Thread: 1966 Olds Toronado.

1966 Olds Toronado.

I was searching on Ebay the other day when i came across a 1966 olds toronado. Now im in love with this car, but i know very little about it. Im a highschool student, and probally the only teen registered to this site. I was wondering what you guys think of the '66 toronado. I considering trading my '71 chevy c10 for it. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
    Dylan

I think they're a beautiful car. When new they were a landmark design and good examples are definately collectible today

Lousy economy, not that fast. But unique and fun, with fabulous styling & fully deserving of its classic status imo

haha..believe me...your not the only teen that is a member on this site. toranados are pretty cool. their the only front wheel drive muscle cars! definatley don't look like anything else on the road either. a while ago jay leno took a toranado and made it like 700 horsepower or somethin. its sweet
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

buick riviera > oldsmobile toronado
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Cadillac Eldorado > Oldsmobile Tornado > Buick Riviera

Now on the subject: if you can afford keeping it going, definitely go for it. 1966 Olds Tornado is one of the coolest American cars around, at least IMHO.

hey man your not the only young hell raiser on here, I'm 18 and happen to drive an olds myself.
    But grab that toronado quick because 60's oldsmobiles are a rare find.
    The toronados i have heard about were pretty damn powerful and built like a tank. it will probably do 100 or so if it's the original v8 and 4-speed but some did come with a six cylider. keep in mind a car that heavy is hard to slow down.
    Horse power sells motors.
    Torque wins races.

It comes factory standard with the v8 425, and wieghs exactly 4310 pounds. According the specs it tops out at 135mph, and can do 100 mph with great ease. I found a beautifull one in virginia, but thats 2000 miles away from where i live and i doubt i can afford to geter up here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

For future reference, don't buy a car off ebay without going to see it. And even if you go to see it, you'll later find stuff that's been hacked and stupid things that are wrong with it(talking from personal experience). I'm not to sure on the reliability of those cars so I duno if it will be suitable as a daily driver.

BTW, there are lot of teenagers on here, I'm one of them.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Thankyou for the advice. But for that amount of money, i dont expect anything to spectacular. I just want the car so i can get to work, i enjoy pooring my money into money pits , take my truck for example. What car did you get off ebay?

My race car:

Looks a lot different from when I got it.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Nicely done, I dont plan on doing anything nearly as "Ellaborate"(sp?) as you did, im more or less looking for a daily driver that sticks out. I know for a fact that there is alot of issues with the FW tranny, it appearently wears out really fast, which i would belive. The seels go on the engine really quickly as well. I also know that the car is a pig on gas (10-14mpg) but my c10 is actually worse (8-12mpg). All my friends think im retarded .
    Last edited by Dacarlson; 05-21-2006 at 06:52 PM.
    Owner of a 1971 chevy c10, 450,000 miles still trucking hard

I'm curious as to why the Turbo-Hydro 400 transmission would have such a bad reputation? The chain-drive was supposed to be remarkably bulletproof as well

The '65 Buick Riviera 425 which I had for 9 years/90,000 miles was one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned. The trans on that Riv was also a TH-400, with the unique 'Switch Pitch' convertor (shared with certain Olds, eg Toronado) which also proved faultless

No idea.
    Owner of a 1971 chevy c10, 450,000 miles still trucking hard

Thread Information