to be uniquely Australian above fitting into a global image when we're the only ones getting a constant supply of the cars.

I think Iosis just brought more talk about the global face, and with the timeframe between Fusion and Iosis, some people probably suspected they could be looking at the next step in the design that the Falcon will be getting. Iosis truly was unique to anything else Ford has though, and will probably remain that way unless they decide to make the RX-8's chassis available to other Ford brands.
    I am the Stig

I reckon ford should make their own version of the RX-8...just make it more affordable...
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The only place i could really see them changing that is by swapping the rotary with a V6, and that would be dependant on how much the engine costs. If you de-specced alot of the rest of the package it wouldnt really be competitive in the market. Maybe simply being able to produce more of them will make it more affordable...
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Is he running the stock 3.23 diff? Swapping to a 3.45 or 3.7 will help the low down as well.

Nizpro and Herrod also have the flash tuner if hes interested
    I don't know really? I'll ask him to look into it. He thinks cause it's ex cop it's got tall gears, But he's wife was just over now borrowing some movies and she misses the old cars grunt to, But as they both said it's the middle car to get what they want and that's a Territory, He was impressed with the Terra like me and he wants one. Maybe a Base with AWD?

Cops have to use the auto's, and with the stock 200km/h speed limiter the BA's achieve that in 3rd....If they went taller, they'd be using the gears outta the one tonner....The new 6T's use the 3.73 though so that will probably increase reponse easiest and cheapest. I dont know if he'll want to go to a 4.1, you cant get a 3.9 for new Fords...

If hes going to use it for towing, maybe minor camping things etc he'll appreciate the AWD and the new 6 speed thats standard on it. The RWD drives better onroad however and atm is stuck with the 4 speed, so negs an pos's for both choices.
    I am the Stig

He told me he done 210 in it from Queensland.

What model was his? 200 i think is just the XT and the Ghia gets 210.
    I am the Stig

2003 Fairmont.

Thread Information