Thread: i need some help...

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!

i need some help...

this is the problem. we have a 2002 dodge caravan. what happens is that only on the right front side, the tire will deflate without there being any puncture or what not. we've check it out filled and put it in water to find air bubbles , and nothing showed up , so there is no puncture for sure. now im stuck at what the problem cud b. can anyone here, any help would b greatly appreciated. thanx in advance.
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by car_fiend
    this is the problem. we have a 2002 dodge caravan. what happens is that only on the right front side, the tire will deflate without there being any puncture or what not. we've check it out filled and put it in water to find air bubbles , and nothing showed up , so there is no puncture for sure. now im stuck at what the problem cud b. can anyone here, any help would b greatly appreciated. thanx in advance.
    It's probably the valve stem thats leaking air. If worst comes to worst, get a used tire for 30 bucks.

Did you check the bead when looking for air leak ?
    Did you immerse in soapy water to check ??
    As well as the valve you may have a damaged bead with a leak.
    4 years old isn't long enough for the alloys to have gone porous.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Apart from the previously-mentioned valve, my only suggestions might be ..

On rare occasions some alloy wheels have proven to be porous, and I guess this very slow leak may not show up even if the wheel/tyre is immersed. I'd imagine a remedy would be to seal the innner hoop by spraying/painting on a suitable sealant

If a steel wheel, maybe the inner lip (where the tyre seats on the rim) is badly finished or rusty, causing an imperfect seal and thus a weeping leak?

(edit) I've heard that some alloys were porous from new

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    the wheels arent alloy, they're the stock steel wheels. and yes, i did submerge in soap water as well. nuthing to indicate a punture, but i'll b sure to chek the valve. thanx... i'll post bak on this thread in a few days or so, and if i can get feedback then, i'd greatly appreciate it. thanx also for now, quick responses.
    Last edited by car_fiend; 04-22-2006 at 11:01 PM.
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

Thread Information