Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mclaren tuned Viper headed for production

They are also claiming that this tuned Viper will be a bridge for the 06-08 model, seeing as how there will be no official Viper presented for 2007.
    http://www.srtmopar.com/hemiblog/?permalink=1020
    Last edited by Viper007; 06-07-2006 at 09:54 PM.

If that article is accurate, Dodge are pretty stupid. They're gonna skip an MY07 model, but have the MY08 come out at pretty much the start of 2007. And instead of using that enormous V10, why don't they build a new 440 and get McLaren to tune that
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    If that article is accurate, Dodge are pretty stupid. They're gonna skip an MY07 model, but have the MY08 come out at pretty much the start of 2007. And instead of using that enormous V10, why don't they build a new 440 and get McLaren to tune that
    Yup, I'm with you. I hate v10s. It made me hate Dodge. Not hate, but dislike some of their trucks. Made Ford compete, thus getting rid of their 460s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod_C
    Yup, I'm with you. I hate v10s. It made me hate Dodge. Not hate, but dislike some of their trucks. Made Ford compete, thus getting rid of their 460s.
    It's not that I hate V10s, it's just that they have a HUGE engine in it, when a V8 would do, and still make it fit within the American tradition of sportscars. I mean why not get McLaren to spec the 6.1 SRT V8 right up, increase the displacement etc.? That would make a big selling point for the 300C SRT8 and the other cars that use it, as well as giving the Viper some more credibility overseas, and probably help the handling not having that huge lump up front
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Yeah, it's a good idea. Some things Dodge does is goofy but they always try the big change. I would rather see a high HP v8 in the car also. But I'm not on the design team.

Thread Information