Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petrol Brands comparison

It's absolutely not worth it to get 98 fuel is your engine doesn't require it. 95 is just as good and cheaper. 95 is already expensive enough. I sometimes wish I had a diesel. The V-Power like fuels are absolutely insane in price.

I get my fuel from Esso. I always go to those card-only stations that have no personell, they are the cheapest.

I mostly put RON98 in it from Jet (belgium).

The car uses:
    14liters of RON95 every 100kms or
    12,1 liters of RON98 every 100kms (10/11l if there's always a girl in the passenger seat) or
    8.9 liters of RON101 every 100kms

I have to say, that I constantly drove with RON101, I was cruising true Germany, so I always did highway, still, I was quite impressed about the fuel economy, cause BMW said that it should use around 11liters at the speeds I did and that's the same company that said it should have a average of 6.7liters, guess they were wrong... I even went to a gas station and fillt it up, cause I thought the meter was broken, I saw the daycounter going over 400kms (fuel tank is around 55liters) and I just couldn't believe that... I even took a picture of it!

I wonder what I would get on RON103.

This was done with a 22year old BMW E30 with the M10 carb engine, E30's don't come older then this!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The biggest difference I've felt is by adding injector cleaner type additive - I think the stuff I use is STP. It costs £3, does two tanks and you really notice a difference - cheap and cheerful.

Geek fact: The 'knock sensors' in the BMW M5 work from the spark plugs. A sensor measures the speed at which the air ionizes when the plug is charged, and adjusts the ignition timing accordingly. Bo. At least F1 is good for something!
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Thread Information