Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: domestic vs import

Well i will admit the S2000 is a nice looking bit of gear...but like the mx-5 not exactly apealing a little too small for my likeing....

both the S2000 and the MX-5 i believe are built to excel through the twisty bits more than anything. i wouldnt mind one of the Turbo MX-5's that Tickford done a couple of years back though
    I am the Stig

American Cars are pathetic. They all fall short of the SKYLINE GTR34 which is THE GOD of CARS.

Except not.
    ----

As previously said, cars are made for a market. In most of Europe, due to harsh gas prices, cars(except for the excessively rich), need to get good gas mileage, and therefore, they almost always have a light body which corellates good handling.

American cars haven't needed the stringent economy ratings up until the current, and around the time of muscle cars, they answer to more safety was usually to cram more steel in it somewhere. And it worked, at the cost of handling and economy.

But, of course, there are exceptions to the rule. The Subaru WRX STI's Turbo 4 gets worse economy than the Corvette Z06's 5.7 Liter V8. And, the Corvette Weighs more. This isn't a fair comparison though. It's not as bad as a McLaren Vs Civic comparo, but they aren't even in the same class. One car is nearly the best performance made in America, while the other is a performance sedan, although, a very good one at that.
    ----
    There is a certain BLING that accompanies a Benz or a Bimmer. There is a BLINGITY BLING that accompanies an Escalade or H2 riding on twenty-fo spinna dubs. There's a PIMP that accompanies an old Cadillac. There's a feeling of 31337ness from driving a tricked out Subaru. Even though I didn't hit every market, every market has something to offer. Except maybe Yugo.
    Stickers add horsepower. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Doza
    American Cars are pathetic. They all fall short of the SKYLINE GTR34 which is THE GOD of CARS.

Except not.
    ----

As previously said, cars are made for a market. In most of Europe, due to harsh gas prices, cars(except for the excessively rich), need to get good gas mileage, and therefore, they almost always have a light body which corellates good handling.

American cars haven't needed the stringent economy ratings up until the current, and around the time of muscle cars, they answer to more safety was usually to cram more steel in it somewhere. And it worked, at the cost of handling and economy.

But, of course, there are exceptions to the rule. The Subaru WRX STI's Turbo 4 gets worse economy than the Corvette Z06's 5.7 Liter V8. And, the Corvette Weighs more. This isn't a fair comparison though. It's not as bad as a McLaren Vs Civic comparo, but they aren't even in the same class. One car is nearly the best performance made in America, while the other is a performance sedan, although, a very good one at that.
    ----
    There is a certain BLING that accompanies a Benz or a Bimmer. There is a BLINGITY BLING that accompanies an Escalade or H2 riding on twenty-fo spinna dubs. There's a PIMP that accompanies an old Cadillac. There's a feeling of 31337ness from driving a tricked out Subaru. Even though I didn't hit every market, every market has something to offer. Except maybe Yugo.
    Some one give this man a rep point. the rep point nazi wont let me.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Some one give this man a rep point. the rep point nazi wont let me.
    i got u covered on that one !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I've said this one often, it's a cultural thing.
    Americans are used to V8s and the idea of an engine revving is alien.

We're used to fast-revving light engines over here and some enjoy the sound of an engine doing 10000 revs.
    i resent that remark!
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Doza
    Except maybe Yugo.
    I have done some research, and I have found out that the value of a Yugo can be doubled if you fill the gas tank.
    Stickers add horsepower. I promise.

Thread Information