Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Undisguised VE Commodore/Statesman pics at Carpoint

Those inner doors scream territory...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

!! The following is NOT a commodore (It IS Zeta though...) !!

Apparently its a zeta...look at the wheel arches and general body shape...looks like it has ties with the commodore...(BTW its a chevy malibu)
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

ummm...when I saw this on an American site, it said it was an Impala replacement.
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

It looks like a mazda 6 that was hit by the ugly stick
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    That was the R5, which pretty much was a major peak at what the BA's interior would be like
    Also apprently ran a similar AWD setup we currently see in the territory.

The concept rang true a few years later yet the concept failed to draw a croud....funny how holden had a psycadellic looking pannel van which made a splash but flopped later.

Also slick the AV looks similar but had AU sized versions of the BA headlight (similar but slightly diffrent to the r5) and had a much more open mouth front too it.

One thing thats more fondly remberd was a hilliers coupe conversion of the AU which was a real nice conversion and for those wanting to splash out they even had conversion to SVT style motors with larger a twinscrew suprcharger (for that option you would at least have to be screwing the bank managers daughter) which was partially supported by ford but ditched when the ba came around sadly.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

mmm....bank manager's daughters..

*drools*

uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

Well it wasnt just the BA, it was the Territory as well as both more or less were put into full development around 1999. Both of which were a total $1B investment, but Ford did get the majority of the funds for the Territory from America, so yeah they wouldve been feeling it more from the BA.
    I am the Stig

Now the though comes if america invested say 1/2 a billion into the territory did they do it to save ford aus or because they where intrested in it? (likly both) but if it could be used in america i cant see why they dont just doit rather then carrying that horrible explorer

But one thing i just thought of is that world cars rarely work look at the J car (camira) and even the rebadged barinas and astras and such they are rarely well liked outside of europe and their parts are exorbantly priced whats to say the zeta platform will hit the mark its already been met with some incredibly varied responses from the country it was primarily designed in

How true why can't FoMoCo invest half of the money into the territory and use it globally like GM with statesman?. Then ford like holden can use more of there own $$$$ in there own market of cars but still use these other cars but not invest as much but make them as good.

I think that white car was confirmed as a FWD car not 100% on that but.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Also apprently ran a similar AWD setup we currently see in the territory.

The concept rang true a few years later yet the concept failed to draw a croud....funny how holden had a psycadellic looking pannel van which made a splash but flopped later.

Also slick the AV looks similar but had AU sized versions of the BA headlight (similar but slightly diffrent to the r5) and had a much more open mouth front too it.

One thing thats more fondly remberd was a hilliers coupe conversion of the AU which was a real nice conversion and for those wanting to splash out they even had conversion to SVT style motors with larger a twinscrew suprcharger (for that option you would at least have to be screwing the bank managers daughter) which was partially supported by ford but ditched when the ba came around sadly.
    This must be the car i seen on one of the local mags it wasn't bad. But i guess what was the AU1 was to be it's downfall no matter how much better they made it, The AV would have been a pretty good upgrade with a slight BA rear.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    How true why can't FoMoCo invest half of the money into the territory and use it globally like GM with statesman?. Then ford like holden can use more of there own $$$$ in there own market of cars but still use these other cars but not invest as much but make them as good.
    The BA architecture wasn't designed with LHD in mind, strangely.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Neither was the mustangs but they made it work with various levels of sucsess but the way i look at it a slight compramise in footwell space and some various other bits and peices (possibly but not garenteed) or a compramise on vehicles driveng some of those similar sized fwd cars which can aptly be described as rubbish....I can tell you what id prefer

For those of you interested I have a couple of pics of the CAD computer images of the VE Commodore. I don't know whether I can upload them or not due to legal reasons. Can someone let me know if I can upload them or not. They were emailed to me during the week from a friend (who by the way doesn't work for Holden) but is an engineer. I really want to share it all with you but I don't want to get into trouble.

If there computer images they might already be here if it's a couple of VE's SS Executive wagons Utes etc.
    If there not allowed here they will be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    I guess they will make LHD if there is a market for it, But on the territory if someone invest half in it then they can do more with it. Like the VE really isn't as similar to the statesman as it has been in the past. Because of the extra funds they got because of the overseas market.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    If there computer images they might already be here if it's a couple of VE's SS Executive wagons Utes etc.
    If there not allowed here they will be removed.
    Here are the pics I have. Hopefully they haven't been posted before. Enjoy!

Thread Information