Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: muslim rave

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    I find it disturbing Muslims are being shunted into the light about their acts almost everywhere but others are allowed to do as they wish freely. Obviously the person who added the Music to that video thought it was funny but many others do not.
    Let's keep things in proper context.

The church does NOT support anyone crucifying themselves nad it has NEVER been a part of Faith.

The closest you will get is the extreme sect of Christianity ( as now made "famous" in the DaVinci Code ) who belive that pain is important in worship.

BUT those are a minority and the MAJORITY of the Faith decry them and point out their errors.

You seem to be trying to "justify" rather than question or suggest improvements or other solutiosn.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Let's keep things in proper context.
    OK

The church does NOT support anyone crucifying themselves nad it has NEVER been a part of Faith.
    Neither does the "Mosque", in that sense of speaking. Most of the Shia high leaders condemn and does the sect in general.

The closest you will get is the extreme sect of Christianity ( as now made "famous" in the DaVinci Code ) who belive that pain is important in worship.
    I never read the book.

BUT those are a minority and the MAJORITY of the Faith decry them and point out their errors.
    Definetly

You seem to be trying to "justify" rather than question or suggest improvements or other solutiosn.
    I was. I am not questioning nor suggesting improvements or solutions because I prefer to keep away and/or am not bothered. I was just trying to point out that this time of the year newspapers or such the world over point to this perticular sect or action while other similar things are happening elseware and we hardly hear about it. It doesn't hurt anyone so leave them to it. My apologies for any misunderstandings, I have nothing towards Christians.

A small minority of muslim people do not speak for the majority of muslims and islam... therefore i dont see the point in people insulting islam... go ahead insult those brainwashed idiots who believe in killing innocent people as being holy... but dont keep insulting islam because its a religion of peace... some of the comments in this thread have been terrible and these comments just degrade islam as a whole... i go to a all-white christian school and have to attend chapel but i still have the utmost respect for chrisitianity even though i dont follow it... why cant people respect islam instead of insulting it because of a small miniorities actions...
    I call a end to this discussion...
    Thanks...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    That is a good question but does not pertain to most of the Muslim religion, just the Shi'a/Shi'te sect.

The first month in the Islamic Calender (the calender is followed by the movements of the moon, usually an Islamic year will be 11 days behind the Gregorian calender) is marked with the brutal murduring of the Grandson of the Prophet and his family in what is known as present-day Kerbala (Iraq). The event itself is very sad and a lot of times emotions are let loose. It is no different to Christians crucifying themselves on Good Friday.

http://travelnotes.org/travel-write/...sia/holy_week/
    http://www.cathtelecom.com/news/203/134.php

or Aborigines at the time of a death of a relative

http://www.crystalinks.com/aboriginals2.html

If anybody wants to look it up they can google in the words "Kerbala", "Husain". I find it disturbing Muslims are being shunted into the light about their acts almost everywhere but others are allowed to do as they wish freely. Obviously the person who added the Music to that video thought it was funny but many others do not.
    OK, that makes more sense now. I wasn't thinking in context of the month of Muharram, when Shi'ites mourn the tragedy in Kerbela.

I guessed it was a Poetry recital...with over exuberant appreciation. Those can get rowdy, if you've ever been to one.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Thread Information