Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My new C5

Very good condition .. the interior .. although it has a very nice colour .. it gives me headaches just to look at it (the maintenance part).
    "In UCP I TRUST".

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    You not only have no idea of the value of cameras, as you have no idea of the value of cars or experience to know the moment when buying a car is a clever move. And who are we to question other member's priorities?
    he has (IIRC) a Canon 1Ds Mark II...do you know how much those are? Not to mention the lenses wouter mentioned...that could easily cost more than a used midrange sedan.

and i wasn't questioning them, i was agreeing with them.

and get a sense of humor please, every post i make (smiley as in this case, or not) you're on my back about it, we already had this conversation and i though you had decided to find a new target but i guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    he has (IIRC) a Canon 1Ds Mark II...do you know how much those are? Not to mention the lenses wouter mentioned...that could easily cost more than a used midrange sedan.

and get a sense of humor please, every post i make (smiley as in this case, or not) you're on my back about it, we already had this conversation and i though you had decided to find a new target but i guess not.
    well, you may know about the prices of cameras, but you obviously have no idea about the prices of cars in Europe
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

He owns no such camera. I have a Canon 1D Mark II N.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

He has got a DSC-828 and a 20D as far as I remember....

Strange luggage rack...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Piacki_117; 05-25-2006 at 12:43 PM.

my mistake then. wouter, YOU then have the priorities straight what lenses do you have? i forgot

sorry henk, my mistake.

i think there are also price conversion issues here. in the states the "S" canon body only is $7,999, and the non "S" is still around $3,700 body only, add in some "L" lenses and you can easily spend over $10,000 on the non "S" and even more on the S

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    He has got a DSC-828 and a 20D as far as I remember....
    Me? I have a Pentax ME Super, which I don't use anymore. Any other kit comes on loan
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

iyou can easily spend over $10,000 on the non "S" and even more on the S
    that would not have bought me what you called a "mid-range sedan"

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    that would not have bought me what you called a "mid-range sedan"
    What would, lets say, a Euro-spec Honda Accord sedan run you in the Netherlands? (For our purposes let's assume it's the v6 2001 model)

my mistake then. wouter, YOU then have the priorities straight what lenses do you have? i forgot

sorry henk, my mistake.

i think there are also price conversion issues here. in the states the "S" canon body only is $7,999, and the non "S" is still around $3,700 body only, add in some "L" lenses and you can easily spend over $10,000 on the non "S" and even more on the S
    I also have some L lenses yes. Your obsession with money is a bit silly. The 1D and 1Ds are designed for different purposes.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Me? I have a Pentax ME Super, which I don't use anymore. Any other kit comes on loan

Ok. I thought the cameras which you took the photo comp pics with were yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    I also have some L lenses yes. Your obsession with money is a bit silly. The 1D and 1Ds are designed for different purposes.
    im not obsessed with money, what started as a simple humorous comment got blown way out of porportion by mcreis (as per usual)...seems like everyone's sense of humor is on loan.

they are? i suppose the 1D is for sports and the 1Ds for sports and studio work?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    What would, lets say, a Euro-spec Honda Accord sedan run you in the Netherlands? (For our purposes let's assume it's the v6 2001 model)
    I know that in GB we only get four pots, I'm guessing that goes for all of Europe.

When you said C5 I was expecting it to be a corvette.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    When you said C5 I was expecting it to be a corvette.
    Best comment of the thread so far!!

Pieter with a Corvette.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Thread Information