Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GT4 Challenge 3.3

i think that softest tyres thing is crap...any tyres that are harder than the softest set available for each challenge should be allowed... 9 out of 10 races you will be slower with the harder less grippy tyres anywayz...

yeh, but we have to set the challenge with the softest. If we set it with the harder, then people can cheat and use the softer, whereas if the challenge is set with the softest, then people can choose to use harder if they choose to.

in some circumstances as you say, harder tyres can help. But if you are using harder tyres to set a faster time, you should tell everyone else on the board, otherwise that becomes an unfair advantage. To me, the challenge isnt about who can work out the best strategy for winning a race, rather who can go around the fastest in exactly the same specs.

Been getting a few entries for the challenge, I hope everyone realised its two weeks, so theres another week left....
    Last edited by RazaBlade; 03-26-2006 at 04:52 AM.
    Porsche!

oh nah i totally agree with them being on the softest tyres to elliminate cheating, i thought we were only allowed to use the softest tyres, and not allowed to use the harder tyres???

Well that is what i hope is the case! Like I said, the only reason for setting clear defined parameters for the challenge is to allow an even playing field. If you find putting harder tyres at the back helps, tell everyone else to make it fair! Its pointless to come back at the end and find someone is seconds ahead all because of a simple tyre selection.....
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    yeh, but we have to set the challenge with the softest. If we set it with the harder, then people can cheat and use the softer, whereas if the challenge is set with the softest, then people can choose to use harder if they choose to.

in some circumstances as you say, harder tyres can help. But if you are using harder tyres to set a faster time, you should tell everyone else on the board, otherwise that becomes an unfair advantage. To me, the challenge isnt about who can work out the best strategy for winning a race, rather who can go around the fastest in exactly the same specs.

Been getting a few entries for the challenge, I hope everyone realised its two weeks, so theres another week left....
    I agree with what you said, but all the same specs are actually in dis/advantage of the one who said the rules. Some people just drive in a totally other style and then need other tires/settings. In real races, where they all drive the same car, the tyres and fine tuning of the car is still to choose from the driver and his racing team. Thats actually the beauty of racing.

But since you can't fine tune your car in arcade mode, this really isn't a matter. It should be fun when there is a grand tourismo online... Or probably frustrating for me allways ending up last

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade

I put in mine because I won't be around to even attempt a better lap, much less submit one. Besides, mine ain't getting any faster

Well, Ive done my lap for this challenge. But worried as Im hopefully gonna be neck deep in revision from now, so will barely manage sensible times hereafter....

Hows it going for everyone else?
    Porsche!

hoping to get down to a low 1'20 by the end of the week, got 4 different races this week so am VERY busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS
    I agree with what you said, but all the same specs are actually in dis/advantage of the one who said the rules. Some people just drive in a totally other style and then need other tires/settings. In real races, where they all drive the same car, the tyres and fine tuning of the car is still to choose from the driver and his racing team. Thats actually the beauty of racing.
    There is a lot of monotype car championship in Europe and some here in Canada where only one type of tires must be put on the cars. This is only the driver who can make the difference... and that is the best races I've ever seen!

But as I said before in this thread, the sort of tires we used in this challenge are too arcadish. I prefer to drive more realistic...
    My best moments in this game is with a BMW 2002 turbo or a Cobra equipped with one of those road tires.
    Last edited by vantage-v8; 03-29-2006 at 11:21 AM.

Hope everyone's well, reminder for times to be in by tomorrow midnight.....
    Porsche!

Thread Information