Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Worst SUV ever

well my dad rathers the coilds being on his landcruiser and says they arent succeptible to as much body roll, and with the noise his one tonner makes and the amount of daily driving the landcruiser does i guess you wouldnt want the suspension clunking around deciding what to do.

the whole idea of torsion bars to me, especially in a landcruiser, doesnt sit well. they just look like something that any minute could just break. those who use landcruisers 100% offroad are probably dreading how little km's its going to take for either a replacement to be needed or until they break
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    the whole idea of torsion bars to me, especially in a landcruiser, doesnt sit well. they just look like something that any minute could just break. those who use landcruisers 100% offroad are probably dreading how little km's its going to take for either a replacement to be needed or until they break
    They are pretty tough. Four Runners and others have had them for ages. Its just that you dont get much wheel travel.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

well im surprised to hear that about the 4runners, but i guess with little wheel travel your in for a bumpy ride
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    well im surprised to hear that about the 4runners, but i guess with little wheel travel your in for a bumpy ride
    The ride is actually ok. When I say limited wheel travel I mean relatively. It would have more wheel travel than an ordinary coil sprung sedan. Limited in an off road sense actually means that you hang wheels in the air when traversing severely uneven ground. This means the wheel "freewheels" and you dont move anymore. Traction control systems on newer 4x4s and SUVs overcome this in varying degrees as do diff locks. High lift suspension also increases wheel travel keeping all four wheels firmly planted. Some people go to extremes of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

attention all soccer mums: thats what an SUV's built for
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    FWD SUVs... That kinda takes the point away from having an SUV, its just like a really big car then, not a multiple purpose truck. Anyway another useless SUV i have to bring up is the honda crv. Thats another FWD pathetic excuse for a utility vehicle. You cant tow anything with it, you can go off road with it, you can only drive it and take up space on the road, you may as well get a van, atleast most of them can tow...
    It's like the Toyota RAV4. The cheapest version has a 1.8 I4 engine and FWD. It must be really embarrasing to actually get stuck somewhere.

Also the BMW X3 (I think, could have been the X5) has been tested in an actual offroad situation, it did like 3km per liter fuel.

All in all I don't get the idea of offroaders not meant to go off road...
    Probably the only UCP member without a car D:

Quote Originally Posted by Gabman
    It's like the Toyota RAV4. The cheapest version has a 1.8 I4 engine and FWD. It must be really embarrasing to actually get stuck somewhere.

Also the BMW X3 (I think, could have been the X5) has been tested in an actual offroad situation, it did like 3km per liter fuel.

All in all I don't get the idea of offroaders not meant to go off road...
    I could not agree more take a Honda Civic stretch & F**K up the body work , slight jack up the axle . And you have a crv , I think they actually come with car seats a standard And i have never seen a commercial version hence they cant tow crap. The new Rav 4 looks well and lets face if you want off road capabilities its a not a smart buy. However i have never testred this.

I however have nothing but good things to say about the little suzuki vitara original . I took this up the side of a mountain(or big F-ing hill) in Ko Samui , Thailand and it performed very well.) Bearing in mind it was not that muddy
    All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing....

well it wouldve been about a year ago and i was at this wreckers in the Blue Mountains here, and this CRV was there that looked as if it had been in an accident, although i think its hard to explain. anyway, the complete suspension assembly for one of the rear tiryes had been completely torn away from the bodywork and the rear end was just sitting there on the ground
    I am the Stig

Thread Information