Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Car and Any Engine

i would put the V12 of the Enzo in a Corvette. or put the Enzo V12 into the mid of a VW GTI MK1.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Maybe a F1 engine in a Miata.

Hot Rod Magazine recently put a 5 liter V8 in a Ford Focus and converted it to rear drive, it looked stock from the outside also.

Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    Maybe a F1 engine in a Miata.

Hot Rod Magazine recently put a 5 liter V8 in a Ford Focus and converted it to rear drive, it looked stock from the outside also.
    I saw that, it was a 500hp V8. And yes, the car looked stock from the outside.

Imagine that little focus reving harder than a Mustang Cobra

The 250 series Ferrari V12 engine and put it in a Nissan Sentra.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

I'd see if it would be possible to shoehorn a tailored version of Wally Larson's twin-supercharged 2000+ horsepower Lexus V8 into the middle of a circa 1990 Mazda 323. Naturally, a RWD conversion would be completely necessary.

Would you consider putting a 1500HP turbine engine into a go-kart ?

Common-sense may suggest no.

Not for this guy ......
    http://www.meditech.ch/exoticthermoe...ing/ete05.html

But if you watch the video at the end, then maybe he's reconsidering it while he recovers
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Would you consider putting a 1500HP turbine engine into a go-kart ?

Common-sense may suggest no.

Not for this guy ......
    http://www.meditech.ch/exoticthermoe...ing/ete05.html

But if you watch the video at the end, then maybe he's reconsidering it while he recovers
    Now that guy is absolutely nuts, but i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrVette83
    Now that guy is absolutely nuts, but i like it.
    Agreed

Here's the still from the critical moment.
    Hope he was wearing 3-layer nomex !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by sutton4481
    Well I guess if we have to be a little more realistic, then I thnk it would be pretty cool if I got a Crown Victoria and put in a Vortec HP3 8100 (I know its a marine engine and its a Chevy, but Ford doesn't have any good engines that I could use to make an awesome sleeper sedan and chevy doesn't make a rear wheel drive full size anymore). That thing would be killer.

if you want a RWD then you dont want a crown vic, ive heard theyre bloody awful. my choice would be either a BA Falcon or Fairlane, more than likely the Fairlane as its easily the stiffest body to come out of Australia
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    I saw that, it was a 500hp V8. And yes, the car looked stock from the outside.

Imagine that little focus reving harder than a Mustang Cobra

last summer, some guy brought one to a auto-x event. all he did was smoke them tires.

i would like to see a 2jz or some other turboed-or non- high hp engine in the back of a hatch, like an eclipse or metro etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    if you want a RWD then you dont want a crown vic, ive heard theyre bloody awful. my choice would be either a BA Falcon or Fairlane, more than likely the Fairlane as its easily the stiffest body to come out of Australia
    If I lived in Australia, then I would have a lot more choices for a full size, rear wheel drive sedan, but in America all we have is the Crown Vic, although now the CTS is rear wheel drive too now that I think of it.....
    "It's the only car I've ever driven that'll spin the wheels at 200 mph."
    -Mark Donohue, talking about the Penske 917/30 twin-turbo Porsche Can-Am car.

well the CTS-V is probably a good choice, heaps of people like them so they cant be all that bad. i think theyre a fiar bit smaller than a crown vic though, if that might be a problem
    I am the Stig

just for fun, I'd take a renault 5 and stuff Zonda's AMG engine in it for RR.

realistically, I'd take a RX-7's engine and mount it in the rear cabin of a Mini Cooper, making it MR
    There's a automatic rice filter in being a gud mountain racer.... and that is "Skill"......

Quote Originally Posted by sutton4481
    If I lived in Australia, then I would have a lot more choices for a full size, rear wheel drive sedan, but in America all we have is the Crown Vic, although now the CTS is rear wheel drive too now that I think of it.....
    Mercury Marauder?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcLarenF1
    ...a Mini Cooper, making it MR
    For a Mini, I'd take two Yamaha R1 bike engine and put them in.
    No wait THAT's been done !!!!! 320bhp in a Mini
    and road legel in the UK )

Just to bring a smile to everyone

Thread Information