Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ch 10 loses rights to V8 Supercar

Don't forget how they ****ed up the NSL coverage
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

This leaves me to wonder whats going to happen to the f1 coverage? the (poor at best) champ car coverage? and the moto gp (cant comment dont whatch) and like wise the konicas and other such classes?
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

I imagine the F1 coverage will stay at 10, probably with only the ITV commentators the whole time. This could be bad for the support series' (Carrera, Lotus', GTP) as we don't know how they are included in the broadcast deals, i.e whether the broadcast rights for them came with the V8 rights, and if they did, what requirements are put on 7 to show them. 10 always showed them on Trackside, but 7 may not be required to and it could be very bad. But if 10 kept those, which I doubt, they could increase their coverage.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if 10 went after the drags from SBS
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Apparantly Ten is going to spend a heap on rallying and F1 next year.. and the current commentators will more than likely stay where they are. In Motorsport News I saw an ad for Satelite TV for $800, I think I mite subscribe to it. get all the live stuff. Anyone else in Australia have Satelite? and I dont mean Austar or Foxtel either...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Well Id think cromly and co (funny mr woods is apprently boss but i take cromly more seriously) will go over to 7 which will be sorely missed crompton had a good habit of picking up some things or clearly explaining something the ITV blokes missed or assumed we knew.

And WRC and ARC? of course they are a diffrent company and I think they will be secure at 10.

You also missed the aussie ledgands and a handful of historic races but i dont think AVESCO would really want to break up its support races and likewise i dont think that ch10 would want the less desirable of avescos classes. Ch7 will no doubt make these races fillers for the cricket and we would be lucky to get more then an hour in an odd timeslot

Theres an idea also speedweek also has the rights for british/world f3,DTM,CAMS races (reformed procar),NASCAR,Off shore power boats and more! so if ch10 put alot more into those catigorys and ch7 kept it like ch10 intended it we could end off much better but i somehow doubt it
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

And Das i wouldent mind pay tv but I only want 1 movie channel (with the ammount i whatch tv ill find something new even on repeat central) cartoons...want grown adult doesnt like cartoons? and all 3 sports channels=hevan NASCAR,CHAMP car,IRL,V8s,DTM,LeMans,Boxing,Rugby(union &leauge) talk about good stuff.

Is that the satelite tv from overseas though? thats the one I want to get, we had the domestic pay tv and to be honest it was crap. The one I want to get is the one that gets live F1 qualifying etc...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Is that the satelite tv from overseas though? thats the one I want to get, we had the domestic pay tv and to be honest it was crap. The one I want to get is the one that gets live F1 qualifying etc...
    No what im hearing here in new I was talking domestic what this your on about

Im pretty sure its just the championship and development series going over. Everything else seems totally secure at 10, and as already said, perhaps in response, 10 will be ramping up their F1 coverage. Im hoping that means Woods and Crompton live at all the rounds, rather than at the studio filtering out all the ITV stuff
    I am the Stig

Live or not I would really like it if they got rid of the ITV comminatators all together imo if you filled up their commentry box with water youll hear them bubbling away trying to prattle on with crap untill they expire....As you might of guessed I dont like them.

Grant Denya they could do worse for a comminator he has race experiance and is good in front of the camera. And in no short terms if they put wade augner ill be very upset indead even after half an hour of brute hearing him rave makes me want to give him concrete shoes and throw him off sydney harbour

wrap him in barbed wire while ur at it too thankyou, i dont like him either, hes a grade A certified fark wit... excuse my french...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Well I dont agree with this sentiment but i reluctently agree that a good cominatator is hard to find...for example barry shene great rider,passionate ,funny and the accent sometime had me in sticthes but he had a massive flaw part of it was the fact he got a bit over excited and part of it he was better with bike then cars "he broke the thing! then thing! you know the thing im talking about" As i said i dont agree with the sentiment where i read it (geof seddon street machine said it) but hes right a good cominatator is hard to find....ch7 has the weather man dont know what their going to do when he racing...If Seto keeps himself out of a seat hes a possiblity dont like the chances of that though...

I didnt understand a single thing you just said... Damn caffeine isnt working yet... Wade Aunger isnt a good commentator. End of story. Barry Sheene was brilliant, I remember when Dougal McDougal rolled his commodore at PI, what did Barry say?... 'ere thats a right old sausage then init?' Brilliant. Crompton is good, Denyer is good but a little slow, Big Dazza Eastlake was great in his day... The good ones are few and far between. Thats why 10 would be mad to let there good one(s) go. If you ask me 7 will be pushing shit uphill with a teaspoon trying to get good commentators in there first year at least. Thats the only thing that will let them down.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    I didnt understand a single thing you just said... Damn caffeine isnt working yet... Wade Aunger isnt a good commentator. End of story. Barry Sheene was brilliant, I remember when Dougal McDougal rolled his commodore at PI, what did Barry say?... 'ere thats a right old sausage then init?' Brilliant. Crompton is good, Denyer is good but a little slow, Big Dazza Eastlake was great in his day... The good ones are few and far between. Thats why 10 would be mad to let there good one(s) go. If you ask me 7 will be pushing shit uphill with a teaspoon trying to get good commentators in there first year at least. Thats the only thing that will let them down.
    What i was saying was alot of people didnt think much of shenes comminatating (me not included) I guess im saying it a hard thing to try and find someone who a majority would agree on.

Theres alot of good people out there but their going to broadcast live! which gets rid of alot of people indeed! allan Grice he could do it....but dont be suprised if you hear his french every now and again...same with tony longhurst (he might even slug someone you never know with tony ) see their digging themselves a hole thets 6' and im expecting them to start filling.

Yeah Tony Longhurst and Paul Morris, id love ta see that again... anyone got it on video?
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Thread Information