Page 67 of 500 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 7489

Thread: Galah Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    I had a bastard of a day...

Bigpond charged me $1300 for going over a download limit...! The plan was supposed to be unlimited downloads, but they tell me it's only 20 gig, and since I used 27 gig last month, I get the extra charge. So 7 gig costs $1300. That is bloody stupidity!

And to make matters worse, tonight at work, someone broke into my car and stole my wallet, but decided not to take my Ipod. Strange... They got away with an FPR (Ford Performance Racing) leather wallet, $20 inside, my drivers license...and bubblegum.

I can't figure out why they chose to steal a wallet and bubblegum, but not an Ipod. I guess criminals really are stupid Lucky I had my banking cards on me at the time!
    Shit **** Telstra ****en C**ts you know what i think of them puss bucket **** face 2 face ****en rotten c**ts Dirty scum's they are.
    Even though it seems right on there website.. They still suck shit c**t's hate them.
    **** them off and get ADSL2 it's the fastest internet you will get and they have better deal them telsucks.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

$1300

Telstra robbed you more than the bloody thief did, gawd that's horrific. The wording in the blurb for some of those 'unlimited' net-plans can be really deceptive - should be a law against it

thats nasty man...
    The Datto will rage again...

$1300??? Sure you haven't added two zeros to that? I'd refuse to pay that one - complain like hell and tell them that they need to make it crystal clear how much it will cost to go over the download limit.
    Anyway, how exactly does one manage to use 27gig in a month? I rarely go over 3GB - and that's with my flatmate using the connection as well.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    $1300??? Sure you haven't added two zeros to that? I'd refuse to pay that one - complain like hell and tell them that they need to make it crystal clear how much it will cost to go over the download limit.
    Anyway, how exactly does one manage to use 27gig in a month? I rarely go over 3GB - and that's with my flatmate using the connection as well.
    That's what I can't understand, I've never gone over 10 gig, and suddenly they tell me I've done 27! I rung them up again and asked for some data to prove it, so they said they will be sending out a sheet of all the downloads I've done (which should be interesting!)

In regards to the fee, they charge a certain amount per MB after the 20 gig, I apparently used 7 gig over, so that would be 7000 times whatever their fee is, which made $1300.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by Volvoman
    Well thats just a little freaky! How do you know thats one of them? I'm sure there are a lot of silver C70s out there.
    Nar, thats it. Thats our upstairs showroom with those two pictures behind the car.
    Kim Jarvies T5 C70. Sold In december 05. She came in looking at the new model on monday.
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

I would like a new C70. Very nice looking. Maybe a C30 when they get here. Ever feel like donating one to the "Get Volvoman a new car" fund?

1300/7000 = $0.18

that sounds about right per meg man...
    The Datto will rage again...

Yeah the web site says $0.15 per Mb. Yet you can get the 60 Gb plan for only a few more dollars than the 20Gb plan....absolute rip-off. At least with Optus if i exceed my download limit it just shapes me to dial-up speed.

Gotta feel for you, Adrenaline. Get onto them and check your useage and if all is legit, then see if you can't just upgrade to the higher plan...good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvoman
    I would like a new C70. Very nice looking. Maybe a C30 when they get here. Ever feel like donating one to the "Get Volvoman a new car" fund?
    New 70 drives really well, massive improvement on the old one. Folding metal roof looks good but its the new S80 thats really impressive. V8 AWD goes well and sounds horn.
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

I i'm going too declare i am the worlds biggest user of dial up internet under 28k in the world
    I just found out my usage...... 4gb per month download. And 2gb per month upload Not bad for a guy that's running 22k. Look out if i get 1mb downloads

Adrenaline don't you have a usage meter mate? Also question them about a email for going over the limit, By the first 1-2gb over the limit they normally send you a email too tell you that your over the limit, My friend is on Bigplond unlimited and gets emails when he passes the 10gb.

Quote Originally Posted by caz_375
    Yeah the web site says $0.15 per Mb. Yet you can get the 60 Gb plan for only a few more dollars than the 20Gb plan....absolute rip-off. At least with Optus if i exceed my download limit it just shapes me to dial-up speed.
    I'm on Cable, so the 20gb plan is $99.95/month, and the 60gb is $149.95/month. They are charging me $109.95/month right now, which is strange. I used to have TPG, where it, like Optus, throttled the speed after 20gb was reached (which never happened anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by caz_375
    Gotta feel for you, Adrenaline. Get onto them and check your useage and if all is legit, then see if you can't just upgrade to the higher plan...good luck.
    The usage seems legit according to them, although I eagerly anticipate the data they said they are posting to me. I've never really gone over 10 gig, and now suddenly I'm at 27 gig, it just doesn't sound right. Maybe someone's been stealing my internet through my network (The network is wireless, and is secured/ encrypted)

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Adrenaline don't you have a usage meter mate? Also question them about a email for going over the limit, By the first 1-2gb over the limit they normally send you a email too tell you that your over the limit, My friend is on Bigplond unlimited and gets emails when he passes the 10gb.
    Yeah, if I log on to the site I can check my usage. But the thing is, I've never needed to worry about my usage bacause I hardly ever go through more than 10 gig. I checked the messages, and they sent one at 125% usage: (Too bad I don't use Bigpond as an Email address )

Quote Originally Posted by NOTICE: You've just passed 125% of your monthly usage
    Attachment:
    Dear BigPond� Member,

This is a courtesy notice to let you know that we've registered 25001 megabytes of
    usage on your BigPond Broadband account this month. That's over 125% of your plan's
    monthly usage allowance.

Of course, you can continue enjoying full use of your BigPond Broadband service, but
    all megabytes in excess of your allowance will be billed at your plan's Additional
    Usage rate of 15c per megabyte. You can find out more about these rates at
    http://www.bigpond.com/internet-plan...le/default.asp

If you find that you're exceeding your monthly usage allowance fairly regularly, you
    might want to check the suitability of your plan and choose one which better fits your
    usage patterns. To find out more about your current plan log in to My
    BigPond<http://www.bigpond.com/MyBigPond/default.asp>, then follow the links under
    Manage My Account.

Unusually high usage levels can sometimes be a sign of unauthorised access to your
    computer by Hackers. If you don't have security in place they may be able to gain
    access to your files, personal information - even your BigPond service. So, if you are
    surprised by your current usage level, and you don't have security in place, you might
    want to consider protecting yourself against these security threats by installing
    security software. If you want more information about security threats and how you can
    protect yourself from them, visit BigPond.com.

For more information on how you can avoid the common traps regarding usage read our
    tips and other information at http://www.bigpond.com/broadband/support/usage.

Thank you for choosing BigPond Broadband.

Kind Regards,

The BigPond Team

� Registered trade mark of Telstra Corporation Limited.
    I'll have to visit the Bigpond site more often from now on I can't wait to see last month's usage data!
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Shouldn't there be like a max payout or something? When you hit $500 that's it?
    I have seen this before on other internet providers.

You should try this website and ask for some help in here they are great and there are plenty of ISP workers in there also.
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-threads.cfm?f=14

its weird too, im on a 3 GB limit with telstra, and just last week ive been told ive used 7 gig?

wtf h4x
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Nine more posts until I hit 2000! I'm going to try and do it before the new year.

EDIT: I guess I made the deadline
    Last edited by adrenaline; 12-29-2006 at 02:26 AM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thread Information