Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Found a new Future Holden Colour.

Very dodgy. Holden's new colours seem to be keeping up with the Jones's and not trying to suit the car.

i have seen better but i have definetly seen alot worst

One other pic i seen of it made it look like that rainbow colour car.
    They needed a womens color also to be honest. But many men bought Holdens and fords Prple colors.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    I really like it. And Fords colors...are all flat and boring..they probably have special names, but to me its just "red" "orange" "lime" "sky blue".
    -.-
    at least they have variety. and lots of it to choose from rather then

-white
    -red
    -blue
    -black

on SV6, 8 and SS models.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    at least they have variety. and lots of it to choose from rather then

-white
    -red
    -blue
    -black

on SV6, 8 and SS models.
    Devil Yellow now on the utes

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    But many men bought Holdens and fords Prple colors.
    I admit to owning a purple Falcon XA panelvan, the old Wild Violet metallic. Back in the day my girlfriend used to call it the purple passion pit ..

That XA was only 4 years old when I bought it, a factory 351 4speed. fpv_gtho might recognise how rare that spec was on XA vans (not a catalogued model) but to my shame I totalled it in a big way back in '79

Btw it had 8" Dragmags and the longest (unbraked) wheelie I ever did was in that car - the tyre mark left on the roadway was an unbroken line 156 metres long (I paced it out later) going up some hill in Coogee

there's heaps of purple VY2 SSs and Clubbies around

looks photochopped
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

Waaaaaay too many natural reflections to be a photochop.

Plus, it's been seen in the flesh.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Waaaaaay too many natural reflections to be a photochop.
    I was just thinking it was a simple hue/saturation job. It would keep the reflections of the original pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Plus, it's been seen in the flesh.
    But that changes it
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    That XA was only 4 years old when I bought it, a factory 351 4speed. fpv_gtho might recognise how rare that spec was on XA vans (not a catalogued model) but to my shame I totalled it in a big way back in '79
    If it was a sedan or coupe i'd swear it got the RPO83 treatment....Dont know how far Ford extended that across the range though. Sure would be funny if theres Panel Vans and Wagons out their with Phase 4 mechanicals though...
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    If it was a sedan or coupe i'd swear it got the RPO83 treatment....Dont know how far Ford extended that across the range though. Sure would be funny if theres Panel Vans and Wagons out their with Phase 4 mechanicals though...
    AFAIK only sedans and tudors got the RPO83 treatment, but as you know in those days Ford was dumping all their unwanted Phase IV-spec gear (like 4 bolt Cleveland blocks etc) into virtually anything that came down the line, including Fairlanes & F100s

Ford brochures promoted P5 LTDs as having 'special' 351Cs (dubbed the 'LX') which always intrigued me. Maybe that had more to do with their unique 290hp rating, not the 300hp like in Falcon GTs

I have no idea if RPO83 gear was in my van (a non-GS '73 2V with cloth & console) so who knows? I won't pretend it did have any. But it was a minor curio in itself because it wasn't an RPO - as 351s were optionable on XY & XA utes but not available in vans until XB. Purchased from a Ford dealer I worked at (Lyon Bros, Melbourne) and was told only a handful (3 or 5 IIRC?) of XA 351 vans were built. I've never seen or heard of another example

Btw I briefly saw an indicated 6700rpm when the throttle stuck - no probs!

I always liked XAs and owned another two after the van, both Fairmont 351s including a very early 4speed GS in that grouse orange colour which was literally fully-optioned (roof, A/C, windows, duals, etc etc including that early & rare tartan cloth) a very tidy & original car 80,000 mile car I bought in mid '80s for .. $1000! I shudder to think what it'd pull today

I admit to owning a purple Falcon XA panelvan, the old Wild Violet metallic. Back in the day my girlfriend used to call it the purple passion pit ..

Btw it had 8" Dragmags and the longest (unbraked) wheelie I ever did was in that car - the tyre mark left on the roadway was an unbroken line 156 metres long (I paced it out later) going up some hill in Coogee
    You didn't get picked at did you, Now a days i think them type of colours are More excepted now then in the past.

AFAIK only sedans and tudors got the RPO83 treatment, but as you know in those days Ford was dumping all their unwanted Phase IV-spec gear (like 4 bolt Cleveland blocks etc) into virtually anything that came down the line, including Fairlanes & F100s

Ford brochures promoted P5 LTDs as having 'special' 351Cs (dubbed the 'LX') which always intrigued me. Maybe that had more to do with their unique 290hp rating, not the 300hp like in Falcon GTs

I have no idea if RPO83 gear was in my van (a non-GS '73 2V with cloth & console) so who knows? I won't pretend it did have any. But it was a minor curio in itself because it wasn't an RPO - as 351s were optionable on XY & XA utes but not available in vans until XB. Purchased from a Ford dealer I worked at (Lyon Bros, Melbourne) and was told only a handful (3 or 5 IIRC?) of XA 351 vans were built. I've never seen or heard of another example

Btw I briefly saw an indicated 6700rpm when the throttle stuck - no probs!

I always liked XAs and owned another two after the van, both Fairmont 351s including a very early 4speed GS in that grouse orange colour which was literally fully-optioned (roof, A/C, windows, duals, etc etc including that early & rare tartan cloth) a very tidy & original car 80,000 mile car I bought in mid '80s for .. $1000! I shudder to think what it'd pull today
    Admittedly i never picked up on the XA vans only being 302 V8's

Im not 100% sure though what the 4 Phase 4's were indicated at revving to, only seen a claimed 306kw output, so perhaps the "ease" of those revs points to more dodginess on Fords account. Even if it wasnt an RPO83, Ford may still have done it as an exclusive deal with a bit more "on the side"

Ive got a bit of a soft spot for them too, mum used to have a 73 302 column shift Fairmont that stood up to a fair bit. Again, had a dodgy colour that can only be described as a baby shit brown/gold.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Again, had a dodgy colour that can only be described as a baby shit brown/gold.
    its also other cars of the era that suffered from bad taste my mother had an LT celica in bright kermit green lol
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information