Thread: 500 Days!

500 Days!

Hi!

Just wanted to share this great news that I read today

Just 500 days to go to the launch of the new 500, the car that will be a symbol of 2007, and for which Fiat has planned an international operation known as “500 wants you”. It is a revolutionary project that uses the Internet from where it will extend to other means of communication, with one single goal: to involve the public in planning the evolution of Italy’s most popular runabout.

“500 wants you” will start as a huge online laboratory, where users discover the stylistic concept of the new car, express their preferences, propose ideas and contribute, for the first time in motoring history, to its creation, in a combined, active way. The www.fiat500.com site will be open to the public’s contributions and expectations, which will be assessed and possibly used during the actual development of the product.

What is more, the “500 wants you” will evolve into “500ology”, the largest online encyclopaedia of stories and pictures dedicated to the 500, written jointly with the public. Visitors will be able to enter the “Configuration Lab” to play around with and model Fiat’s concept car, and record their ideas. And there will even be a space dedicated to activities for designers, including a competition organised with Designboom (an independent web magazine for the design world) and an opportunity to create and customise the home page of the site specifically for the web designer community.

But, like many things on the Internet, the “www.fiat500.com” site is a case of work in progress, which will welcome new content, activities and initiatives, according to a plan that envisages several updates during the 500 days that precede the launch of the new car, and which will gradually be introduced over the coming months. In other words, for Fiat, “500 wants you” is an innovative, revolutionary philosophy, employed to conceive a new product, which involves designers, creative people and above all future users in the process directly: “For the first time in the history of our company, and perhaps of the motor industry as a whole, a car will be created with the public and for the public,” explained Luca De Meo, Brand & Commercial Manager for Fiat.
    Team Fiattitude

first click on the link gives the famous screen: Link cannot be displayed
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

This is the Ford Pinto/Mitsubishi 380/some other car that was way hyped up and meant to be some sort of saviour but it wasn't all over again!

Fiat are gettin' reaaaaaaal desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    This is the Ford Pinto/Mitsubishi 380/some other car that was way hyped up and meant to be some sort of saviour but it wasn't all over again!

Fiat are gettin' reaaaaaaal desperate.
    Mmmm... no actually.

The Fiat Grande Punto is this saviour car you mention, and it's doing quite well, being the best seller in Europe in January, Febraury and March. Fiat is having a good year already posting a profit in the first quarter of the year. Probably all started with the Panda, possibly the first worthy car from Fiat for years. But the Punto Mk III was the turning point, the Croma is exceeding its sales targets (though they are admiteddly modest) and the Sedici has had a good recievmente with 7000 of them ordered already and the 500 will only be another addition to the range of manufacturer that seems that's back on track.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

http://www.fiat500.com/eng/intro.asp

this is the entry page for the english version.And i don't know what you did wrong,pieter, but it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie

this is the entry page for the english version.And i don't know what you did wrong,pieter, but it worked for me.

Yesterday I received the press relase from Fiat and immediately registered. I still can't quite get the purpose and effect of the "500 wants you", but if it has to do with Fiat revivalism, I had to be in.

P.S.: How would the Abarth SS version of the new 500 look?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie

the first link above works, the second one doesn't. Depend on which one you clicked on
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Thread Information