Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Undisguised VE Commodore/Statesman pics at Carpoint

Undisguised VE Commodore/Statesman pics at Carpoint

Go to www.carpoint.ninemsn.com.au for fully undisguised photos of the new VE Commodore/Statesman. It looks pretty smart, and the bodykit is more agressive than I thought.
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

Your not wrong it is actually a sleeker version of what we currently have imo...and i like the way the spoilers are a tad too big and only just a little gaudy

And lol i only read your avatar newzelanders who dont support greg murphy .i was wondering when id meet one.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

looks a little odd... like the rear wheel is too far forward or the boot sticks out too much..i don't know..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Probably courtesy of the ultra short front overhang, making the rear out of proportion.

IMO theyve ruined an otherwise nice looking car with that rear spoiler. It overhangs WAAAY too much over the back, and with an already high bootline, having it flick up so much is a bit suspect.

If those wheels are really 19-20 inch, the car's going to look huge in person, not smaller as theyre suggesting IMO. Already the previous pics have clearly shown a high waistline, which just adds to the chunky look.

Those LWB headlights are screaming rape by Daewoo...Just compare them to a Lacetti...The LWB otherwise looks absolutely huge in some of those pics. Im not convinced thats a good thing. Size still equals bad economically to alot of people, so that wont do the marketing team any favours.

From some views, the headlights of the SWB still look alot like the VZ, but they definately flow into the bodywork ALOT better. Interestingly, some of those rear shots really seem to minimize the rear overhang. You'd still easily confuse the car with a 380 from the A pillar rearwards though...
    I am the Stig

I tell you that rear wing is that large to give the rear a bigger look then it has, I would love to see the base shots thats what everyone will be most serious of because it's probably the one that many can afford to buy.

Statesman looks alright big looking car big boot space by the look of it.
    The VE white don't do it any favours it's bright did notice there was 3 letters on the rear door so that will be the SS-V ?
    The VE is defiantly more on the aggressive side then ever before.

My local holden dealers on Saturday coming home from the footy had the showroom all cleaned out of everything they had security guards there with suits going around talking i was thinking whats coming???? If they windows get blocked up it's there forsure and I'm going to sneak in and have a look with camera of course

Love to know how they got them pics from the looks of it were they up high like maybe a chopper over Lang Lang??

In this pic it's bloody long and has a touch of the 300c look to it does anyone see that?.
    Last edited by SlickHolden; 06-05-2006 at 07:34 AM.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Irk.

Detail work makes the whole picture unhappy.

Not looking promising....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    The VE white don't do it any favours it's bright did notice there was 3 letters on the rear door so that will be the SS-V ?
    Could be SV6
    I am the Stig

This is a first im the minority and im saying nice things about a commadore (first one i really liked since 88) i wonder if the sky is going to fall soon
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

I like it. The spoiler looks like the current SS one, just a bit further back
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Well the white doesnt do it any favours at all, lol that spoiler is damn huge! Its chunky, bigger than i thought and the design wasn't as free flowing as I had hoped it would be. Something about the chunky look of it from certain angles puts me off alot, whilst other angles, noteably the side angle are allrite. LWB is fine, save for the front end, hating the grille and headlights, cheapo daewoo rip off.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

I didnt like the look a great deal of the statesman myself front on, But then was thinking this is the overseas version maybe?
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

if the alloys on the SS are 19's or 20's then that thing is going to be bigger than an S Class

what is more likely is that they are 18's, with 19's and 20's being reserved for HSV models, so the car doesnt look as big as people are suggesting, also without the guady wing that SS version would look wicked...

The 19's look like theyre gunna be the stockers on the SS, with 20's a HBD option..
    I am the Stig

HBD options....hope you have a mint handy cheap to buy from delaership but replacement parts will near make you shit (and i AM not kidding )

!9s are not a brilliant idea on something that supposed to be meainstream the poor blokes at motor will be inundated wingeing about expensive tyres...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    HBD options....hope you have a mint handy cheap to buy from delaership but replacement parts will near make you shit (and i AM not kidding )

!9s are not a brilliant idea on something that supposed to be meainstream the poor blokes at motor will be inundated wingeing about expensive tyres...
    and that reason alone will ensure that the SS has 18's as standard with the option of 19's being a possibility, but not a certainty...

Thread Information