Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: World Cup - Germany 2006 - Knock out stage

and..

Last edited by adamfraser; 07-12-2006 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    The Zidane incident however unfortunate took nothing from Zidane. Other than a few, most people are siding with Zidane, saying what did Materrazi do to provoke him. Afterall, Zidane is one of the world's best footballers ever and tattoo-boy is just a foul-drawing fool...
    The incident does nothing to detract from the fact that Zidane was a footballing genius. However, what it does do is remind everyone of the deeply unsavoury side of Zidane's character. Instead of people marking his move to retirement with eulogies about his incredible talent, they are now digging up the ghosts of his 14 career sending offs which include some frankly horrific fouls. Sadly the incident serves to remind everyone that he has a very dark, malicious side to his character.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    The incident does nothing to detract from the fact that Zidane was a footballing genius. However, what it does do is remind everyone of the deeply unsavoury side of Zidane's character. Instead of people marking his move to retirement with eulogies about his incredible talent, they are now digging up the ghosts of his 14 career sending offs which include some frankly horrific fouls. Sadly the incident serves to remind everyone that he has a very dark, malicious side to his character.
    That is true, but doesn't everyone have a dark side they don't want to show? I'm usually a cool headed person, but on the pitch I can get quite mean. In indoor soccer I've got sent in the penalty box a few times and we've had to end a match early because of fighting.

You guys act like you've never seen a hard foul before. The fact is he lost his cool and he payed the consequences. It's that simple.
    Last edited by aNOBLEman; 07-11-2006 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    That is true, but doesn't everyone have a dark side they don't want to show? I'm usually a cool headed person, but on the pitch I can get quite mean. In indoor soccer I've got sent in the penalty box a few times and we've had to end a match early because of fighting.

You guys act like you've never seen a hard foul before. The fact is he lost his cool and he payed the consequences. It's that simple.
    Of course, anyone can get wound up in the heat of the moment. But I'd say on average a player will get sent off once, maybe twice in his career (that's including the many players who never get sent off and those to whom it happens maybe half a dozen times). For Zidane to have been sent off FOURTEEN times is ridiculous. It's obvious he has a severe temperament problem which has sadly now very publicly blighted a fantastic career.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Been very busy last days, so I didn't even post in this thread after the final Italy, congratulation with the win. The final was a pretty close (sadly a bit boring) match. Very strange action of Zidane, he should know better. At least We know his constellation now, Capricorn
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Of course, anyone can get wound up in the heat of the moment. But I'd say on average a player will get sent off once, maybe twice in his career (that's including the many players who never get sent off and those to whom it happens maybe half a dozen times). For Zidane to have been sent off FOURTEEN times is ridiculous. It's obvious he has a severe temperament problem which has sadly now very publicly blighted a fantastic career.
    It's those silly French types.

Now zidan says he was rovoqued, and that materazzi called him mom and his sister names.

Materazzi says he didint, that "mothers are sacred"

its like two five year olds...
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    "mothers are sacred"
    I suppose he must have said that sentence a lot of times through his career and during matches. He's so pure of thoughts!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

These .gifs are coming thick and fast!

Materazzi's revenge...

Super Mario Zidane...

Cristiano Ronaldo getting in on the act ...

And the most original so far IMO, Zidane headbutting Fidel Castro...

uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF FIGHTING

CANTONA VS. ZIDANE... BATTLE OF FRANCE

Well, at least I tried to be funny.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Thread Information