Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hyundai Tiburon SE V6

Quote Originally Posted by QBridge
    I wasn't talking about legal racing. Name ONE event where drivers win money. There isn't any. That's why people street race and that's what I would do if I had the RWD or AWD car for it. I don't know about you all but investing money into something and not getting a return is not fun for me.

You can name all the FWD cars you want. They will never be as fast or handle as good as a RWD or AWD car so why even bother improving FWD?
    FWD is quite possibly the dumbest ****ing idea anyone could have ever come up with.
    Let's see, WRC, Formula 1, NASCAR, IndyCar, FIA-GT, Formula-BMW, MotoGP, most of the SCCA sanctioned racing, D1, etc., etc., etc.

Street-racing is stupid, and, like you said, illegal.

They will never be as fast or handle as good as a RWD or AWD car. FWD is quite possibly the dumbest ****ing idea anyone could have ever come up with.
    FWD cars handle much better than RWD/AWD family/low-level sports cars, but that doesn't mean they're as fast. Plus, the transmission allows for a roomier interior, less weight, etc.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 05-19-2006 at 11:16 PM.

To enter those events you need racing cars. You cant enter with your street car? Can you?

So until they have events with money prizes where you can enter street cars there will always be street racing.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

To enter those events you need racing cars. You cant enter with your street car? Can you?

So until they have events with money prizes where you can enter street cars there will always be street racing.
    How do you expect me to name a RACING event for drivers where a cash prize is involved if you can't use a RACING CAR?

You can argue that street racing requires a racing car too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    How do you expect me to name a RACING event for drivers where a cash prize is involved if you can't use a RACING CAR?

You can argue that street racing requires a racing car too.
    I don't expect you to name one because there isn't one. That's why like I said, there is street racing.

Street racing doesn't require a racing car. It just requires one thing. Power.

Even in a race with street cars where handling matters you can have the worst handling RWD or AWD street car ever but if you have the power to put down in the straight away you ARE gong to win regardless. Power on the rear wheels or all wheels is where it's at and that's pretty much the bottom line.

FWD can't handle power or handling. It handles my groceries and my economy daily driving.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -

I don't expect you to name one because there isn't one. That's why like I said, there is street racing.

Even in a race with street cars where handling matters you can have the worst handling RWD or AWD street car ever but if you have the power to put down in the straight away you ARE gong to win regardless. Power on the rear wheels or all wheels is where it's at and that's pretty much the bottom line.

FWD can't handle power or handling. It handles my groceries and my economy daily driving.
    And Street racing is illegal, so it's profits are comparable to drug-dealing, tax-evasion, and money-laundering. Now, using your guidelines for making money in the racing scene, I suppose I could bet $1,000 amongst friends at a local autocross. So there's my example, seeing as street-racing is the same type of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    And Street racing is illegal, so it's profits are comparable to drug-dealing, tax-evasion, and money-laundering. Now, using your guidelines for making money in the racing scene, I suppose I could bet $1,000 amongst friends at a local autocross. So there's my example, seeing as street-racing is the same type of deal.
    I actually have no problem with street racing, drug dealing, tax evasion or money laundering as long as the money doesn't come out of my pocket and as long as the money doesn't come out of my pocket it's none of my business unless of course I want that money and I make it my business.

Placing a bet a local autocross like you said sounds nice. But how long do you suppose you could do that until someone notices and bothers you? I don't think the authorities like you placing bets. It all has to be official and taxes have to be paid. You think you could place bets that high without Uncle Sam getting a piece of the pie and that is why there is street racing and drug dealing.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -

I actually have no problem with street racing, drug dealing, tax evasion or money laundering as long as the money doesn't come out of my pocket and as long as the money doesn't come out of my pocket it's none of my business unless of course I want that money and I make it my business.

Placing a bet a local autocross like you said sounds nice. But how long do you suppose you could do that until someone notices and bothers you? I don't think the authorities like you placing bets. It all has to be official and taxes have to be paid. You think you could place bets that high without Uncle Sam getting a piece of the pie and that is why there is street racing and drug dealing.
    But the chance of getting caught by cops, losing, crashing your car, or let alone killing someone is 0? I just brought up the 1000 dollar bet amongst friends as a counter-example, I never meant it to be a daily 1000+ dollar race.

I wasn't talking about legal racing. Name ONE event where drivers win money. There isn't any. That's why people street race and that's what I would do if I had the RWD or AWD car for it. I don't know about you all but investing money into something and not getting a return is not fun for me.

You can name all the FWD cars you want. They will never be as fast or handle as good as a RWD or AWD car so why even bother improving FWD?
    FWD is quite possibly the dumbest ****ing idea anyone could have ever come up with.

These are the main rules for me when it comes to cars in order from best to last.
    1st. European cars 2nd. Jap 3rd. American.
    1st. RWD cars 2nd. AWD 3rd. FWD.
    Drag racing, at the local track, you get about 600 bucks if you win your class. And this is bracket racing, so you can't say that you need a race car to win.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    And is also the cheapest, most reliable and came with the advent of the automobile.

Do you know what a racing car is?

Even in a race with street cars where handling matters you can have the worst handling RWD or AWD street car ever
    That DID NOT make sense.

but if you have the power to put down in the straight away you ARE gong to win regardless. Power on the rear wheels or all wheels is where it's at and that's pretty much the bottom line.
    Ah, do you know why the 3000GT is AWD?

FWD is cheap because like I said it's limited by handling and power and it's made to be cheap for daily driving and it's not for racing on a track or drag racing on the street.

It wont make sens if you chop my post up like a kitchen chef and read ONLY what you want to hear.
    What I said was that even in a race where there is a lot of cornering you are going to win regardless if you have power even if you have a bad handling AWD or RWD car. Massive amounts of power is always the deciding factor between victory and loss.

I actually don't understand your question about the 3000GT.
    "Why it's AWD?"
    I don't know, lets see. Because it just is AWD? Am I missing something?
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    FWD is cheap because like I said it's limited by handling and power and it's made to be cheap for daily driving and it's not for racing on a track or drag racing on the street.
    You said, and I quote, "FWD is quite possibly the dumbest ****ing idea anyone could have ever come up with." You did not say anything about racing so I did not comment on racing. FWD is great BECAUSE it's cheap and practical. It allows people like you to actually save money for more expensive RWD cars while still having the convenience of getting your mates, stuff and you around at the only speed you'd use in the city anyway. It is not a dumb ****ing idea. Obviously the fact that there are very fast and good handling FWDs does not seem to register in your brain. Just because they may be none from America does not mean the rest of the world is sleeping.

What I said was that even in a race where there is a lot of cornering you are going to win regardless if you have power even if you have a bad handling AWD or RWD car. Massive amounts of power is always the deciding factor between victory and loss.
    Man that is just stupid. I can't even comment on it. But let me ask you this: If massive amounts of power are going to win ANYWAY regardless of ''bad handling'' RWD/AWD then why just not have massive power in a FWD? Hey you have 550 bhp go and win the race. Handling doesn't matter because with "bad handling" you're bringing it down to the "level" of a FWD.

By now I hope you've realized that real "track" races aren't done on airplane runways.

"Why it's AWD?"
    I thought you'd actually ask around and find out WHY it is AWD rather than just blankly asking me if it's a trick question. Obviously there's a reason I asked you but it's clear you have no intention of learning.
    Last edited by spi-ti-tout; 05-21-2006 at 02:24 AM.

Massive amounts of power is always the deciding factor between victory and loss.
    Take a RWD American car with a load of power, lets say, the Mustang GT and let's place it against the Lotus Elise, around a track.

You tell me who will win, and then explain the difference in power.

It wont make sens if you chop my post up like a kitchen chef and read ONLY what you want to hear.

"Why it's AWD?"
    So where does the skill factor come in? The why do neons get faster times than mustangs in autocrosses?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

And for those who think that a FWD car can't be developed to go very quickly or handle extremely well, here's a couple a can. Yes, they're racing cars, but the technology involved showed what was and is possible with FWD in terms of chassis development.
    You're probably not going to believe me, QBridge, but on a tight twisty track, a Renaultsport Clio 182 is going to beat most RWD cars up to the super car catagory. Few RWD cars can outhandle the Clio. And it has a decent enough power to weight ratio (more important than just outright power) to go hard on the straights too. Read back issues of Evo if you don't believe me.
    The whole RWD, AWD, FWD debate has been done many times over. Simply put, there are pluses and minuses for each drivetrain type. And particularly on the handling question, its flys in the face of all evidence to suggest that FWD cars can't handle. They can. Full stop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

So street racing, drug dealing, tax evasion and money laundering you see no problem with, but a bet between friends you seem to?
    I am the Stig

Thread Information