View Poll Results: What is your favourite Mopar?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dodge Challenger

8 36.36%
  • Dodge Charger

6 27.27%
  • Dodge Coronet

0 0%
  • Dodge Dart

0 0%
  • 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona

3 13.64%
  • Dodge Superbee

0 0%
  • Plymouth Duster

0 0%
  • Plymouth 'Cuda

4 18.18%
  • Plymouth Road Runner

1 4.55%
  • 1970 Plymouth Superbird

0 0%

Thread: Favourite American Musclecar

Favourite Mopar

A few parameters to start with:

Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth only
    1964-1974
    Factory models only
    Compact, Pony, and Intermediates only (no luxury, fullsize, or sports cars)
    Cars will be assumed to have all the options the poller wants (ex: spoiler, Hemi, Dana 60, Hurst shifter, Posi, etc.)
    Last edited by HemiCuda500; 03-22-2004 at 07:01 AM. Reason: simplification
    Life begins @ 200 MPH
    There's no replacement for displacement.

'69 Dodge Charger Daytona for me.

1969 Charger R/T SE , best looking car of the musclecar era. I was tempted to go with either of the winged cars, but as much as they are rare, they just don't compare to the Charger. 1969 Charger 500 should also have been included.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    1969 Charger 500 should also have been included.

I intended for the Charger 500 to be included under "Dodge Charger" The 1969 Daytona was a separate model (I think), not an option package, so I listed it as a separate car.
    Last edited by HemiCuda500; 03-22-2004 at 09:48 AM. Reason: typo, forgot "Daytona"
    Life begins @ 200 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by HemiCuda500
    I intended for the Charger 500 to be included under "Dodge Charger" The 1969 was a separate model (I think), not an option package, so I listed it as a separate car.
    The Charger 500 was quite a bit different than the standard '69 Charger with its flush mounted grill and headlights and different rear window that was much more reminiscent of the '66 and '67 Chargers, giving it that fastback profile. I suppose it could be grouped together, but its significance in tying Dodge over until the Charger Daytona was ready cannot be dismissed.

Another car (which I will forgive you for not including) is the 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    The Charger 500 was quite a bit different than the standard '69 Charger with its flush mounted grill and headlights and different rear window that was much more reminiscent of the '66 and '67 Chargers, giving it that fastback profile. I suppose it could be grouped together, but its significance in tying Dodge over until the Charger Daytona was ready cannot be dismissed.

Another car (which I will forgive you for not including) is the 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst

I think you mean tiding, not tying. The Charger 500 didn't do that well at NASCAR, thats why they came out with the Daytona. Was the Charger 500 an option package or a separate model? How many were produced?

I've heard about the 300 Hurst, and completely forgot about it when making my list of classic MOPARs, my sincere apologies.
    Life begins @ 200 MPH

My pick would be the 71 Plymouth GTX
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by HemiCuda500
    I think you mean tiding, not tying. The Charger 500 didn't do that well at NASCAR, thats why they came out with the Daytona. Was the Charger 500 an option package or a separate model? How many were produced?

I've heard about the 300 Hurst, and completely forgot about it when making my list of classic MOPARs, my sincere apologies.
    They produced 500 of the Charger 500's (from my understanding, just enough to qualify as a production car), they didn't do very well in NASCAR, but it was a significant improvement of the standard body style, the Torino Talladegas and Cyclones had pretty much copied the shape of the earlier '66 and '67 Chargers with the fastback rooflines and because of this they enjoyed a lot of the success Dodge had previously enjoyed.

Gotta love the way mother Mopar pulled all the plugs when creating the Charger Daytona/Superbird .... try to imagine the look on the blue oval boys faces when team Mopar pulled the winged cars off the trailers for the 1st time .... LMAO ..... wish I had been there, probably could have heard the resounding "WTF !!!" from the grandstands !!

BTW: I was sarcastic in my comment about excluding the 300 Hurst
    = sarcasm

tires killed the wing cars

The reason for the restrictor plates (and therefore the death of the wing cars and increasing top speeds at nascar) was of the horrible accidents that claimed the lives of drivers. I heard that the tires would shred off after a few laps at top speed. Imagine, with safety and tire technology being what it is today, and no restrictor plates, what modern nascar would be like? Incredible.
    Life begins @ 200 MPH

Thread Information