Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gaming Headphones/Headsets ...

Go on ebay and find ya self a pare of sennheisers you won't be disapointed and if you want a headset they make amazing headsets too with the sound quality and a really good noise reduction mic, they are really good.

3D sound is a load of bollocks as you can go and buy yourself a pair which have about 6 connectors the sound quality will be poor and you'll just have a lot of messed up sound.

Guy at a lan party had a pair and he was screwing one speaker stopped working
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by matek
    Go on ebay and find ya self a pare of sennheisers you won't be disapointed and if you want a headset they make amazing headsets too with the sound quality and a really good noise reduction mic, they are really good.

3D sound is a load of bollocks as you can go and buy yourself a pair which have about 6 connectors the sound quality will be poor and you'll just have a lot of messed up sound.

Guy at a lan party had a pair and he was screwing one speaker stopped working
    6 connectors? You must be talking about speakers, but this is headsets.......my friend has nice Sennheisers, but I still think that my Altec sounds better.

My old pair of Altecs has been here for over 2 years and still working perfectly after I rolled my chair over it with my weight by accident. But I got these new ones with 3D sound anyway.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

nope you can get suround sound headphones.

They were absolute bollocks.

Sennheisers rule the ballance is amazing in the HD497s
    anything above is also amazing

Quote Originally Posted by matek
    nope you can get suround sound headphones.

They were absolute bollocks.

Sennheisers rule the ballance is amazing in the HD497s
    anything above is also amazing
    I know I have surround sound headset, but I was wondering about have 6 connectors..............

Seems like you just wanna say Sennheisers are the bests. Probably not for gaming, sorry. I tried some Sennheisers and they just don't have as good sound quality as the Altecs.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    I know I have surround sound headset, but I was wondering about have 6 connectors..............

Seems like you just wanna say Sennheisers are the bests. Probably not for gaming, sorry. I tried some Sennheisers and they just don't have as good sound quality as the Altecs.
    Depends on what level of Sennheisers you try. The 25 dollar headphones are no good, but once you get into the 100-500 dollar range, Sennheiser is a great buy. I'm speaking from experience here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Depends on what level of Sennheisers you try. The 25 dollar headphones are no good, but once you get into the 100-500 dollar range, Sennheiser is a great buy. I'm speaking from experience here too.
    I was comparing with those Boomsets.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    I was comparing with those Boomsets.
    Hmm, I could see where you're coming from then. Was it the base that made you pick Altec? Sennheiser's are infamous (some models) for lacking bass...

If you want bass get a pair f HD200 Pros theyre DJ ones that have beap bass and HD 500 have also an amazing balance.

And the guys Headset were trust suroundsound and they were massive with 6 connectors.

Plantroniocs are also suposed to be good havent used them though.

Bose also make amazing headphones but probably out of your price range at every car show they have a stand with the noise cancelling ones and they seriously do make a diffence but 279.99 is a bit steep. Sennheiser are also good for noise cancelation but i've never had the plessure of using a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Hmm, I could see where you're coming from then. Was it the base that made you pick Altec? Sennheiser's are infamous (some models) for lacking bass...
    Not at all, it has perfect balance between bass and treble, I had no doubts buying it although it looked exactly the same as my old stereo version. Altec is really good in these and 2.1 speakers, just check out the big silver 2.1 speakers, I forgot what the model name is, but I'll edit this post with the link after I get home. (school computers suck ass)
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Sennheisers are used in recording studio because they are very bright and it is easy for the sound engineer to hear any faults in the setup

Until you get a chance to listen to a set of electro-static headphones you haven't heard quality ... £1000 a pair tho
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

If you read What hifi then youll see the wooden hand made headphones

They look amazing and anything thats made from woo da has to be special

Yamaha developed wooden diaphragms and promoted them that they provide better "colour" to the sound ..... Just like Linn used to say about the Sondek LP12 ....... It sounds "better" even though it measured "worse" An inevitable backlash from hi-fi aficionados in response to the continued improvement of digital

Somebody will buy them -- guaranteed.

Electrostatic speakers though are phenomonal. Because their is no coil the diaphragm has miniscule mass and so capable of moving faster to match the signal better. Used to have Quad ELS57s ... wish I'd kept them
    Just did a check and Stax are STILL producing their ES 'phones. £2500 for them with matched valve amp Had the "cheaper" version .... something else I wish I'd kept
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-31-2006 at 05:17 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

For music only Sennheisers may be better at it, but Altecs are for gaming purposes.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Thread Information