Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: domestic vs import

domestic vs import

over the years i heard about how american cars consume more gas, less reliable and ugly . well to tell you the truth i did some researching and i found out this

yes american cars consume more gas but what are most people comparing. most people compare v8 engines to i4. 300hp to 150hp. as you can see over the years american cars have been trying to make cars more economy. if you compared a 150 hp import to a 150hp domestic you will find that a import will consume 1 gallon less per a mile. thats not really a big difference. yes american cars are heavy but, american cars have been trying to make there cars lighter as you compare a ford focus to a honda civic. the ford focus is 50lb lighter. compare the new ford freestar to a honda oddessy. the freestar consumes 16 gallons on highway and the oddessy consumes 18 gallons on highway.

yes american cars are not that reliable but look the mitsubishi eclipse is known of having the most problems. more then americans and europeans. ive witnessed myself when i was younger on the streets and import was driving and this american car was turning and they both collided and the american car wasnt even dented while the import. the whole front was all destroyed.

this thing has been keeping me kinda pissed for years of people being racist are making fun of american and european cars. ya japanese cars got the looks but does it have the power??

most ricers say they can beat a v8 muscle car. but it takes alot of modding to do so. with all that modding why not just buy a muscle car in the first place thing tuning up your car for more the price. ive beard of ricers saying they put a some body kits and say they can beat a F1 car. i mean F1 cars are 2000lb and lighter and have a 0-60mph in 2.2 secs. it takes over couple dozen grands to meet with that. sometimes it takes over 1million dollars of tuning to beat that.

if you think im wrong then please comment

Quote Originally Posted by Chinky_boi
    ive witnessed myself when i was younger on the streets and import was driving and this american car was turning and they both collided and the american car wasnt even dented while the import. the whole front was all destroyed.
    Outside of America, the car industry has ofuccsed on absorbing impact through planned deformation of the bodywork and chassis.

America cars had approached the safety angle like a tank designer. More steel is stronger and better.

The planned absorption of energy is better and safer for everyoine involved !

European cars now have star-ratings for crashes.
    I remember when the Espace was (I think) a 4 and a Ford Aero/Windstar managed 1 !
    Most new Euroepan manufactured cars are now aiming for 5 - the maximum.
    This is safer for us all as it focusses on survivability of the passengers, not of the vehicle.
    ( There is another argument that they are NOW designing to pass the test rathe than be safer - don't know how true that is )

So you arel guaranteed to see European and Japanese cars which end up destroyed front and/or back. BUT, limited intrusion into the "passenger safety cell".

most ricers say they can beat a v8 muscle car. but it takes alot of modding to do so. with all that modding why not just buy a muscle car in the first place thing tuning up your car for more the price. ive beard of ricers saying they put a some body kits and say they can beat a F1 car. i mean F1 cars are 2000lb and lighter and have a 0-60mph in 2.2 secs. it takes over couple dozen grands to meet with that. sometimes it takes over 1million dollars of tuning to beat that.

if you think im wrong then please comment
    Well on 'ricers', a lot of them talk b***sh*t

However, you should remember that a classic muscle car has more weight in the engine ithan in the whole car of the best and fastest sportscars ! ( another over-exageration )
    Weight is king in overal performance. In straight line that weight CAN be overcome with MORE power - an easy commodity for a V8 tuner - but cannot be overcome in cornering, braking and 'chuckability'.

So no car or format is 'king'.
    Some are better for acceleration and some people like that.
    Some make greata noise and some people like THAT.
    Some handle the best and ....
    etc
    etc

Takes all kinds.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Outside of America, the car industry has ofuccsed on absorbing impact through planned deformation of the bodywork and chassis.

America cars had approached the safety angle like a tank designer. More steel is stronger and better.

The planned absorption of energy is better and safer for everyoine involved !

European cars now have star-ratings for crashes.
    I remember when the Espace was (I think) a 4 and a Ford Aero/Windstar managed 1 !
    Most new Euroepan manufactured cars are now aiming for 5 - the maximum.
    This is safer for us all as it focusses on survivability of the passengers, not of the vehicle.
    ( There is another argument that they are NOW designing to pass the test rathe than be safer - don't know how true that is )

So you arel guaranteed to see European and Japanese cars which end up destroyed front and/or back. BUT, limited intrusion into the "passenger safety cell".

Well on 'ricers', a lot of them talk b***sh*t

However, you should remember that a classic muscle car has more weight in the engine ithan in the whole car of the best and fastest sportscars ! ( another over-exageration )
    Weight is king in overal performance. In straight line that weight CAN be overcome with MORE power - an easy commodity for a V8 tuner - but cannot be overcome in cornering, braking and 'chuckability'.

So no car or format is 'king'.
    Some are better for acceleration and some people like that.
    Some make greata noise and some people like THAT.
    Some handle the best and ....
    etc
    etc

Takes all kinds.

i like the way you think lol

this thing has been keeping me kinda pissed for years of people being racist are making fun of american and european cars. ya japanese cars got the looks but does it have the power??

Some of them sure don't have the power to be compared to muscle cars.

About japanese cars' owners making fun of American and European cars I think you are wrong. The other day I was reading a post from some guy in another cars web page forum and he said something like "yeah you know what dude, a viper is way better than supras ok, SUPRAS SUX ok, a viper is faster ok and beat the !@#$ out of the supra" then he said "besides, driving a Honda is like special olympics, even if you win you still retarded"

I asked myself "What does Honda has to do with a Supra and a Viper??" I really don't know...

And well, he is right a Viper is faster, but again you gotta remember that it is a 500hp 8.3 10 cylinder against a 320 hp 3.0 6 cylinder.

I own a Honda Civic, and I have a great respect for American and European cars, and I know they are a lot faster than my car.

Since I joined this forum I have seen sooooooooooo maaaaany times posts against Honda Civics. Civics are slow, I know, but I don't own one to run, I own one because it is affordable and a good car. Even a forum member photoshopped a Saab or a Peugeot (don't remember exactly) and put "Honda Sux" as if it was a sticker or something on a side of the car.

So well, that's my opinion, I know I changed the subject a little bit, but hope you get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Some of them sure don't have the power to be compared to muscle cars.

About japanese cars' owners making fun of American and European cars I think you are wrong. The other day I was reading a post from some guy in another cars web page forum and he said something like "yeah you know what dude, a viper is way better than supras ok, SUPRAS SUX ok, a viper is faster ok and beat the !@#$ out of the supra" then he said "besides, driving a Honda is like special olympics, even if you win you still retarded"

I asked myself "What does Honda has to do with a Supra and a Viper??" I really don't know...

And well, he is right a Viper is faster, but again you gotta remember that it is a 500hp 8.3 10 cylinder against a 320 hp 3.0 6 cylinder.

I own a Honda Civic, and I have a great respect for American and European cars, and I know they are a lot faster than my car.

Since I joined this forum I have seen sooooooooooo maaaaany times posts against Honda Civics. Civics are slow, I know, but I don't own one to run, I own one because it is affordable and a good car. Even a forum member photoshopped a Saab or a Peugeot (don't remember exactly) and put "Honda Sux" as if it was a sticker or something on a side of the car.

So well, that's my opinion, I know I changed the subject a little bit, but hope you get my point.

im not talking about civics being a bad car. im talking about how people make fun of americans or europeans and some japanese cars by saying bad stuff about it without saying positive comments. civics are good economy cars
    Last edited by Chinky_boi; 03-13-2004 at 02:38 PM.

im not talking about civics being a bad car. im talking about how people make fun of americans or europeans and some japanese cars by saying bad stuff about it without saying positive comments. civics are good economy cars
    I know you never said anything bad about Civics and I appreciate it. But I said what I said because that's what I feel... Doesn't matter if it is on this forum or another forum, I always feel that environment against Hondas and it really pisses me off, cause not all Honda owners are ricers nor Hondas really suck.

Even if a Ricer owns a Honda Civic with a bunch of stickers and body kit and whatever and drives like he's the king of the streets and listens to his rap and looks at everybody like he's a gangsta.... the car still doesn't suck...... sucks for racing but not the car itself and that's a big difference and people relates everything like:

Ricers = Suck
    Ricers = Honda
    Then
    Honda = Sucks

And that's not true.

I read the other day in the USA Today that US cars have surpassed european cars in reliability but that the japanese cars are still the most reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    I read the other day in the USA Today that US cars have surpassed european cars in reliability but that the japanese cars are still the most reliable.
    Ah, USA Today that prime example of unbiased and researched reporting - NOT !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx

Since I joined this forum I have seen sooooooooooo maaaaany times posts against Honda Civics. Civics are slow, I know, but I don't own one to run, I own one because it is affordable and a good car.
    There are diffierences we've coverd already in other posts, you don't get to see the best Civics in the USA
    I can assure you they can hold their own.
    The guy pictured below was lapping at times that a LOT of sportcar owners couldnt' beat on the day !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I read a book a loooooong time ago called "Stetson" and this Senior had this old Civic that he fixed up. Anyways, have no idea how that relates other than it being a Civic...

As for the whole making fun of them... you shouldn't really care that much because they are going to have cars that suck some major @$$ too...
    Life's no fun wit'out a lil' Need Fa' Speed! ^,~

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    There are diffierences we've coverd already in other posts, you don't get to see the best Civics in the USA
    I can assure you they can hold their own.
    The guy pictured below was lapping at times that a LOT of sportcar owners couldnt' beat on the day !!!!
    Thanks Matra

Hey Niko, i dont see why you claim many people hate Hondas ?? and what puzzles me even more is how can a sane human being not LOVE Hondas ??! they are amongst the best car makers in the world.
    excllent relaibity, engines, looks, handling . . . i think that Honda is THE best car maker in Asia.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    Hey Niko, i dont see why you claim many people hate Hondas ?? and what puzzles me even more is how can a sane human being not LOVE Hondas ??! they are amongst the best car makers in the world.
    excllent relaibity, engines, looks, handling . . . i think that Honda is THE best car maker in Asia.
    I dont hate hondas but i dont like them what i dislike more are ricers attitudes to their car eg honda prelude own you...get a life...
    I will amit they make some of the greatest ecconmy cars on the market and make some fine performance cars...though i dont really like theNSX price,age and looks.
    And misho my friend looks is a very debatle issue i personally find hondas as apeealing as a leyland p76 in the looks department...thats just me though.

i dont get the point. why do people argue about who hates what and who has the best. cars were meant for transportation and not about what is faster or slower. cars were meant for taking something to point a to b. its no use having a fast car even though you can only drive 35mph or 50kmh at most times. most ricers think that way. they always think one car is always faster then another like they think there car can beat every car. ya some cars are faster then another but whats the point. you will never test out all those cars to see whose faster

Thread Information