Thread: 1968 Autobianchi Coupè Prototype

1968 Autobianchi Coupè Prototype

Questo prototipo di vettura sportiva Autobianchi – studiato interamente dal Centro Stile della Fiat (design Pio Manzù) – è il documento di un indirizzo nuovo, cioè di un potenziamento della attività di ricerca nel campo del design da parte di una grande casa automobilistica, per una produzione di grande serie – al di fuori della èlite dei grandi carrozzieri.

L’applicazione di principi aerodinamici è stata di grande importanza per questo studio. Una caratteristica della carrozzeria è la sezione estremamente profilata della parte anteriore. Mediante l’eliminazione di superfici frontali perpendicolari all’asse di penetrazione è stata raggiunta una forma di penetrazione aerodinamica molto favorevole.

Il disegno della parte posteriore è stato impostato secondo il principio aerodinamico della coda tronca senza portare la teoria a estreme conseguenze come su alcune vetture prototipo da corsa nelle quali la superficie della coda tronca corrisponde alla superficie della sezione massima.

Nel disegno dell’abitacolo particolare cura è stata dedicata allo studio degli elementi concorrenti alla sicurezza passiva. Cruscotto, rivestimento delle portiere, padiglione, montanti, l’intero abitacolo sono rivestiti di pannelli in poliuretano espanso

L'auto era priva di motore e di organi meccanici. Rimase, purtroppo, solo un esercizio stilistico.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -----------------------------------------------
    "Ho visto cose che voi umani non potreste immaginare... E tutti questi momenti andranno persi nel tempo come lacrime nella pioggia. E' tempo di morire"

also know by "Primula Coupe G31"
    "I don't take any photo, just collect in all the web and share"

In English, please... unless someone can translate it...

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    In English, please... unless someone can translate it...

I'm sorry, but I'm not so good...
    "Ho visto cose che voi umani non potreste immaginare... E tutti questi momenti andranno persi nel tempo come lacrime nella pioggia. E' tempo di morire"

Quote Originally Posted by ribatejo69
    also know by "Primula Coupe G31"

Which is the source of this information?

Quote Originally Posted by mario0962
    I'm sorry, but I'm not so good...
    I'll give it a shot then!

This prototype of a sports car from Autobianchi- a design study from Fiat's Centre of Design- documented a potential for making a mass-production car to take on more well-known car makers.

The front of the car was cleanly designed and devoid of superficial design fads that were likely to make the car less aerodynamically efficient (note the wedge-shaped front and lack of spoilers/wings).

The rear of the car was also designed in a simple fashion, not falling for the outlandish and inept designs of concept cars of that time. The interior was simple and functional, and also utilised a dashboard made entirely of polyurethane.

The car was more of a stylistic exercise, lacking any engine or drivetrain, and unfortunately stayed that way.

(This is a rough translation, I did my best! Also added some of my own contributions )

(This is a rough translation, I did my best! Also added some of my own contributions )
    Not bad... A bit too much of own contributions perhaps...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Looks kind of like a poor man's Bora. And by "poor man's" I don't mean bad, I mean accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmacklind
    Looks kind of like a poor man's Bora. And by "poor man's" I don't mean bad, I mean accessible.
    If you think Maserati, Indy is more like it...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The front remebers me of Detomaso Pantera + Lotus Elan +2...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Not bad... A bit too much of own contributions perhaps...
    It's pretty much the best I could do! If you could do it better WITHOUT a translation site...!

It's pretty much the best I could do! If you could do it better WITHOUT a translation site...!
    Alright I take on the challenge , there you go:

This prototype of an Autobianchi sportscar, studied internally by Fiat's Centro Stile and designed by Pio Manzu, is a document about emphasising the research on the design fields by a big manufacturer for a mass produced car, outside the elite of independent coach builders.

The aplication of aerodinamic principles have been of vital importance for this project. A remarkable characteristic of the car is the extrmely sleek front end. Through the reduction of the front surface the aerodinamic penetration is very good.

The design of the back has been styled according to the principle of the Kamm tail, but not as extreme as some contemporary race cars, which cut the tail in the section of maximum surface, around the roof.

when designing the interior particular care has been destined to elements of passive safety. As a result the door panels, pedals, pillars have been made of polyurethane.

The car didn't have any kind of drivetrain or engine, and as result stayed as a style exercise only.

Not bad eh?
    Visca Catalunya!

I hate you

Thread Information