Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: My car

Just down at autobarn to price some new Rotors when they have sitting there DBA slotted rotors on special for $80 each, There all sold out go figure.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I got the RDA Slotted rotors on order, Was waiting for the call on Monday. Rang yesterday and was told to call today. Instead i went down to see whats taking so long. Got told that RDA had some issues with the VP slotted rotors and recalled them all. So until they have this issue fixed I'm going to have to wait.
    Fun that. I was going to snap some pic's to show everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    I got the RDA Slotted rotors on order, Was waiting for the call on Monday. Rang yesterday and was told to call today. Instead i went down to see whats taking so long. Got told that RDA had some issues with the VP slotted rotors and recalled them all. So until they have this issue fixed I'm going to have to wait.
    Fun that. I was going to snap some pic's to show everyone.
    We ran RDA's on the race car and they werent the best, they needed a skim before we used them as they were warped, put them on the race car bedded them in and all was well. In the first race we were getting shocking pad knock off, due to the discs warping under heat stress. After the race meet we inspected the rotors and they are full of tiny heat stress cracks and are starting to crack at the hub. They should be fine under normal conditions, but for any serious work, they arent much cop.

Will be going back to DBA Kangaroo Paws never had a problem with them
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

They might be the roo paw ones not sure but??. The one on display was the kangaroo paws.
    I had a argument with the 2 guys on pads. I ended up getting Bendix advanced when i wanted Bendix ultimates. they told me ultimates need time to warm up and are only best if i intend to hit 180 and stop to 20. I said i might you never know I was the best pads for the rotors the best stopping power. I don't want them to go soft after 60min of driving stop start etc. Don't waste your money the other bloke said go for the Advanced. So i did only because they were cheap @ $49.

Hey i have had some good luck of late with the car. How is this 12 months ago i got the control arm bushes replaced new with nalathan (cant spell it) Anyway i was baking out the drive when i here this rattle then something big metal drops, It's a large bolt. Go to my mechanic and he looks under the car as i told him it's banging a touch and is wiggling over bumps, He gets under and hands me the bolt and says who ever done your control arm bushes tell them to stick this bolt back on.
    So i go home get on the phone with the guys that done it, We get into a argument about it he accuses me of burnouts miny spool lowering etc, He don't know how bad i treat my car he says i could be doing burnouts and thrashing the Day lights out of it in 12 months. Mate **** me dead you know jack ****en shit about me and my car don't ****en tell me what i have done you toad. This ****en bolt just feel off. Bring it in he says and he will charge me for a new one. Get ****ed mate your job you fix it for nothing. He says to me it's not like the bolts weren't tight up. My mechanic told me they don't come off they would have been loose and coming off slowly, The whole left side was just about off.
    So i didn't go back to the wank that did it because I'm afraid of jail.
    So when my other mechanic fixed the control arms we found a new problem panhard rod bushes dead Ads to the wiggling rear. Never rains but it poors.
    You know what all this says find a good mechanic who is trust worthy and stick with him. The new guy who did my tranny did the control arms for nothing and checked the other side also good bloke he is got me onto a mate of his who fixed my bonnet and will do my window also.
    And i still haven't got my dam rotors

do they know where your rotors are mate?

i know what youre saying about a trusty mechanic. find one who wont screw you around and speaks like it is and never let them go because theyre hard to find but theyre the best ones to use.

Thats seriously dodgy if stuff is just falling out. that really shouldnt be happening and idve been the same over the phone to the guy.
    The Datto will rage again...

Rotors are just getting made now after they found problems in a whole batch of them so they did a recall, That was maybe 1 or more months ago. He told me October maybe or earlier but it seems that it's more October. I should have got 4 now i could have saved for them all.

This mechanic is good i like him i have been to him with problems and he has looked at them on the spot always, He even fixed a leak in the fuel line for free. And this was the best i asked him about the A/C compressor which is toast how much to replace it and re-gas it, $800 he said, I rang repco and bursons just for the compressors price it's $880.

This place that did the control arm bushes is on my shit list now Anyone that mentions there name to me will be told the full story, It's not the first time they done something wrong but it's the last now for good.

any chance of nicking a second hand one from a wreck to save a few coin?

i have a shit list too, never go to ultratune in canberra, they screwed up and bodged their way through my 200k service, when i got it back i found lights werent working, coolant leaks, all of these not put on the report.... gee, real thorough you guys are. they even tried to charge me for a replacement air filter when i have a pod filter.

I like to always save money But when since i have had this car i feel the need to buy new parts for it. I could be saving a packet and a half too.
    Mums got a good friend and her son runs a wreckers and he can get us any parts we need. One good second hand thing might be the upgraded VT-VX Brakes into my car?. Them kits usually are $600 per end.

Good old ultratune they really know how to handle people Sit out front and have a sign with they charged me $1000 to change a filter because they replaced a supercharger, But i have turbo.
    I worked at ultra tune for 2 weeks when i was 15 wasn't fun

Still waiting on them rotors, DBA officiall word is problem on the left side, They expect them in ?? They have no idea. Tossers.

So anyway i got bored the other day and started to play with the car. Check this out it's MS paint it's shit but i had fun.

VT indicator i spot there?

i think youre a bit low on tread on the front wheel mate

Yep VT indicators I'm thinking of the VZ SS ones now i think they would look good of the car was all done up but not now.
    If you zoom in real close you can see no rubber on the front i slightly missed the mark when i stuck the wheels on the front
    A mate of my brothers has these multi pattern 18" rims he told me to come take them one weekend and drive around and take some pics have some fun My brother had them on his car they aren't bad.
    I would like a body kit like that just something that sits lower on the car and not really something out there and almost over the top. Maybe the VP SS front and side and rear kit.

Don't panic this is weird but mum and i might be buying a ........... Toyota Camry. 5 speed man 2lt, it's got 2 things wrong with it, right driving light is broken and needs a mirror, It's got reg and is only $400. Can't really complain about that. it's a 91 model. My brother said it goes great got some power too. I said to mum i really don't but it's to cheap and it really might be a bargain and a half so it might be a good run around more time for me and the VP

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    And this was the best i asked him about the A/C compressor which is toast how much to replace it and re-gas it, $800 he said, I rang repco and bursons just for the compressors price it's $880.
    A/C compressors aren't cheap (or so I thought) but my mate with the Charger recently bought a brand new A/C rotary compressor ex-USA, which would also suit your VP. It was pretty damn cheap mate .. not including freight, the price was barely $220!

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    A/C compressors aren't cheap (or so I thought) but my mate with the Charger recently bought a brand new A/C rotary compressor ex-USA, which would also suit your VP. It was pretty damn cheap mate .. not including freight, the price was barely $220!
    **** sounds hot A/C for cheap as chips. I might have a block somewhere also it has trouble coming out the side vents and the rear back seat vents, But strong out the middle and top of the dash who knows whats in there Bricks maybe

^^ Yeah, compressors are usually too expensive to repair on older vehicles like ours, but at that price why bother getting a local rebuild?

With the vent distribution, it sounds like the directional flap-valve in your vent distribution-box might not be working ok. Assuming it's cable actuation, not vaccum, then perhaps the flap is sticking or the cable itself is binding or has popped off a lever? Either that, or maybe a duct pipe has fallen off (if VPs still use duct pipes, not integral with the dashboard module)

Thread Information