Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Car and Any Engine

Any Car and Any Engine

If you could combine any car and any engine what combo would you choose? There are no parameters to follow here, if you wanna put a big block Chevy in a Honda CRX by all means let that be your pick.

i want a geo metro with a 427 sohc

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

F1 Renault 1500cc Turbo in an A110.

The engine started development there before being moved into the F1 program.
    unfortunately, it never made it into A110 production.

If only .... 1000bhp in 600kg driving the rear wheels

Now THAT would have made an interesting car !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I think I would get an "Euroworks The Attack"

It looks awesome and it only weights 1,870 lbs (850kg) due to the fact that it's made out of carbon fiber mostly. That's about 700lbs less than a Honda Civic.

I would put a big 12 cylinder 680hp McLaren F1 LM engine and have the ultimate supercar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How bout a Caterpillar C15 in a Civic? It probably weighs more than the Civic and its got 1850 lb-ft of torque and 928 cubic inches.

Quote Originally Posted by sutton4481
    How bout a Caterpillar C15 in a Civic? It probably weighs more than the Civic and its got 1850 lb-ft of torque and 928 cubic inches.
    I know the engine you're talking about, but, in a civic, why not go for a Cummins ISX? 600hp, 2200lb-ft, i mean granted now, we're gonna have a bias of about 90%-10% where ever the engine is placed in the chassis. I'd also like to see where it would be mounted, that back seat and trunk area? Where? But all in all not a bad idea. lol.

Can we have more than one engine in this? Cause I would put a Bugatti Veyron engine in a Mini, fit 4 turbo's to it, then in the back of the car I would put a Cadillac Sixteen engine in the back, and fit 4 turbo's to it aswell. After that, I would fit a Rolls Royce jet engine to each side of this. Then I would make it RWD! Then I would get a few tanks of 200 shot NOS. Then I would fit a performance chip to the engines. Ofcourse it wouldn't move an inch but it would make an incredible noise and probaly kill the driver because of the heat, but it would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by MrVette83
    I know the engine you're talking about, but, in a civic, why not go for a Cummins ISX? 600hp, 2200lb-ft, i mean granted now, we're gonna have a bias of about 90%-10% where ever the engine is placed in the chassis. I'd also like to see where it would be mounted, that back seat and trunk area? Where? But all in all not a bad idea. lol.
    Probably have so much torque, it'd twist the body apart.
    -------
    Mine would probably be an old Datsun Z series car(240Z) with a Chevrolet 383 in it. If possible the racing 572 from SD. 900hp-768ftlbs of torque. This of course, would be a death machine.
    Stickers add horsepower. I promise.

Ok, maybe there are some parameters, in the form of how it is at the moment people are treating the thread like a farce, I was merely joking myself in reply to the ISX Cummins in the civic, let's try and see if we can keep this to feasible applications. Truthfuly this is my fault that it turned out this way and I appologize. Some applications I can think of that I've seen right off hand are LS1s in RX-7s and BMWs, maybe a 2JZ in an Elise(don't know how that would work dimensionally, but it is merely an example). I personally have not come up with a reply to this thread yet because there are so many directions one could take. Tell me what you think you would do. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    If only .... 1000bhp in 600kg driving the rear wheels
    Just as god intended.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Just as god intended.
    To get his creatures back to him earlier?
    I think in this case he would have preferred a mid engined layout.

There have been some interesting applications of aero engines in the past, may be we should think into that direction again. Unfortunately I know very little of modern aero engines. For car engines I think I would put an upgraded VAG V10 TDI into an Enzo.

How about a Renesis in an MX-5?
    I am the Stig

Not a bad idea on the Renesis. I had guy tell me his choice would be a rotary used my Mazda in the 80's for racing(I think it was a 22 or 26B 4rotor). He said the car he would install it in would be an R34 Skyline b/c it has the drivetrain that puts the power where you need it.

My Choice

Well, since this is my thread and I started it I guess I'll share what i think i would do. I'm pretty sure this is possible if you look at the dimensions. I would take a 2JZ and place it in an MR2. MRWD and that engine combination would be killer. The engine itself can be tuned to high horsepower numbers, while the car is fairly light weight. I believe that the two of those could make a pretty good combo.

Well I guess if we have to be a little more realistic, then I thnk it would be pretty cool if I got a Crown Victoria and put in a Vortec HP3 8100 (I know its a marine engine and its a Chevy, but Ford doesn't have any good engines that I could use to make an awesome sleeper sedan and chevy doesn't make a rear wheel drive full size anymore). That thing would be killer.
    "It's the only car I've ever driven that'll spin the wheels at 200 mph."
    -Mark Donohue, talking about the Penske 917/30 twin-turbo Porsche Can-Am car.

Thread Information