Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Undisguised VE Commodore/Statesman pics at Carpoint

It looks like a comfalcamryC. bit of everything in there.
    The Datto will rage again...

you mean Comfalcamry380?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

comfalcamry380C
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    comfalcamry380C

lmfao commo's gone multicultural on us hahaha, too much of everything in my books does more bad than good
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

The LWB's are probably the best example, bit of 380 at the back, bit of Daewoo Lacetti in the front, bit of MB CLS in the sides. Multiculturalism in our car industry
    I am the Stig

Snuck a few good pics on-line. First 2 interior pics show a higher mounted TFT screen might be LWB?.
    And some pic i don't think we have seen yet. The red car behind what looks to be the SS-V looks allright might be a Calais or berlina?.

"Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

OK I am probably going to cop critism from fanboys for this, but I think this is a dismal (exterior) attempt.

The car overall resembles a refreshed VZ. Nothing more. Unlike in previous 'all new' models, it looks the same as the last model. (Ofcourse it has different proportions and details, but it is frighteningly similar to the VZ)

The statesman has a nice glasshouse, a pretty-ish face and an overhang that is longer than a freakin' Barina!! And speaking of the barina, has anyone noticed a certain similarity between the two? The pictures will do the talking:

I'll tell you all right now, that statesman is a bloody korean. Even elements from the front scream daewoo.

-------------------------------------

The SS looks good, but not that good (If it is infact an SS)

IMO the front looks very disappointing. It looks like a VZ on steriods. And those huge wheel arches dont do it as much justice as I would have thought.

That spoiler is ugly.

My disappointment with the SS/ SV-? is prpobably due to the fact that its white. IMO the second car in the following picture (although blurred) looks fantastic:

But ATM that SS makes me want to curl up in a ball and commit suicide.

Ive been quite harsh, although I havent been biased. These are my true thoughts on the car. Overall it looks like quite a solid entry, but you have to ask yourself does 1 billion $$ get you that kind of 'evolution' (not revolution, as Simcoe likes to put it). If you look at the car from a distance its a VZ.

I will stress that my current conclusions are preliminary. And BTW, those shots could not have been taken by just anyone...There are shots from angles that you would only get from a chopper
    Last edited by adrenaline; 06-06-2006 at 12:22 AM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

There's a good reason for VZ-ness. The VZ wagon and ute are carrying over, and Holden doesn't want them looking completely different. I must say though, the LWB pic looks like a VZ crossbred with an SRT8, and the red car looks a lot like a Buick concept from a few years ago.

As for it looking Korean, these cars have been designed to be international designs for export markets, and different markets have different tastes. Holden has designed a car to suit Australian design tastes as well as international ones.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I was going to mention that the wagon variants and utes are carry over and the fact that its lining up for export...which is fair enough. But really...this is an aussie car! In most aussie bogans minds this is THE aussie car. I thought holden had australia in mind when they were designing the car. Obviously their aim has been to make it exciting and plain...at the same time!! The only thing that'll be international with ford's E8 (orion) is maybe a corporate face (which i still cant work out)
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

The statesman in the pic is a overseas version. It has a chev badge on it middle east car there.

The SSX VZ Monaro Front is a good idea as it will fit onto current VZ's very easy.
    But i see no true VZ in it's base design. The VZ in looks are the throw away parts that will be replaced in years to come.
    Here are 2 VE's with a VYII SV8 in-front of them both.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Yeah and in some bogan minds its the ONLY Australian car. Just have a look at LS1.com.au and some people genuinely see no alternative on the market to a Commodore....

I agree though, the Statesman was made to fit into the rest of the Daewoo rejects. The headlights are a clear sign of that, and even the gaps in the bumper share a resemblance to the Lacetti
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    I still cant make out if the second car is the same as the first....the window baseline seems to deviate from a straight line whereas with every VE shot we have seen its dead straight....maybe light reflection? (And then theres the fact that it has a different stance... )

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    some people genuinely see no alternative on the market to a Commodore....
    Thats a sad thing...If my name was Tom Gorman i would run an advertising campaign telling australia where holdens really come from!!! (actually thats a good idea)
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Thats a sad thing...If my name was Tom Gorman i would run an advertising campaign telling australia where holdens really come from!!! (actually thats a good idea)
    Australia? Zeta has been pretty much completely developed by Holden, and a fair bit of the Alloytec they was designed by them. Plus, at least Holden can claim some Australian heritage/roots with Holden Body Builders, whereas Ford really has none.

But if you're taking people's opinions on cars in this class from LS1.com.au KOS, you can expect a bit of bias
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 06-06-2006 at 03:46 AM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

where holdens really come from!!!
    I am not targeting the commodore...although technically over half of the parts will come from over seas....im talking about all the new cars theyre bringing in...the daewoo barina, daewoo vecta (magnus), daewoo Captiva etc.... Its ironic that they advertise a korean barina and say "Holden means alot to australia"....

(edit) Who ever I talk to about the barina, they think its a pure australian car..because thats the way holden are marketing their brand when really its quite the opposite....
    Last edited by adrenaline; 06-06-2006 at 04:13 AM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    How big is the smile on that guys face?!
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

Thread Information