Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 90th Indianapolis 500

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    But what has that got to do with his helmet? I mean he has got this helmet design for ages now... It hasn't been changed, not even by/for sponsors...
    Who has just announced a MAJOR change in sponsor ?
    Ferrari !!!!

The new yellow on the suits is probably more to do with increased Shell money though as Alice are a "red" company too

After all even the great Ferrari "red" of the racing team changed when the Vodafone sponsorship was signed in favour of the Vodafone "red".

Nothing is sacred on the altar of sponsorship

EDIT:L Good point raised in outher posts .... I was forgetting the recent trend to make Monaco a "different" showcase. This might jstu be a one-off ...... WHO needs to read SChumu on the back of the overals to know it's MS ????
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-26-2006 at 12:41 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

to whoever asked about wheldon, several drivers have won back to back at indy, including recently, helio castroneves, however, no one has ever won three straight. oh and it looks like michael is looking to be sponsored by McDonald's...
    Last edited by scubasteve87; 05-26-2006 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    Also MS has a brand new red/yellow/orange overall with those stars you can find on his helmet. *UGLY!!!*.
    I'm calling "rice" mixed with some football world cup related dementia on that suit.

Two weeks ago they where sporting those "nice" vests, and now this. Shouldn't they be working on catching Renault instead of getting fashionable...
    Zag when they Zig

Back to the Indy 500.......GO SCOTT DIXON!!!
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    I'm calling "rice" mixed with some football world cup related dementia on that suit.

Two weeks ago they where sporting those "nice" vests, and now this. Shouldn't they be working on catching Renault instead of getting fashionable...
    They'll never catch Renault in the fashiony stuff, isnt that how Flav made his millions???
    Hey, after the qualy fiasco... maybe Michael should change the SchuMi to SueMe... If theres a way that guy can bend the rules to his favour then he's going to do. And, with him doing it at Monaco, I'm thinking this is his last lap around the F1 circuit and he wants to go out with a bang, and having that all time Monaco win record is the last record he wants.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    They'll never catch Renault in the fashiony stuff, isnt that how Flav made his millions???
    Hey, after the qualy fiasco... maybe Michael should change the SchuMi to SueMe... If theres a way that guy can bend the rules to his favour then he's going to do. And, with him doing it at Monaco, I'm thinking this is his last lap around the F1 circuit and he wants to go out with a bang, and having that all time Monaco win record is the last record he wants.
    Yea, I was watching that on TV and that was a really shady thing to do. First of all he took the turn on the very inside, which is not the preferred race line and then he makes little effort to make the turn after that.

Soooo, whats actually goin on with the race? Has it started? or worse, has it finished? anyone ended up on their lid? Cmon yankee race fans, whats happenen over there?
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

The race is going on right now. You can get live timing from http://www.indycar.com/timing_scoring/

Currently the reigning champ Dan Wheldon is leading under yellow flags. Come on Dan, let's have the trophy back in England again!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I see hornish won. Shame it wasnt Helio...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Yeah, Helio went out in a pretty big spectacular shunt with Buddy Rice about half way through.

My boy Wheldon was unlucky, had been in the top 2 or 3 for pretty much the entire race, then got a bit unlucky with the final yellow period and lost track position.

It was a stunning finish with Hornish beating the rookie Andretti in the final 100yards or so after Andretti had almost punted him off the track a couple of corners earlier. Thoroughly deserved victory in what was apparently the second closest Indy 500 finish of all time.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Sweet, Mario must have been happy, Michael maybe mixed in his feelings considering he was in it. How well did Andretti jnr jnr go? I mean did he do anything stupid at all?
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Sweet, Mario must have been happy, Michael maybe mixed in his feelings considering he was in it. How well did Andretti jnr jnr go? I mean did he do anything stupid at all?
    Marco did pretty darned well. I guess if you lose a race as a rookie by just 0.06 of a second then you've gotta be pretty proud of the acheivment, if a bit gutted at losing out in the end. He did squeeze out Hornish right before the end which almost ended VERY nastily, but he could've tried to do something stupid in the final metres and block Hornish who was slingshotting past him. He kept his head, kept the throttle pinned and took his narrow defeat like a man, which was nice to see from a 19 year old kid.

It has to be said he probably had more than a little help from Daddy Andretti. He was basically acting as Marco's wingman and tailgunner at times in the final stages. All totally fair though of course.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

This years Indy was a fantastic race and by far the best of the 10 i've seen live, I sat high up in turn four and was hopin for michael andretti or al unser jr. but emerged a marco andretti fan. what a drive by the rook and a fantastic finish by sam hornish jr. too bad for wheldon as his car just slipped away from him as the day went on

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve87
    This years Indy was a fantastic race and by far the best of the 10 i've seen live, I sat high up in turn four and was hopin for michael andretti or al unser jr. but emerged a marco andretti fan. what a drive by the rook and a fantastic finish by sam hornish jr. too bad for wheldon as his car just slipped away from him as the day went on
    These types of races are so much decided by cautions that they only become interesting during the last 20 laps or, as was the case now. It was really a thrilling finish, but I found it tedious to have to wait 2.5 hours to see any serious racing happening.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    It has to be said he probably had more than a little help from Daddy Andretti. He was basically acting as Marco's wingman and tailgunner at times in the final stages. All totally fair though of course.
    Im proud of the old boy then, I didnt see the race but for him to help out then yeah, that makes my cup of coffee a bit sweeter. Well done Mike. I actually think that he was a little bit dudded when he tried f1, by memory that mclaren car that year was a dog... Cant remember who his team mate was though.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Thread Information