Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FXX vs Veyron vs tvr speed 12 vs ultimate aero

Quote Originally Posted by EL Nino
    Bugatti is notthing. Ferrari is the KING of the CARS!
    Way to be subtle. You're lucky I'm not banning this account seeing as I don't have definitive proof of it being Ferrari Prinze, although I'm 99.9% sure it's you.. imbecil.

Guest Guest
    look what turned up in my inbox just now:

"Dude...ur a fag.....I want to beat the living shit out of you......I got bannned because you have to be a dickhead everytime you see me on ucp....asshole....you look lik a fagget..I had only 1 alias....not 6...and wut the **** is pwned
    Fag

--chrisklein"

let me re-itterate - pwned

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Way to be subtle. You're lucky I'm not banning this account seeing as I don't have definitive proof of it being Ferrari Prinze, although I'm 99.9% sure it's you.. imbecil.
    Actually on the first part of the sentence he may have a point (unwanteddly, I know), after all, in my opinion, Bugatti is nothing more than a badge these days, and the Veyron is not even close to the class and craftmanship the 30's cars displayed. The second part of the setence is just some fantastic bullcrap, and one of the reasons the prospect of owning a Ferrari is not very enticing to me.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

As i havent had the chance p3nd
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Actually on the first part of the sentence he may have a point (unwanteddly, I know), after all, in my opinion, Bugatti is nothing more than a badge these days, and the Veyron is not even close to the class and craftmanship the 30's cars displayed. The second part of the setence is just some fantastic bullcrap, and one of the reasons the prospect of owning a Ferrari is not very enticing to me.
    Although I would agree with you prior the release of the Veyron, you have to admit that the Veyron is a fantastic piece of work. It can also be argued that Ferrari is 'just a badge', but like the Veyron, Ferrari produces some incredible cars.

I don't like any of these cars.

Although I would agree with you prior the release of the Veyron, you have to admit that the Veyron is a fantastic piece of work. It can also be argued that Ferrari is 'just a badge', but like the Veyron, Ferrari produces some incredible cars.
    I'm not saying the Veyron that isn't an amazing piece of work, it is, it's one of those cars that simply makes mankind progress (I could extend here a lot, but I don't want to). But it's simply that it has nothing to do with Bugatti (as much as the EB110 did). But I suppose that Piech Veyron wouldn't have worked as well.

Ferrari on the other hand have a coehrence in their line up, you may or may not like the cars, the badge, the manufacturer or what it represents, but all car bear a relation to the brand, the F430, the latest encarnation of the Dino series; the 599 GTB, the latest of the front engined V12 berlinettas; the 612 Scgalietti, the latest of the long tradition of 2+2 GT's; and the Enzo a pursuit of the more natural of Ferari's characteristics (speed) with the classic Ferrari V12.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm not saying the Veyron that isn't an amazing piece of work, it is, it's one of those cars that simply makes mankind progress (I could extend here a lot, but I don't want to). But it's simply that it has nothing to do with Bugatti (as much as the EB110 did). But I suppose that Piech Veyron wouldn't have worked as well.

Ferrari on the other hand have a coehrence in their line up, you may or may not like the cars, the badge, the manufacturer or what it represents, but all car bear a relation to the brand, the F430, the latest encarnation of the Dino series; the 599 GTB, the latest of the front engined V12 berlinettas; the 612 Scgalietti, the latest of the long tradition of 2+2 GT's; and the Enzo a pursuit of the more natural of Ferari's characteristics (speed) with the classic Ferrari V12.
    Well, I can deduce that you're a Ferrari fanboy, but I don't understand your Bugatti denotation. Unlike Ferrari, Bugatti had not made a car for roughly 15 years, and in result, created the fastest, most luxurious, and made arguably the most expensive modern production car in the world. The Bugatti's of old are famous for their exclusivity, price, and style, something on par with that of the Veyron.

All in all, I'm not a huge fan of the Veyron, but I do appreciate it's spec-sheet. I just feel your reasoning is a bit biased and/or flawed.

Well, I can deduce that you're a Ferrari fanboy, but I don't understand your Bugatti denotation. Unlike Ferrari, Bugatti had not made a car for roughly 15 years, and in result, created the fastest, most luxurious, and made arguably the most expensive modern production car in the world. The Bugatti's of old are famous for their exclusivity, price, and style, something on par with that of the Veyron.

All in all, I'm not a huge fan of the Veyron, but I do appreciate it's spec-sheet. I just feel your reasoning is a bit biased and/or flawed.
    Honestly I never thought someone would call me a Ferrari fanboy, as I don't consider myself one, maybe I'm wrong. Precisely owning a Ferrari is not especially high on my list of priorities, because the image associated with them, they are very fine cars I'm not denying it, but I'd prefer and other car rather than a Ferrari.

The point I was trying to make about the Veyron is that it has an air of vulgarity, that isn't what Bugatti's stand for. The point of Bugatti has never been in the spec-sheet, is the whole car, the beauty, the craftmanship, the elegance. Being the most-that, or the most-this, is just missing the point completely of Bugatti. I'm not against the car itself, I'm against calling it a Bugatti, but I just suppose that it's a VAG speciality of destroying great names. I may not like Ferraris but at least they stay true to their principles, and for me that's very important, more than performance stats.

Of course arguably the fact that the last "true" (though that's word that I don't like) was produced over 50 years ago, makes the return a lot more difficult, and Ferrari have an advantage ove Bugatti because they've been producing cars since 1948 without stopping, that admiteddly helps to not lose your identity, but for me it still is no excuse for the Veyron.
    Visca Catalunya!

The point I was trying to make about the Veyron is that it has an air of vulgarity, that isn't what Bugatti's stand for. The point of Bugatti has never been in the spec-sheet, is the whole car, the beauty, the craftmanship, the elegance. Being the most-that, or the most-this, is just missing the point completely of Bugatti. I'm not against the car itself, I'm against calling it a Bugatti, but I just suppose that it's a VAG speciality of destroying great names. I may not like Ferraris but at least they stay true to their principles, and for me that's very important, more than performance stats.
    This is part of what's wrong with the Veyron, as much as I like the car. Bugatti, having been absent from auto building couldn't have managed such an accomplished car without some help. Now the question is, will Bugatti ever be able to get away from the shadow that VAG and the all-conquering Veyron have cast on it?
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    look what turned up in my inbox just now:

"Dude...ur a fag.....I want to beat the living shit out of you......I got bannned because you have to be a dickhead everytime you see me on ucp....asshole....you look lik a fagget..I had only 1 alias....not 6...and wut the **** is pwned
    Fag

--chrisklein"

let me re-itterate - pwned
    If you havent deleted it yet, forward it this way
    I am the Stig

I think calling Ferrer a fanboy is a bit harsh - he makes far too many well thought out points, with considered arguments.

You're putting him in the league of Fezza_twat (as I like to call it) - and that isn't fair!!
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

On the Nurburgring
    TVR-Breaks down after lap 1
    Ferrari- aero kit torn off attempting to take the very tight last corner
    ultimate aero- no one has one yet.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    If you havent deleted it yet, forward it this way
    done...

Guest Guest
    oh look! another one!

"If u don't stop harrasing me on ucp wen I go 2 england this summer I am going to break ur face...I hope you understand that u brittish **** head....ur site is very corny.....and you suck a lot of dick...I looked up ur high school up online....I kno werrrrr u @
    --chrisklein "

Thread Information