Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford GT vs. Dodge Viper

Ford GT vs. Dodge Viper

According to Motor Trend, the Ford GT beats the Viper to 60sec by about half a second, but the Viper comes back with a vengence and beats the Ford to the quarter mile! (Albeit, by only 1/100 of a sec ) The Viper is therefore cheaper, faster, has more torque, and is a convertible! Nice one Ford! Bye Bye, See ya later!
    Life begins @ 200 MPH
    There's no replacement for displacement.

i dont really think thats enough to say bye bye to ford. the ford gt comes complete with the heritage that that car brings and the memories of defeating ferrari way back when. sure the viper is a monster....but lets not base EVERYTHING on 0-60 times and quarter miles times. what about on the racetrack where do these two compare?

I'd just like to point out that the GT's top speed is over 200 MPH, and the Viper's is 190.

The GT is said to out-handle the Ferrari 360 - something a Viper has no chance of doing.
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by HemiCuda500
    According to Motor Trend, the Ford GT beats the Viper to 60sec by about half a second, but the Viper comes back with a vengence and beats the Ford to the quarter mile! (Albeit, by only 1/100 of a sec ) The Viper is therefore cheaper, faster, has more torque, and is a convertible! Nice one Ford! Bye Bye, See ya later!
    well what car would you prefer to be in a car crash
    the dodge viper has two stars in safty you could get
    you legs broken or would you prefer to be safe in the
    ford well not safe becoz its a carcrash
    Last edited by cuntukimushroom; 08-08-2004 at 09:07 AM.
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

i think the ford gt looks better than the viper, and for 2 cars that are close in performance either one would be nice for me. by the way i wouldn't want to crash any car
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

performance isnt everything, plus 4 seconds to 60 is plenty fast for the street. what car would you rather be seen in? i would take the gt over the viper any day of the week.

the gt will outhandle the viper...plus exclusivity, heritage, and the knowledge that you've got a better handling/faster car than a ferrari
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

I persoanlly love both cars and think its a move for american cars in the right direction...we already have a viper in our nations cup class now all we need is the GT and we already have a mosler team that wants to start up as well...

I really don't think the Ford GT out performs the Ferrari 360.

I guess we'll have to wait until a magazine tests an actual production GT, not these prototypes/Testers/mules.

I just thought it was humerous that Ford was trying to squash Dodge with their new car; it costs double, has 2004 technology, is a coupe (which is easier to make lighter and stiffer than a convertible) is mid-engined (which improves weight distribution), and is supercharged (smaller block=less weight). And the Viper and GT are still very similar in performance.

Oh yeah, and I would rather be seen in a viper. I drive a Ford and I vow it will be the last one I ever own!
    Life begins @ 200 MPH

Since when where they trying to squash dodge? They built the car because it was recieved well and they wanted something to inspire the people...
    And your point being in case youhavent noticed the car makes use of its much smaller powerplant and is more able around corners...And you cana rgue they are useing test mules and stuff now but i can almost garentee the car will be more agile then the viper....

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Since when where they trying to squash dodge? They built the car because it was recieved well and they wanted something to inspire the people...
    And your point being in case youhavent noticed the car makes use of its much smaller powerplant and is more able around corners...And you cana rgue they are useing test mules and stuff now but i can almost garentee the car will be more agile then the viper....
    {Sigh} you got me. In many ways it does out-perform the Viper, but they are still very close.

Also, the magazines were really hyping up the fact that the Viper is being replaced by the GT as "America's flagship". I'm sure that was a factor in the car's development.
    Life begins @ 200 MPH

True they are close...
    I dont think that was fords objective to make a new american flagship...though its a nice after thought.
    And as for the dodge getting dethroned...dont take that with a grain of salt you have your prefernce and thats all that really matters...rember the GT will more then likly be de throned in a few years too...such is the fickle opions of the general public and the motoring industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford100Years
    I'd just like to point out that the GT's top speed is over 200 MPH, and the Viper's is 190.
    I stand corrected. If that's true, then the Viper isn't the fastest. (But it still has the 1/100th of a second advantage in the quarter mile! )
    Life begins @ 200 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by HemiCuda500
    I stand corrected. If that's true, then the Viper isn't the fastest. (But it still has the 1/100th of a second advantage in the quarter mile! )
    1/100th....to your average road goer that is not worth skiteing about 10 mph is a lot more then 1/100th of a second if they had several tests that day with that little between them you probly would fin the ford in front on a few occasions...thats basicly a photo finish....

Thread Information