Thread: Quiggs might like me now!

Quiggs might like me now!

Well, I have a slight surprise, but if any of you know me, my vice is cars, and I must say that my new car is an upgrade. It's a 2005 Volkswagen GTi 1.8T and I have had a blast driving it. I feel way more confident in this car, the Sentra would throttle snap with my driving style and sticky tires up front and stocks in the back, but my GTi won't. It stays planted, feels faster than the 2.5 liter Nissan QR25, too. I also ran at a Virginia Motor Sport Club autocross at Richmond Raceway Complex (AKA Richmond International Raceway). I placed 6th out of 13 in the novice class, 76th out of 100 in PAX scoring, and 87th out of 100 in Raw timing. I didn't hit a cone and was on the stock, all season tires. Here is the offical results page at VSMC's website, http://www.vmsc.org/?hf=results/results. On Sunday, the 26th, I'll be racing at West Point Airport and it will be a NASA event. I'll post my results on that one after I get them.
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

Hang on, is your GTi a Mk5? Cause they are 2 litre Turbos. The Mk4 was the older 1.8T, and 2005 Golf's are Mk5s. Either way, nice choice
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

No, it's a Mark 4 with a 1.8 liter turbo engine. I believe the US got one more year of the Mark 4's before the new Mark 5 (which is listed as a 2006 GTi) came in.
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

oh ok righto then. Still, not a bad car, i've only ever heard good things about the 5v 1.8T. Are planning on doing anything to it, or are you gonna keep it a stocker?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Oettinger has some really aftermarket kit for the Golf IV, check out their stuff if you decide to tune it, I especially like the look of them.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

if it performance turners you are after, you might want to have a look at the link below.

Congrats on the car hope you have a blast with it, i know i do with my new VR6

http://emresaglam.com/vw337/bookmark.html
    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! Renault F1 :)

I've got some plans for my car, just not sure were to start first. I'm thinking wheels and tires once I get one or two more Autocrosses under my belt. I was thinking about staying legal in SCCA's G Stock, but I think I'll have more fun tuning and entering each class I can with the car. I'll take a look at that website now, SPN. I can definately say that this car has more support in the aftermarket than my Nissan did.

I demand pictures!

If you plan on doing some upgrades, PM me and I'll give you a huge list of quality parts suppliers. If you like your car now, you'll love it with a set of H&R coilovers and a GIAC chip.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

You should put your car on a diet. The Mk4 is a pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    You should put your car on a diet. The Mk4 is a pig.
    No arguement.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I'll try to get some pictures up soon. Like I said, it's bone stock right now. I have plans for a carbon fiber hood and hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeNitroBIRM
    Quiggs might like me now!
    Be Careful what you wish for
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Be Careful what you wish for
    Zing!
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information