6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • No (say why)

3 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reminder of what is rice and dumestic

Reminder of what is rice and dumestic

Seems like everyone these days are confusing good imports to be rice and good domestics to be dumestic or whatever the slag term is these days. These have always been the rules for me when it comes to judging cars.

These are the rules I always went by for imports and domestics.

First off a RWD/AWD fast (at least a 12sec car) import/domestic cant be rice. A slow/stock RWD/AWD import that is made to look fast but isn't IS rice. A slow/stock RWD/AWD import that is not made to look fast is NOT rice and it's just neutral meaning it cant be dumestic or rice.
    A FWD import/domestic that is fast and with a stock exterior or not over the top exterior mods is not rice and it deserves respect but it's still only a FWD grocery getter and it will never be as fast as a RWD/AWD car. A FWD import/domestic that is fast and has an outrageous exterior IS rice because it looks like shit and it's FWD so it will never be as fast as a RWD/AWD car. A FWD import/domestic that is all stock is just a daily driver and is neutral meaning it cant be dumestic or rice.

Those are the rules I follow. I also despise FWD but give respect to someone in a fast FWD import/domestic car as long as they don't have over the top exterior mods like a 3" fart can and a 12 foot high wing on a Civic.
    The most disgusting thing for me is watching a FWD car on a dyno. I absolutely hate FWD.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

If it has a body kit on it, it is rice

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Not necassarily If the car is really slow and doesn't make up for it's speedy look it is rice.If it does, it's not rice

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I won't say really slow, I would say if it's much slower than it looks and has excessive unnecessary visual mods, then it's rice.

I don't know what it is if the car doesn't look rice but comes with rice coupons.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

If more money has been spent on Show then Go its rice in my book. its not hard to improve performance but it IS easy to rice.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    If more money has been spent on Show then Go its rice in my book. its not hard to improve performance but it IS easy to rice.
    dont you mean "iits hard to improve performance but it IS easy to rice" ??

if that is what you are saying, its very true!
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Not necassarily If the car is really slow and doesn't make up for it's speedy look it is rice.If it does, it's not rice
    If the body kit looks good, like the Audi S Line body kit, then I like it

I dont have a problem with body kits. There are plenty of high end cars out there that have body kits on them, without the power increase, and they look cool.

Rice to me is as much a mentality of the driver as that of what hes done to the car. Who doesnt love deep exhaust notes - so whats the harm in putting one on your Honda Civic so you can enjoy it everyday. Now, if you think its converted your car into a Lambo-Porsche beating dream machine, then sadly, youve stepped in some rice and been affected.

Everything should be done in moderation and proportion. We all dress up to look good, but whenever you see someone who has blatently spent 15 hours spiking every last hair into the 'perfect' position, you know theres a screw loose. Same goes for cars, putting a body kit on your 1.0 litre Micra is fine by me. If it now drives 2 inches above the ground and looks more like modern art than a car then you ve been slapped by the Hand of Rice.
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by QBridge
    Seems like everyone these days are confusing good imports to be rice and good domestics to be dumestic or whatever the slag term is these days. These have always been the rules for me when it comes to judging cars.

These are the rules I always went by for imports and domestics.

First off a RWD/AWD fast (at least a 12sec car) import/domestic cant be rice. A slow/stock RWD/AWD import that is made to look fast but isn't IS rice. A slow/stock RWD/AWD import that is not made to look fast is NOT rice and it's just neutral meaning it cant be dumestic or rice.
    A FWD import/domestic that is fast and with a stock exterior or not over the top exterior mods is not rice and it deserves respect but it's still only a FWD grocery getter and it will never be as fast as a RWD/AWD car. A FWD import/domestic that is fast and has an outrageous exterior IS rice because it looks like shit and it's FWD so it will never be as fast as a RWD/AWD car. A FWD import/domestic that is all stock is just a daily driver and is neutral meaning it cant be dumestic or rice.

Those are the rules I follow. I also despise FWD but give respect to someone in a fast FWD import/domestic car as long as they don't have over the top exterior mods like a 3" fart can and a 12 foot high wing on a Civic.
    The most disgusting thing for me is watching a FWD car on a dyno. I absolutely hate FWD.
    a couple of queries:

1) what is a 12sec car. one made out of 12sec steel?
    2) i can't find any refernec to a riced domestic. a bit of bias perhaps...
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

So the Metro 6R4 and Audi Quattro S2s are RICE ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    a couple of queries:

1) what is a 12sec car. one made out of 12sec steel?
    1/4 mile times.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I think what's rice is subjective. Even if you do performance mods to a car, I think it can still be rice. If it's really over the top, and really tacky, then its still rice, regardless. If its nice, suits the car, and is well integrated into the car's design, then I wouldn't call it rice
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

So you would call this rice?

http://www.junauto.co.jp/democar/aki.../index.html?en

1200PS , good for over 400km/h.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    1/4 mile times.
    aah, the true measure of a cars performance.
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

From another thread about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    The whole "Rice" thing has gotten way out of hand. It's to the point where you can't modify the exterior of your car unless you have 400hp+. It's stupid. There is nothing wrong with changing the way a car looks, even if it's still slow. It doesn't automatically mean you go out looking for "kills" on the highway and sit in parking lots with your lights on "pimpin' it" to the latest 50 Cent album. Believe it or not, but a lot of people mod their cars because they're enthusiasts and enjoy it, but can't afford to have a fast car. So should they have to drive an ugly one, too?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information