Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst SUV ever

Worst SUV ever

I'm a car guy, pure and simple. I like the capablities of SUVs when they are capable! I drive a Hyundai Sante Fe V6 FWD and it's the most pathetic SUV I can imagine. My Tempo does better in the snow that it does! I've gotten stuck in 6 inches of snow before, and once on packed snow about 10 incline. It corners like sh!t, has wicked torque steer and is just generally a pathetic poser of an SUV. Does anybody have any stories of other useless SUVs?
    Life begins @ 200 MPH
    There's no replacement for displacement.

Quote Originally Posted by HemiCuda500
    I'm a car guy, pure and simple. I like the capablities of SUVs when they are capable! I drive a Hyundai Sante Fe V6 FWD and it's the most pathetic SUV I can imagine. My Tempo does better in the snow that it does! I've gotten stuck in 6 inches of snow before, and once on packed snow about 10 incline. It corners like sh!t, has wicked torque steer and is just generally a pathetic poser of an SUV. Does anybody have any stories of other useless SUVs?
    sell it.

is just generally a pathetic poser of an SUV.
    90% of SUV's only offroad in the Walmart parking lot when they hit a pothole. Also, it's a Hyundai, which means you probably didn't take too much of a hit in the pocket for it, so expect what you pay for. Hyundai=Kia. You can't expect the capabilities of a Hummer or Jeep in something that cheap. If you want a capable but cheap SUV, then buy one that has some rust on it.
    Stickers add horsepower. I promise.

FWD SUVs... That kinda takes the point away from having an SUV, its just like a really big car then, not a multiple purpose truck. Anyway another useless SUV i have to bring up is the honda crv. Thats another FWD pathetic excuse for a utility vehicle. You cant tow anything with it, you can go off road with it, you can only drive it and take up space on the road, you may as well get a van, atleast most of them can tow...

if these SUV's are so crap, then why are people continuing to buy them, the SUV market has the largest growth for car sales
    I am the Stig

someone in the states did a survey... MOST ppl (not all) drive SUV's because they're CONVINCED in their mind that it's safer.... "oh, I mite crash, accidents DO happen, so lets get a big car so when I hit another car I wont die." well.... partly true, but did u know this? ppl killed BY SUV in a crash (not IN SUV) is 10 ppl, verses 3 ppl BY small cars in crashes.

SUV's are big. lots of momentum. if it hits a small car, the passengers of small car will most likely to suffer great injuries, if not fatal. and lets see... Passive safety claims made by SUV adverts are also just pure crap, they tip over when u corner too fast or when u blow a tire @ high speeds.

to me, the safest aid for driving is become a better driver. of course, not everyone wud do that, so lets just all drive the smaller cars. small car hit small car, safer than big car hit anycar.
    There's a automatic rice filter in being a gud mountain racer.... and that is "Skill"......

It's not mine

If I owned it I would sell it. It's one of our work vehicles. I hate it so much I drive a 2000 Cavalier instead. No A/C, tape deck, manual windows, motor is just about had it, but it's much better in bad weather, as long as the snow doesn't get too deep. The sante Fe has a/c, CD, power everything, but it aggravates me to no end. I can honestly say it is a completely worthless vehicle. An accent would be better.
    Life begins @ 200 MPH

Coming back to the original question, this is impossible to answer. To my best knowledge there is no yardstick available that can differentiate between various qualities of shit.

I am open to correction here but i believe the Santa Fe is either 4wd or FWD it cannot switch between the two like most SUVs and it is basically a cheap jeep it sells very well over here as such. But is never given much credit.

Here are what I consider valid reasons for wanting a 4wd
    1 I just bloody want one
    2 I am a farmer
    Here are what I consider invalid reasons for wanting a 4wd
    1 It snows
    2 I have a kid and i need the space, this means your prams to big
    3 Safety (buy a volvo)
    4 Speed (buy a subaru)
    5 Commercial space (Buy a van)
    6 Some rapper has one
    7 Icould go on
    All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing....

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Coming back to the original question, this is impossible to answer. To my best knowledge there is no yardstick available that can differentiate between various qualities of shit.

True, True
    Life begins @ 200 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by Zambia
    I am open to correction here but i believe the Santa Fe is either 4wd or FWD it cannot switch between the two like most SUVs and it is basically a cheap jeep it sells very well over here as such. But is never given much credit.

Here are what I consider valid reasons for wanting a 4wd
    1 I just bloody want one
    2 I am a farmer
    Here are what I consider invalid reasons for wanting a 4wd
    1 It snows
    2 I have a kid and i need the space, this means your prams to big
    3 Safety (buy a volvo)
    4 Speed (buy a subaru)
    5 Commercial space (Buy a van)
    6 Some rapper has one
    7 Icould go on
    I would consider "It snows" to be an acceptable reason for owning one. I live in Canada and if our Sante Fe had 4wd, I would probable love it. It doesn't, and it doesn't even have a LSD in the front. We've had many storms this winter where is snowed up to about a foot in one night (30 cm). I guess I'm just pissed because I've had to dig it out many times. When you're on your back under the vehicle, trying to scrape hard-packed snow from underneath the carriage, it tends to dampen your enthusiasm.
    Life begins @ 200 MPH

I would consider "It snows" to be an acceptable reason for owning one.
    I was just wondering: does it ever snow in Ireland?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I was just wondering: does it ever snow in Ireland?

I think it's safe to say yes, proabably more than we get. They are at a higher latitude. (52 vs 45)
    Life begins @ 200 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcLarenF1
    someone in the states did a survey... MOST ppl (not all) drive SUV's because they're CONVINCED in their mind that it's safer.... "oh, I mite crash, accidents DO happen, so lets get a big car so when I hit another car I wont die." well.... partly true, but did u know this? ppl killed BY SUV in a crash (not IN SUV) is 10 ppl, verses 3 ppl BY small cars in crashes.
    Yeah i hate people who look at it that way. But i think most people see it as a great mulitpurpose vehicle. With the SUV you can carry alot of people people like a van, you can toe things like a truck can, most are pretty luxurious, they have 4WD to go off road for fun or to toe in harsh weather. Their like a combonation of a truck, and a van, but smaller and more sporty.

I think it's safe to say yes, proabably more than we get. They are at a higher latitude. (52 vs 45)
    True, but like Scotland it gets the benefits of the warm Gulf stream on the coast. So it takes a pretty sold European weather front to affect us a lot.
    Even when we get a heavy fall ( 6" would be a lot ) then it usually doesn't last long
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information