Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I saw an enzo IN QUEANBEYAN!

I saw an enzo IN QUEANBEYAN!

Now this is well and truely weird on my walk to the gym last week about 5:40pm when i was about to cross the bridge i saw a ferrari enzo in queanbeyans main street!

The Canberrans will get it but for those not in the know queanbeyan is not part of canberra (just really close) and is considerd a real poxy rough area (i agree on the poxy part but its not as rough as oaks estate) its not an imposible thing but its really weird.

And i cant rember who said it but they winged at me and said you will never say its ugly when you see one in person but NEWSFLASH its ugly but i wi;l admit it sounded pretty good.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Woah, thats pretty amazing, what was it doing? Driving, parked or on a transporter?
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Haven't seen one in the flesh (besides an autoshow) yet, must be quite cool.. that and a Pagani or Veyron. Seeing a CGT was great by itself.

Haha, that's weird but cool! Queanbeyan's where Mark Webber's from right?
    - IS250fied -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    Woah, thats pretty amazing, what was it doing? Driving, parked or on a transporter?
    Well he did say it sounded great... I have only really seen one exotic car in my life (on road) and it was a murcielago so an enzo would be cool to see even if it is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by fa22_raptor
    Haha, that's weird but cool! Queanbeyan's where Mark Webber's from right?
    Yes, he is.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

It was driving and as i said its sounded fantastic and it was really dark to so i had to blink a few times while it was comming towards me and then i heard it and looked over my shoulder to see round brake lights while it turned left it also bounced when it crossed a line in the tarmac the suspension must be hell hard in it .

One more reason why im mentioning it is last time i recalled they wernt able to be registerd in this country? i could be wrong of course it could explain why this car was drivan at night and through qbn (backroads and its easy to pass through canberran industrial areas from there) and yes I have hardly been so damn shure of anything.

And yes Queanbeyan is where mark webbers from old man webber owns a local car yard (bridge motors) thats tacked onto a mechanics/tyre and shop and petrol station...I met him when i was going to test drive a series II rx7 to my suprise it was already sold but he gave me a card i enquired about the name and we talked for near an hour (so it defintly wasnt a dissapointing trip) and when i was a spare parts enterprator i also had some dealings with him

Canberras not a huge place and a very tight auto industry so ive also met both the bates brothers (and got a shirt autographed by neal one time he came in for some filters) and ive met dale brede when he ran canberra fleet and wholesale...any wonder why i enjoyed my spoare parts job hey
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    It was driving and as i said its sounded fantastic and it was really dark to so i had to blink a few times while it was comming towards me and then i heard it and looked over my shoulder to see round brake lights while it turned left it also bounced when it crossed a line in the tarmac the suspension must be hell hard in it .

One more reason why im mentioning it is last time i recalled they wernt able to be registerd in this country? i could be wrong of course it could explain why this car was drivan at night and through qbn (backroads and its easy to pass through canberran industrial areas from there) and yes I have hardly been so damn shure of anything.

And yes Queanbeyan is where mark webbers from old man webber owns a local car yard (bridge motors) thats tacked onto a mechanics/tyre and shop and petrol station...I met him when i was going to test drive a series II rx7 to my suprise it was already sold but he gave me a card i enquired about the name and we talked for near an hour (so it defintly wasnt a dissapointing trip) and when i was a spare parts enterprator i also had some dealings with him

Canberras not a huge place and a very tight auto industry so ive also met both the bates brothers (and got a shirt autographed by neal one time he came in for some filters) and ive met dale brede when he ran canberra fleet and wholesale...any wonder why i enjoyed my spoare parts job hey
    I think Ferrari (like many other exotics) have some leeway when it comes to regulations, like Lotus has here with it's airbag deployment. I'd bet it's been road-legal due to some compromise/clause in its safety regs.

EDIT: Hehe, 8999 posts. I'm scared to post now.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 06-06-2006 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I think Ferrari (like many other exotics) have some leeway when it comes to regulations, like Lotus has here with it's airbag deployment. I'd bet it's been road-legal due to some compromise/clause in its safety regs.
    There used to be some really good small import rules (which allowed for alot of small build grey import jap and american cars come to our shores) but the rules changed and come to think about it tarmac rally and all out rally cars that cant normally be registerd can get permit so nothing impossible.

We also had the dutton tarmac rally cars here and i got plenty of pics of them ill post them one day (like those summer nats photos i owe you lot)

What colour was it? IIRC there's only like 2 in Oz, Lindsay Fox's Red w/ yellow roofed one and yellow one. Sauc3 will know. But an Enzo is not road-registerable. The import rules dictated which cars could be imported and registered, but they still had to pass rego. An Enzo would be too low and too loud.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

ive seen an enzo twice. if you think its ugly you should see the FXX. saw it at a motorshow once & its amazing. a carrera GT, Zonda F & veyron are pretty good looking in real life too.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

theres ways around those rules though, club rego's and stuff like that. Depends where you 'live'. I know in the Territory its easy as to get just about anything regoed if you know the guys in the shed... Im glad I know em, has been handy sometimes. Most things that are a bit dubious usually cost a slab extra to register. For those who dont know what a slab is, dont bother tryen to register a club car in Darwin...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Well the place we had my fathers datsun 1000 registerd in let be illegal for around 28 years before he had to get (ever so slightly) stricter on us we finally had to install washer bottle in it (among other obvious things) so that much does not suprise me in the least.

And classy last count i rember there was 8 orderd for the country and a small number still allocated....despite the fact they couldent be registerd here they sold extremly well and it was red although for the most part it was a black sillouette the front was unmistakeable.

[QUOTE=The_Canuck] I have only really seen one exotic car in my life (on road) and it was a murcielago [QUOTE] That's it? I've seen Murcielagos, Gallardos, 360 Modenas, Acura NSXs (really rare in Canada), Bentley Continental GTs, Aston Martin DB9s and V8 Vantages...all on the road...theres a lot of rich people down in Vancouver...
    p.s. why is an Enzo in the Aussie car section?

Because it was seen in Australia.

Its somewhat of a rarity.

Also, it was seen in a small town, not where rich folk live.
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

Thread Information