Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I saw an enzo IN QUEANBEYAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx
    Also, it was seen in a small town, not where rich folk live.
    That just made me laugh so much
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

IIRC the biggest issue with the Enzo was it was LHD only
    I am the Stig

Given that case all the territorys in this country (ACT and NT) and WA are alot more lax on LHD cars even alowing the sale of brand new lhd cars easier rules on imported ones and if its over 30 years its very simple indeed to register them.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

too bad the Enzos didn't come to Canada or US...due to the rules of the crash tests. I think 5 cars have to be tested before it is allowed to enter...that already demolishes 9/10 of all the Enzos in the world.

My brother seen one down here a little back, He said it was also ugly bloody big.
    But engine sound he said it was kind of like missing till it opens up did you here that?.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    What colour was it? IIRC there's only like 2 in Oz, Lindsay Fox's Red w/ yellow roofed one and yellow one. Sauc3 will know. But an Enzo is not road-registerable. The import rules dictated which cars could be imported and registered, but they still had to pass rego. An Enzo would be too low and too loud.
    Quite interested in the colour also.

I personally have seen the 2 you just mentioned, and I know of a red Enzo that's 100% in Australia as well.
    I had a chat with the gentleman who was in charge of the Fox Collection exhibit earlier this year (saw him again at the grand prix), and he said that there were apparently 11 Enzos in Aus, 1 in NSW, 1 in WE and 9 in Victoria. Now obviously, I'm not sure how reliable this is, it seems a bit odd that there's 11 Enzos in Oz, let alone 9 in VIC alone.
    Also for anyone at the Melbourne Motorshow several years ago and saw the "Enzo" concept, I'd love to have some pics of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    too bad the Enzos didn't come to Canada or US...due to the rules of the crash tests. I think 5 cars have to be tested before it is allowed to enter...that already demolishes 9/10 of all the Enzos in the world.
    You might wanna work on your maths a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    IIRC the biggest issue with the Enzo was it was LHD only
    If there's the off-chance that you manage to register a LHD car (club plates, historic registration - pre 1988, etc.) you are required to put the sticker with "LEFT HAND DRIVE VEHICLE" or something similar on the rear of the car. Saw a Cadillac CVT or something like that the other day with the sticker on the rear. In other words, I have no idea exactly what you have to do to get it registered.
    Enzos though, are not able to be registered.
    Last edited by Sauc3; 06-07-2006 at 04:15 AM.

there are quite a few rich people in quangers...
    probly noone who will buy an enzo though

also it has to considered that it is the gateway from canberra to the coast so if it was on the main street it was probably passing though

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3
    If there's the off-chance that you manage to register a LHD car (club plates, historic registration - pre 1988, etc.) you are required to put the sticker with "LEFT HAND DRIVE VEHICLE" or something similar on the rear of the car. Saw a Cadillac CVT or something like that the other day with the sticker on the rear. In other words, I have no idea exactly what you have to do to get it registered.
    are you sure about the sticker? i've seen a LHD El Camino, mustang, and a camaro with no sticker..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

:....

(I don't care it's not rotated, I can't be stuffed fixing it )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quite interested in the colour also.

I personally have seen the 2 you just mentioned, and I know of a red Enzo that's 100% in Australia as well.
    I had a chat with the gentleman who was in charge of the Fox Collection exhibit earlier this year (saw him again at the grand prix), and he said that there were apparently 11 Enzos in Aus, 1 in NSW, 1 in WE and 9 in Victoria. Now obviously, I'm not sure how reliable this is, it seems a bit odd that there's 11 Enzos in Oz, let alone 9 in VIC alone.
    Also for anyone at the Melbourne Motorshow several years ago and saw the "Enzo" concept, I'd love to have some pics of it.
    11 does seem mighty high. I can understand there being one in WA, probably belongs to a mine owner, that'd be a great place to own one, just blasting round the desert. But 9 in Vic, somehow I don't think so.

The LHD must differ everywhere. I too have spotted many LHD cars round Canberra, mostly old American cars, with no sticker, but have seen a Civic one Danish number plates with a LHD sticker. Who knows?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    The LHD must differ everywhere. I too have spotted many LHD cars round Canberra, mostly old American cars, with no sticker, but have seen a Civic one Danish number plates with a LHD sticker. Who knows?
    i just remembered seeing a red mustang with a LHD sticker on it down by the bayside...yet others out and about with out a sticker, including one at a tyre place lol the beuracrats must change the law from car to car
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i just remembered seeing a red mustang with a LHD sticker on it down by the bayside...yet others out and about with out a sticker, including one at a tyre place lol the beuracrats must change the law from car to car
    It's probably just different inspectors in different places caring less than in others
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    My brother seen one down here a little back, He said it was also ugly bloody big.
    But engine sound he said it was kind of like missing till it opens up did you here that?.
    I didnt get the missing part of course he was lightly on the throttle while going past me...the engine didnt sound big (despite the fact they are) but it was real meaty it sounded "like" a smaller formula car (think f3 or f3000) while im haveing trouble describing it i will safely say it is a distinct sound and one i think would be near impossible to replicate so well (the nice drone a v8 is more pleasing to me but this engine had a note that had an infective excitment to it ) and im shure everyone knows my feelings on ferrari they arnt as strong as they used to be i still say there are things i would rather own but the sound that car had was enviable if i won 24mil on the lotto id consider buying one just to start and rev it.

And clutch monkey I wish your joke wasnt almost accaurate it makes it so confusing and the exact rules are hardly ever the same every year
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

So what was the colour?

Red Didnt i say that earlier?

edit:i read over it it I didnt

Thread Information