Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever heard of the Mosler MT900

I'm pretty surprised to hear you complaining about the value of this car, considering your worship of the Enzo. An MT900 could keep pace with an Enzo around the track, and is an incredible deal when considering the car that you get.

The value of a car shouldn't be determined by cost-per-horsepower. Is a Dodge SRT-4 worth more than a Lotus Elise? Does it perform better?

The gearing ratios of the MT900 are for racing, as is the rest of the car. If you're only going to pay $160,000 for a hardcore track racer, you're getting a damn good deal.

This car is worthy of so much more than your ignorant insults.

Here here egg nog couldent of ahrdlysaid it better myself...if i can give you some rep i will enjoy your 3+ rep if i can deliver it...

This car is worthy of so much more than your ignorant insults.

i never insulted the car, but i just think if i was paying over 100,000 for any car, i would at least expect it to be aerodynamically stable at high speeds

yeah the car is a reasonably lower in cost than others ( i don't disagree with you there)
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 03-22-2004 at 07:21 PM.
    UCP's No. 1 source for Enzo pic's

Those of you who are bad mouthing the mosler have not seen it in real life let alone race. i saw it race in the British GT championship last year and this year. and as most of the people have said it is set up for racing, speed is not the biggest issue on the tracks that it races on. and as Matra et Alpine said it did win at the Daytona 24hrs in its class last year. but not only that, it won at the spa 1000km race last year to so its not the slowest car in the world and it did have to deal with the might of the Dewalt TVR 440r's.
    The car has been set in a couple of races for speed, and in some tests the car has been clocked at over 200mph. and come on how many people do you actually know that have been over 165mph anyway. if you have acceleration and it handles like a beast then you can forget about the power and the top speed, youll neva gonna use it on the roads today the way they are now!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by the real deal; 03-22-2004 at 09:11 AM.
    Just under ten seconds, just call it nine point five in round figures! : Murray Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by ENZOMAN
    i never insulted the car, but i just think if i was paying over 100,000 for any car, i would at least expect it to be aerodynamically stable at high speeds
    Unfortunately, you have no real evidence of backing up your claim.

A hardcore racing car like this one is designed for superior grip and handling capabilities. Approaching high velocities, the Mosler will still retain amazing amounts of grip. This, naturally, is due to its aerodynamics, which cause lots of downforce. So in essence, it's the polar opposite of what you've said. It's actually very stable at high speeds. That's exactly what it's been engineered to do.

EDIT: A real figure for the top speed is hard to find. I did a quick search on google, and on the first page alone the top speed statistics ranged anywhere from 150mph to 190mph to [est] 200+mph.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 03-22-2004 at 07:21 PM.

my message is simple, i think its kool and not just it looks good. light weight 400 and what eva bhp resnoble handeling from the sounds of it and i think that some how it would be aerodynaicly stable and its just been ratioed like that for some reason. im tired so if i wrote something wrong please feel free to take the piss out of me

I think that we have come to the conclution that ENZOMAN is wrong and i have to ask if he has ever seen this car because if he hasnt i cant see how he can even think to have a go at this car. the car is gr8. set up for racing, acceleration and handleing. but there was one more thing! which of these do you think is the better racer? You may be supprised!
    Just under ten seconds, just call it nine point five in round figures! : Murray Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by the real deal
    I think that we have come to the conclution that ENZOMAN is wrong and i have to ask if he has ever seen this car because if he hasnt i cant see how he can even think to have a go at this car. the car is gr8. set up for racing, acceleration and handleing. but there was one more thing! which of these do you think is the better racer? You may be supprised!

no i have never seen this car, i'm sure it looks great as is does in pictures,

and about me being wrong, that is simply not true, i only repeated the words straight from the text of a motor trend magazine, so blame them

the reason i started this forum was because i thought 165pmh top speed sounded slow for such a sleek looking automobile, and i wanted to get some more info on it, and many of you delivered, so thanks

As stated in their article, their aero package gave it so much downforce and grip (slalom nearly 75 mph and awesome accel.) that teh top speed was compromised.

in GT2, when i put full downforce on any of my cars, their top speed is limited, but they have very good handleing and are stable at highspeeds.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by GT500
    As stated in their article, their aero package gave it so much downforce and grip (slalom nearly 75 mph and awesome accel.) that teh top speed was compromised.
    Obviously you could of read the article better enzoman....that doesnt say the car is unstable to me....
    +3 rep too GT500 too for clearing this up

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Obviously you could of read the article better enzoman....that doesnt say the car is unstable to me....
    +3 rep too GT500 too for clearing this up
    obviously we are talking about two different magazine articles, i reread the only one i have from motor trend and it doesn't even have an aero package, nor does the article speak of one on the mosler

take another look at the pic, it has no wing or aero package

may I ask which issue? I was looking at.....*looks*

took a coupel mins to dig it out....June 2003. Which were you reading?

let me quote from MT: "But a funny thing happened on the way to 200: downforce. And drag. The Mosler's Aero Package, which helped it deliver such serious cornering power and stability, compromised its top end. You can't win 'em all, Warren."

On the top of the last column of the last page of the "Speeding!" article. Meh that sounds weird. Anyways, Enzoman, which article were you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by ENZOMAN
    obviously we are talking about two different magazine articles, i reread the only one i have from motor trend and it doesn't even have an aero package, nor does the article speak of one on the mosler

take another look at the pic, it has no wing or aero package

who says an aero package simply contains a wing or rear spoiler, the car may be fitted with a diffuser, the body itself may produce downforce, you never know
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by GT500
    may I ask which issue? I was looking at.....*looks*

took a coupel mins to dig it out....June 2003. Which were you reading?

let me quote from MT: "But a funny thing happened on the way to 200: downforce. And drag. The Mosler's Aero Package, which helped it deliver such serious cornering power and stability, compromised its top end. You can't win 'em all, Warren."

On the top of the last column of the last page of the "Speeding!" article. Meh that sounds weird. Anyways, Enzoman, which article were you reading?

i am reading the same one from june 2003, and on pages 86-87
    i don't see the qoute you found

then on page 94 is where its top speed is listed at 165mph because of being aerodynamically limited

Thread Information