Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cadillac CTS super V

This is a very interesting idea. With 600 horsepower and a relatively light weight this could be very good, and if it will be like the CTS-V then it will have a...what's it called? I know I've heard of them before...oh yea...a manual gearbox not a flappy paddle box. Although, I don't know if they would want it to have more horsepower than the Corvette.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    But it has a Cadillac badge.
    But it has two wheel drive!

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    But it has two wheel drive!
    And that's a good or a bad point?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'd take the RS4 anyday but it's a very intriguing point. Technically they would be in the same class or aproximately the same class. I wonder who wins? I'm rooting for the Audi though. The 4WD could help it and hinder it at the same time in the corners. The weight doesn't help but during low traction... With so much power to the rear wheels of the Cadillac would it actually be a bad thing? Its tires must be huge in order to handle that power. 4WD would even things out. This is so perplexing...

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    The weight doesn't help but during low traction... With so much power to the rear wheels of the Cadillac would it actually be a bad thing? Its tires must be huge in order to handle that power. 4WD would even things out. This is so perplexing...
    Yes the Super V has massive wheels as seen in the pictures in Autoweek, a little too big, kind of offsets everything else. Only the 378.2 cubic inches, i read that it would have the 427 you know the Z06 engine.
    The best thing to do in a car short of sex is to go faster than everyone else on the road.

life is short,
    PARTY NAKED!

If it wasn't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstopable!

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    The Audi RS4's just $66k USD and Audi has unlimited supply of those.
    Erm, the RS4 will be $94,000 USD+, and the oridnary CTS-V (50grand) evenly matched to the rs4, yet cadillac has more torque and flatter torque curve, (yet alone that) . AWD is avaliable on the lesser CTS models, what then if they convert it over.
    though the rs4 is more appealing and desirable however.

But you have to love the effort in trying from cadillac, for matching the segment in handling, balance, and performance.
    Last edited by zeta; 05-05-2006 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    I'd take the RS4 anyday but it's a very intriguing point. Technically they would be in the same class or aproximately the same class. I wonder who wins? I'm rooting for the Audi though. The 4WD could help it and hinder it at the same time in the corners. The weight doesn't help but during low traction... With so much power to the rear wheels of the Cadillac would it actually be a bad thing? Its tires must be huge in order to handle that power. 4WD would even things out. This is so perplexing...
    Its good isnt it

I actually really like that caddy its so in your face like and ugly dog wanting attention that its cool that and its really great to see them makeing something intresting.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

I'll take in Black thanks, with a big exhaust to add to the noise.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

If they can get the handling right, it could be one of the best cars ever made.

I love the looks, the engine, the idea... *drools*

I love the CTS, even the regular one. I test drove one on a cone course at a GM promotional event and couldn't believe I actually really liked it. The older Deville were pretty cool for the mid-90's. I used to think of them as kind of an Amrican Lagonda (go ahead and flame that), but there were some definite design similarities. The CTS is really a nice package, and somehow it has managed to stay away from the "thug factor" like the Chrysler 300 has fallen into. The Caddies are so nice, they make me really feel bad for Lincoln. Talk about being asleep at the wheel (Lincoln as a manufacturer, that is).

Ok it has 600HP what is the torque??

P.S. I didn't even know they had a engine bigger then the LS7 (427 Z06 engine), Unless they got a new 454

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    And that's a good or a bad point?
    I have no idea, I think there should be a 4WD (not AWD) system based like in SUVs, so rear wheels for fooling around in the street and all fours in case it gets nasty, like running away from the cops, but on that note I loved your post on the ridiculousness of FIAT.

I have no idea, I think there should be a 4WD (not AWD) system based like in SUVs, so rear wheels for fooling around in the street and all fours in case it gets nasty, like running away from the cops,...
    In my opinion simplicity is best, and as result I'd prefer RWD only, because it leaves the steering uncorrupted, and the car is better to drive because you don't get torque steer or understeer. However 600bhp is way too much for the rear wheels to handle in a luxury 4 door saloon. It'd be better if they concentrated on loosing weight rather that having silly amounts of power.
    ...but on that note I loved your post on the ridiculousness of FIAT.
    Thanks.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by pAinTrAin
    Ok it has 600HP what is the torque??

P.S. I didn't even know they had a engine bigger then the LS7 (427 Z06 engine), Unless they got a new 454
    They don't. If you read the article, you'll see that it's rumoured to be a supercharged 6.2. So torque will immense
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

actually if you read the article, theyre saying that the 2007 model will have the Z06's 505hp 7.0L V8
    ...the 600hp version will be based on the next-generation CTS and probably wont be out untill 2009

heres another source http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=109332

Thread Information