Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News section

News section

UCP is agreat site. It has an incredible database in what concerns car specifications, very good photography of each features car and pleasant forums.

To me the only thinkg that is missing in this web site is a "NEWS" section. Instead of relying on rumors and gssip that spreasd across forums throughout the web, It would be nice to have a proper News section where you could get the facts.

How feasible would this be?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

News like all that stuff on the main page? Or news like non-car related stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    News like all that stuff on the main page? Or news like non-car related stuff?
    No ! He means a selection of the latest news brought by the manufacturers (for example the new XXX). BUT this sort of exists yet.. what is the idea exactly ? Can you explain a bit more,cos I/we dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo

To me the only thinkg that is missing in this web site is a "NEWS" section.
    How feasible would this be?
    These things are very well covered on the web, and I am sure not everybody cares to read that Hyundai made a new engine version for the Atoz.

News is covered as far as it concerns the launching of an important new car, and by visiting the most important Motor Shows of the world, such as Geneva, Detroit, Paris and Frankfurt.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I think he means a dedicated news page, something along the lines of this site's page: http://www.fast-autos.net/news/
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

I think it's a good idea, but it involves a lot of work.. being the only downfall to the project.

Mabye a news forum? Like Gaming except for news...and then mabye a thread just for Car News and a thread for global unrelated news?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Mabye a news forum? Like Gaming except for news...and then mabye a thread just for Car News and a thread for global unrelated news?
    Why would you make two more pointless threads?

Both of those things are already covered in Manufacturer Forums and Miscellaneous.

And on the subject of important globe news, it's very rarely discussed in the Micellaneous section so I believe that a forum for it wouldn't be very popular. And this is a car forum, if they want to hear about global news they visit different sites.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Speak of the devil! As you guys were discussing the news section, Wouter just finished an automobile and globe-related news page!

AutoNews

GlobalNews

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Speak of the devil! As you guys were discussing the news section, Wouter just finished an automobile and globe-related news page!

AutoNews

GlobalNews
    Wouter's powers go wayyy higher than I even cared to realise.

Mega.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Wouter's powers go wayyy higher than I even cared to realise.

Mega.
    Some of the things he does fall nothing short of a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Some of the things he does fall nothing short of a miracle.
    Putting up with his "crazy Dutch accent" appears right at the top of that list.

Putting up with his "crazy Dutch accent" appears right at the top of that list.
    you need to duck here as well
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    you need to duck here as well
    That hole may come in handy

That hole may come in handy
    you may need more than one if you go on like this

Thread Information