Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pukekohe V8 Supercars

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Theres a million and one theories still going on about that one.

Serious question here, do alot of NZers realise theres more NZ drivers than Murphy?
    Well, lately the press have been documenting the other kiwi drivers a bit, now that Jason Richards and the like are becoming more successful. However, usually whenever they put the V8's on the news, its a short 10 second piece telling you where Greg Murphy came. Quite annoying, really.
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

Well i suppose now's the time for someone else to steal the spotlight.

Is anyone worried about drivers backing off towards the end of race one to start higher in race 2? Even with Race 2 only worth half as many points?
    I am the Stig

Not this early in the season. As it progresses and dependant on they end up going, we might see drivers to do that to protect championship leads, prevent/avoid potential DNFs and traffic, but I doubt with this first race that'll happen. I reckon we're more likely to see a cautious second race from the front running teams while the team managers for the faster teams see what the go is, whilst the teams up the front in the reverse grid will run as long as possible before pitting
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by nota

Little doubt in my mind that Crunch Courtney will extend his smashing rep. He needs sponsorship from TAFE, or at the least from Landsvale
    Right you are.....he hit a tyre barrier in practice after 28 laps.

Ingall was the fastest, but there's only a couple of tenths between 1st and 10th, with just 1 second separating the first 25 cars.

Thanks for all the updates Monty!

You're a very attractive man btw

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Thanks for all the updates Monty!

You're a very attractive man btw
    I know.....

More Updates.,
    Race 1- 1st- Skaife, 2nd- Ingall, 3rd- Bright.

Just looked at the official results on the official V8 Supercar website.
    Murphy may be out for the rest of the weekend after a first corner crash. My guess is the crowd may be down a bit tomorrow.
    On the other hand - take a look who has the pole for tomorrow's first reverse grid race, and will now be the favourite for the race and depending on race 3's result the round. Yep - another Kiwi - Jason Richards. He will be very, very hard to beat from pole. Ended up on pole thanks to power steering dramas, but wisely stayed out on track to officially finish last and take the pole for tomorrow's race. The crowd may still come after all.
    Also, note that today's first race pole sitter, Garth Tander will start from position nine in the reverse grid race following a drive through penalty in race one - a very strong position considering his car's speed. And Paul Radisich will be eighth.
    One of my earlier tips Steve Johnson did a little too well - finishing ninth and will be starting in twenty for the reverse grid race. However, John Bowe will start 12th - with most of the cars in front of him being slower and round 1 winner Jamie Whincup will start 14th, so has a chance to consolidate his points lead with a strong reverse grid race result.
    Oh, yes, Mark Skaife won. And the much maligned WPS team had a very strong result with Max Wilson sixth and Jason Bargwanna 11th. Mark Larkham's partnership in the team is already bringing results.
    I'll now look forward to the delayed TV coverage of race 1 and tomorrow's live coverage of races 2 and 3.
    Last edited by motorsportnerd; 04-22-2006 at 05:26 AM.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Surely Whincup has race 2 in the bag then, his only immediate competition will be Garth Tander.

Surprised to see 7 Fords in the top 10 also, on what is historically a Holden dominated track
    I am the Stig

I think Jason Richards will, with the crowd backing him now that Murph is out of it, take the victory. He starts from pole in a very fast car with the opposition down the back. And they say that a home crowd can lift one's performance. If one of the faster guys, like Richards, strikes trouble in the first race, but is still classified as finishing, he gets pole and a big chance to win the second reverse grid race.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Well both of tomorrow's races are 40km's longer, and its generally these races that spring up surprises as different teams manage their tyres differently. Some drivers may underestimate the impact that will have over the race.
    I am the Stig

I hope it rains... Im goin outside to do a rain dance now....but first, the bourbon. Talken about bourbon, has anyone got a copy of Pepe Solaro, master of the panpipes, Ive found two matresses to lie between, I have a bottle of Cougar, but apparantly its best enjoyed listening to his works.... Man that add cracks me up.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

I dont believe Murphies thing is fixed, 10 mm to short on the RHS rail, but ok it seems. Bugger. I hate him, I met him in Darwin in 98. Wish ambrose had have thumped him at bathurst, I know I would have. Screw the fine.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Two interesting races. Skaife was the deserving winner, but its good to see new blood making the podium. Winterbottom drove very well in the FPR Ford to get second overall.
    And Tander won the reverse grid race - not surprising considering he was the pole man in race 1 and had a lot of car speed. He started so far up the reverse grid simply because he got a drive through penalty in race 1. Jason Richards was second in the reverse grid race and Winterbottom did the best of the fast guys coming through from the rear to finish third. Just shows that if faster guys like Richards and Tander have trouble in the first race, they can salavage something with the reverse grids. Rather than hurting the championship, the reverse grid races my help those who have trouble in race 1 salvage a good result for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Wish ambrose had have thumped him at bathurst, I know I would have.
    Same here.

Thread Information