Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The A3 :Would it really dominate?

Nice come back. Really what kind of comment is that? Crap in what area mate?

they shold supercharge it and badge it as an s or an rs.

the a3 reeks of mediocrity. its not a cheap japanese grocery getter, and it doesnt have the hype of cars like the r32 golf. im betting people can get more for what audi will sell it for.

the bimmer 1 looks sweet tho.
    Last edited by kennyknoxville; 12-05-2003 at 03:21 PM.

Unhappy

Originally posted by kennyknoxville
    the bimmer 1 looks sweet tho. [/B]
    it is but i think there wont be any 6 sylynders for this car so it might not compete with the r32 but i read that there will be the 2 siries and that should be competing with the golf

The 1 series will support 125i and 130i 6 cylinder power with the 130i developing 231 bhp. Not enough for the Golf R32 which might have up to 300 bhp by the time the 1 series comes out.

Angry

I beleive BMW could do way better then this for ex look at the M3 it s a 6 sylinder car with much more horspower so i think if that is the case they might not have designed this car to compete with the golf

I beleive BMW could do way better then this for ex look at the M3 it s a 6 sylinder car with much more horspower so i think if that is the case they might not have designed this car to compete with the golf
    Of course BMW could do better than this, most car manufactures can always better themselves, getting more poewer from the engine for example. However they have to fix a price so that it wont be to expensive and have no chance in the market.
    Performance can Seduce

Question

Originally posted by Alfahollic
    Of course BMW could do better than this, most car manufactures can always better themselves, getting more poewer from the engine for example. However they have to fix a price so that it wont be to expensive and have no chance in the market.
    i guess you are right but still adding a biyt more hp wont affect the frice much

It is designed to compete with the slightly more prestige cars like the A3 and the C-Class Coupe. This is like say the difference between, the family class, Mondeo, Vectra, etc, and the compact exec class, 3-Series, C-Class, etc

New S3

According to CAR magazine in the UK,the new S3 has just been confirmed as a 2.0-litre 4,turbo with 260BHP 0-62 in 6.5 and a top speed of 155mph.Seems hardly worth it i think a re-map's in order!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kinan.f
    Audi has unveiled the top model of the A3 range & surprisingly it isn't named after its predecessor (the former S3).Instead,it is called the A3 3.2 Quattro leaving the door open for some rumours that an S3 or even RS3 model with 300bhp V6 will be on roads in a couple of years time.

For now you should convince your self with its 250 bhp V6 unit with top speed of 258 kmh with a choice of six-speed transmissions - manual or DSG (Direct Shift Gearbox) and the latter has proved to be foolproof(adapts to the way the driver demands power from the engine:traffic jam,highway,...etc).
    Downsides of this car are,according to TopGear,are its brakes & its steering.You may refer to TG website for more details.
    Otherwise,the car is comfortable,solid,....etc as a good 3dr hatch should be.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ozi
    all audi cars are to expensive for what they give (performance, looks...) and it goes from bottom to top: A2 is the worst, A3 is chaos (1.8 T quatro costs 30 000 euro in croatia), A4 is relativly ok, A6 is very good and A8 is great... not to mension TT. its BS exept bi-moto that one is ok

but audi is better than bmw

AAAAAAMMMMMAAAANNNNNN!!!! OZI.......

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh com on man look at it it s the coppy of
    VW GOLF.
    even though the golf will stay the best in this catagory
    The A3 is a Golf underneath, it’s a higher class golf… and yes it is much better... ,for what it is… the A3 is better then the golf without a doubt, but the golf is better over all due to the prices of both cars… I love the Audi A3 design and I think it’s the best looking small car…
    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! Renault F1 :)

I myself drive an Audi A3.

It's a great car, really, fast, good looking, good quality, good handling, great brakes.

It has not much space, neither as sportback nor as "normal" version, and yes, it's more expensive then a Golf.
    But I never cared about that....

Right now I am about to choose the BMW 120d as my next car instead of the Audi A3 2.0 TDI.

Why? I like the opportunity to own a rear drive car!

Friday, September 18th is the date for the release here in good ol' Germany, and I am already looking forward to that date and a test drive.

After that, I will ofcourse share my feelings with you.

BTW, I don't like the Golf - and yes, it's quite expensive as well for a "Volkswagen". And the quality for sure has decreased form the Golf IV to the Golf V.
    Michael and Ferrari - Sempre il numero 1!
    You can never go plenty fast enough...

Quote Originally Posted by RedWingsFanG
    I myself drive an Audi A3.

It's a great car, really, fast, good looking, good quality, good handling, great brakes.

It has not much space, neither as sportback nor as "normal" version, and yes, it's more expensive then a Golf.
    But I never cared about that....

Right now I am about to choose the BMW 120d as my next car instead of the Audi A3 2.0 TDI.

Why? I like the opportunity to own a rear drive car!

Friday, September 18th is the date for the release here in good ol' Germany, and I am already looking forward to that date and a test drive.

After that, I will ofcourse share my feelings with you.

BTW, I don't like the Golf - and yes, it's quite expensive as well for a "Volkswagen". And the quality for sure has decreased form the Golf IV to the Golf V.
    I wish I lived in Germany so can drive on the AUTO BON you lucky dude...I work for Audi here in U.S and we are not getting the coupe only 4 door hb that is to baddddddd!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ups, that is really bad.
    The 2-door A3 is a beauty, for sure.
    And yes, you can use all of it's horspower on the Autobahn, of course only if there is no traffic jam.

But I am sure that the BMW 120d will be awesome, too.
    Michael and Ferrari - Sempre il numero 1!
    You can never go plenty fast enough...

Quote Originally Posted by RedWingsFanG
    Ups, that is really bad.
    The 2-door A3 is a beauty, for sure.
    And yes, you can use all of it's horspower on the Autobahn, of course only if there is no traffic jam.

But I am sure that the BMW 120d will be awesome, too.
    my cousin lives in GERMANY, BERLIN he has the s3 and his brother has the rs4 there not to crazy for the BMW they say that Audi is a much better car....

Thread Information